1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Multi Client at Pianus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenjino, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:34 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    For technical reason this is hard to imply.

There is no guarantee for single person will use only single IP. (Imagine owner of net cafe. Or w/e. Even i can use 5 diff IPs with my local net + families phone data sharing in same time, if needed.)
    So distinguishing mules with IP? Impossible.

How about distinguishing mules with hwid? Easy to bypass. Just bring more laptops. (And this is a bit sensitive matter to be taken for trivial fish hunting)

Distinguishing by just knowledge of whos mules they are? Nonsense.

This is why this pianus camping matter should be goes like 'you try more, you get more' is at least ideal fair solution.

+ Actually i havent kill any pianus for 5 yrs of ML life bcz im lazy... Never thought it's unfair tho.
    ++ huge thanks for sweaty campers who helped my quest when I asked help.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    9:34 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Or put some flyeyes in the map so people at least have to keep mapowner by killing mobs like every other map.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    9:34 AM
    Correct Me if I'm Wrong, Take Example Manon / Griffey GM Have Make Changes to The Drop Rate of Holy Shield and Spawn Rate Timing to 1.5hr. If Possible Maybe Could do The Same for Pianus so Every Single Player Could Have a Chance to Hunt Rush 30 or Certificate. From My Knowledge Pianus Have a Spawn Rate of 23Hrs Which Makes it Difficult to Catch a Pianus Unless You Have a Timer or By Camping. The Difficulty Face By Single Player with No Mules / Multiple Character is The Pesudo Map Owner That Prevent Other Players From Having a Chance to Kill Pianus Due to The Long Spawn Timing Compare to a Player w Multiple Character and Claiming Pesudo Map Owners On Multiple Channels. Maybe in Future, Changes Could be Made to Benefit Every Single Player without the Need of Depriving Other Player a Chance to Kill Pianus and Hunt Rush 30 or Certificate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Finally topic went to QOL vs authentic matter, just as thousands of suggestions went before. We'll see which side staff team will put their weight on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:34 AM
    Hero
    real maplers will agree with this. soulless maplers will disagree.

XatBlush

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:34 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    And having multiple mules camping several channels isn't selfish? lmao.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. firewave2525

firewave2525 Snail

Apr 12, 2020
    6:34 PM
    Is your goal getting rush 30 or certificate? I think the biggest distinguishing factor between manon being a 1.5 hour spawn versus the nasty pianus 12/24 hour spawn is how necessary the boss kill is. A big part of the server has to at least get a manon poke going every time they want to horntail whereas you only need to kill a pianus once for a cert and miniatures are quite affordable for the will quest. You could always ask if they can help you get a cert too and I'd like to think you would be more successful than not. If you're arguing about getting rush 30 unfortunately I think you're going to have to outsweat the server for it. You could always just buy it though?

On another note, perhaps maxing out mules to forbid players from even entering pianus/manon/griffey without reason might be worth some staff investigation. Haven't experienced something this cruel yet though!

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is pianus 12/24 now? The lib says 24/36.

9. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
  10. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    KenjinoKenjino
    People sometimes kill the bosses for scroll drops, if someone needs a card they would gladly give the cards over like how I've gotten my Kimera/King Sage Cat cards thanks to MeBigBrain and Shines er, I think the others names were hard to remember but they all helped out.

If its books and other drops it might be harder, but most people are nice in-game.

11. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    9:34 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Disagree on making left Painus drop it. Left Painus is just a glorified target dummy that doesn't even seal/dispel properly.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    So are you admitting that you are salty?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    nah people like me have been trying ways to annoy people who uses mules to claim pesudo map owner on multiple channels. im just looking for ways without Griefing and at the same time create Awareness but it seems there are too many High Level douche w multiple mules and instead of being Constructive, they are just being sarcastic and boasting. oh well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's disappointing to see how arbitrary some of the changes made to the game are. I would say this is similar to a recent change that was made to the game to directly target multi-channel farming at a grinding map.

Camping bosses like this has been a time honored tradition in MapleLegends so I doubt you will see anything changed. I don't get why people think it takes effort to multi-channel camp area bosses. It doesn't. All it takes is having no life. I know it sucks but your best bet is going to be to buckle down and spend one of your free weekends camping maps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1