1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Hamstring not working

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Caenyss, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    12:48 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Monsters aren't being affected with Slow status when Hamstring triggers.
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/skill?id=3121007

What is supposed to happen?: It should apply slow to movement speed.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I put my first 2 points into Hamstring and tested on some random monsters.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Cast Hamstring and hit some monsters, when the Slow icon appears above their heads (meaning it successfully triggered) it disappears almost immediately and the monster isn't affected at all.

Extra information (optional): I'll try to post a video later today.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    Were you alone or with other in map?

3. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    7:48 AM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    hamstring lv2..?
    the effect is in-significant.. u will see the slow effect on mobs/boss from hamstring lv15 onwards..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:33 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    It worked on nameless with no problem for the past couple of days.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    Marked as not a bug until I got more confirmed info

6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:48 PM
  7. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I'll post a video either later today or tomorrow, but even at lower levels it should be noticeable.

Take for exemple Mini Bronze Martial Artist (https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=9600020) which has 15 speed. At level 2 Hamstring should reduce it's speed to 11 speed, that's pretty significant (26% reduction) and should be noticeable.

EDIT: I just thought of this now, could it be that the reduction is in % ? (which is not in the skill description)
    Either way the Slow icon above the monster's head disappears much faster than 5 seconds, unless that's actually intended.

8. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Alright so here's a short clip (starting at ~40 seconds, cba to edit): https://youtu.be/6L6ARKx40dk?t=40

You can see that the Slow icon appears just for an instant and it should last at least for 5 seconds at level 2. I also don't see any noticeable speed reduction, but I'm leaving that up for discussion in regards to what I wrote on the previous post (EDIT).

As a bonus you can also see at around 1:02 a quirk with Dragon's Breath skill that pushes the furthest Mini Bronze Martial Artist to beyond known land.

9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    yeah, the slow cc(crowd control) pops up for about 0.2 seconds then its gone.. and it only showed up once at 0:47 at 0.75 play back speed which is really weird.. it should but a flat 5 seconds

https://i.imgur.com/FJuGZf1.png

10. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    i went to bronze martial artists just now and checked and it seemed like hamstring was working normally. my hamstring is maxed out though. also, i do want to note that the slow icon only appears to indicate that hamstring is in effect and doesn't stay on the monster for the full duration of hamstring.

honestly it looks like it's working fine to me-- you can see when you first push back the two monks, after hamstring is applied to one of them, that the one affected is approaching more slowly. might just be that you expected more slow than you got?

11. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    It could be, but these answers are a bit open ended (not to your fault). Is the icon really supposed to just pop in for a second? Shouldn't it stay on for the full duration? It doesn't seem coherent with everything else.

What about the skill description? Is the slow applied by the said number or is it in fact a percentage?

12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:48 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Mob speed is really weird I haven't really figured it out fully but it goes to the negatives. Pink Bean has a speed of - 40 if I remember correctly. You'd think that means he can't move, but he moves at a decent pace. So getting reduced by 2 (when things can go negative) is pretty minor in the grander scheme of things

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I didn't realize speed went to the negatives, it makes sense now.

What do you reckon about the slow icon not persisting for the entire duration? The way it is now it's very easy to miss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Can someone confirm if the slow icon only lasting half a second is indeed a bug or not? Cause if it's not, I would open this detail as a suggestion thread.