1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about maintenance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sia YS, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Sia YS

Sia YS Mano

Aug 18, 2020
    Male
    8:29 PM
    I/L Wizard
    -
    Hey everyone! (I'm a new player)

Just curious is this server closing soon?

I'm not being sarcastic, just I never experienced an MMOG game's server down for a so long time. I research about some of the past maintenance. For small maintenance usually took 1 hour something, how about major maintenance? do major maintenance usually took a long time as this? :snaphappy:

Share me your experience(this server) please. :woot:

By the way, I was blamed by my friends for choosing this server :cry:
    Because at first, they want to go for MapleRoxxl but I think the rates multiple too much, so I prefer MapleLegend. :D

Anyway, cheer for the hard work of GMs, programmers, etc. of this server, and also the maplers. Y'all are really awesome. :shamemb:

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. denesh

denesh Mano

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    5:29 AM
    If you chose maplelegend you came on the right way. This owners really take their game seriously unlike other servers and I totally love it. Yours truly ex mapleroxx

3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:14 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    This is normal for patches.

ML has been down for even longer periods of time in the past.

But welcome! This is the place to be. :)

4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    As far as I know, the server doesn't seem to be in state where it will close any time soon. Those small maintenances that last about an hour are because they are usually just fixing minor bugs and just checking to make sure everything is running smoothly. They also don't have any changes that require a patch/re-downloading files. This current patch is a major one since they're changing a whole lot of things as well as adding the summer event. While it is taking a bit longer than usual, the best you can do is be patient. Definitely be on the forums and Discord as they can keep you updated on their progress. Here some of the posts talking about the updates, which might make it more understandable why it takes a while:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-balance-changes-and-bug-fixes.33639/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/summer-2020-balance-changes-explained.33652/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/2020-summer-events.33643/

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Sia YS

Sia YS Mano

Aug 18, 2020
    Male
    8:29 PM
    I/L Wizard
    -
    Alright, Thanks for the replies :D

Because my friends are rage about the server down time, so I'm just want to see if this happen frequently before I got hated by all of them :penguin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Yeah major patches like these happen maybe 3-4 times a year? It's really whenever we have huge event like Halloween/Christmas/Anniversary