1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Decrease Ice Cube cost of Ap Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CHAPPiEHD, Sep 7, 2020.

Should the Cost of Ap Resets be Changed?

1. Reduce the Price from 75 to X

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Keep it as Is

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Change it from 5 Ap resets to 10.

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. CHAPPiEHD

CHAPPiEHD Blue Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    7:18 AM
    CHAPPiEHD1
    Bishop, Dragon Knight
    Exactly what the title states, I just want to see what other people think about possibly having this changed. I understand the need to have people vote for the server and the Ap resets are a perfect way to entice players to do so, however it seems weird to me that they are more expensive than a chance at a rare item.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:18 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Sorry, I'm kinda against for getting AP reset from event, too much easily.

Of course, it'll be sweet like sugar for all players playing at this moment. Seems this suggestion is beneficial for everyall. but, NO.
    We need to think about newcomers after event. Just think if newcomer came and noticed he missed summer event, which gave AP reset like pouring rain, and he needs to vote every days for 1~2 resets per day while who enjoyed event got tons of AP resets.
    (honestly, many tryhards are getting AP resets so much even with this condition. cube exchange + vote cash tik.)

This server will run constantly after event for sure. For economical reason, and to prevent post-event newcomers feeling of losing, I am sadly against this suggestion. (Don't misunderstand. ofc, I love AP resets and need tons of it......)

3. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:18 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i would suggest voting instead on your upcoming main character, and play a side character while waiting for the nx to roll in. farming ap resets are not worth the effort.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:18 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So its 50 cubes for one raffle, meanwhile its 75 cubes for 5x AP resets. So it's more like 15 cubes for 1 AP reset~ ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:18 AM
    People are being salty just because its too difficult for them to get a chance on a valuable gach reward, lowering the event currency to make something too easy to obtain ex: White Scroll, Chaos Scroll.

I also need a bunch of AP Resets but having it basically 'vote to win' way to obtaining any reward would make the game stale.. if something does get changed with the price then why not have Chaos Scrolls drop from mobs that would be more nostalgic because they dropped in GMS.

But even then that would make things kind of boring for others.. idk but I say keep it as it is.
    (I've low life farmed Chaos Scrolls from a different server and was called a cheater.. I've just made a Cleric to farm them from Zombie Mushrooms but whatever I'm in a better server now.)

6. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't know if this is the intended rate, but I just spent 17 hours farming 500 boxes and I got 64 cubes. It's really frustrating that you can farm for 17 hours and not even get 5 resets. 3 hours (more than that if box drop rate corresponds to my 32/500 cube rate in this set of 500) per reset seems excessive since that would mean if I grinded 3 hours every single day for the entire event I would only get 30 resets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Can we just have the option of 15 cubes for 1 reset instead of a bundle? This will trick our brain to think that we are achieving something after hours of farming cubes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Some people are willing to pay 10mil for an AP Reset, though that figure would rapidly decrease if event cash were more readily available. So 10mil is the "street" value of an AP Reset.

The only other comparison would be 800 ice cubes for a White Scroll. That gives each ice cube a value of 175k each.

In terms of White Scrolls that puts each AP Reset at 2.625mil each for this event. It's a pretty decent value all things considered.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I would say its 2-3 hrs per tree. A 14 hrs (semi) afk can normally get you 5 lots of pearls.
    30 days for the tree is 5 x 5 x 30 = 750 pearls.
    30 days of jump quest is 2 x 30 = 60 pearls.
    30 days of quiz is 2 x 30 = 60 pearls + 30 cubes.
    30 days of boss rush at 40 points a run is 40 x 2 x 30 = 2400 points > 40 exchanges > 120 pearls + 40 cubes.
    You got 750 + 60 + 60 + 120 = 990 pearls and 70 cubes.
    This is roughtly 1000 pearls which is 600 cubes, with that 70, 670 cubes ~~~ 9 lots of resets.

Summer event? You mean the afk event. Most of the cubes are from being afk at the tree lol.

But really. The reward for actively playing/hunting for boxes is just way to low.
    The bulk of the event is really just afk as hard as you can, better if you are still working from home.
    You are playing the event wrong if you are grinding for boxes lol.
    Just grind to top up enough cube to hit the last reward you are going for.

Edit:
    It is not bad to have a more afk event after that anni grind/quest daily.
    Really just make the ap reset gettable at 1 each, instead of 5 together.
    It feels much much much more gettable without inflating the rewards.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1