1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

About Shaolin maps balance. Funny reaction its always welcome.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Althariisa, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:22 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I understand the change, but imo having no safespot in 1-2F, 3-4F and 7F but having one in 5-6F makes 0 sense to me. if anything it should be the other wat around.

best case would be allowing a safe spots on all of these maps

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    5:22 AM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    The real question is why does 5-6 F have a safe spot to place mules yet 1-2F and 3-4F have none?....

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:22 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    As I said, if you can suggest a spot, we'd be down to discuss it. However, just repeating the problem doesn't help us in any form.

4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:22 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The reason we don't provide exact numbers, is because of bugs and what not in the past, the intended number of mobs for shaolin was inflated. Like if you remember 5-6 had a random silver monk on the top row when it shouldn't have been there. It was caused by our mapeditor being messed up (if you recall a few months prior, we released an announcement about it. There were also side-effects with Ulu maps too back during that time).

If you do want to know the exact amounts, I believe the lib hasn't been updated for the current cycle yet. So you should be able to cross reference the numbers and see~

5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    2:22 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    It should be stated clearly in the patch notes, regardless of it was a bug or not; it's such an easy thing to add in and provides so much more clarity as to what is actually happening. Stating that you don't want to add it because it is a bug makes no sense to me.

Example:

Reduced number of gold monks at 5-6F from 8 back down to 7 (bug fix from October patch)
    Reduced number of silver monks at 5-6F from 12 back down to 10 (bug fix from October patch)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:22 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It does not really matter where the spot is, as long as there is one.

but sure, I think the best place in 1-2F would be either of these flagpoles. It's the easiest chance as there is no way any monks can jump on top of them without having to go through multiple changes.
    upload_2021-2-21_18-12-33.png

For 3-4F the easiest spot to implement would also be on top of a flag
    upload_2021-2-21_18-15-14.png

5-6F already has its own spot and for 7F I wouldn't know

7. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:22 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well i didnt suggest a new spot, but another kind of solution. that is reverting the aggro of the fishes to the state of 2018. I mean REMOVE auto aggro of the wooden fishes. that makes easier the keeping of the mule inside 7f. I really have my bet that's going to solve the problem without editing the map. If the auto aggro removal of the fishes its not a good idea, can you explain reasoning if thats the case?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    5:22 PM
    Beginner
    Hmmm I think it would be great if the shelves and flag/poster could return to being actual platforms again. This applies for both 1-2 and 3-4, creating a safe spot in each map.

5-6 already has a safe spot

For 7F, from what i see it seems really hard to create a safe spot on the table unless you change the aggro of the fishes.
    But i noticed theres actually the same flag/poster thing high up on 7f. Is it possible to make that same flag/poster an actual platform, and add like a teleporter at the pillar to go up there?

upload_2021-2-22_3-4-30.png

NiseNise Would this be a viable option?

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:22 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Personally I just don't enjoy multiclienting so I just don't bother with it, but that's probably where training begins to suffer as to get the really good exp, someone has to have it. It begins to be a bigger pain when you also need to take care of the HS, and the lack of a safespot nudges people closer to the mindset that you should just be leeching instead.

You generally don't see players partying with bishops while attacking, the best maps tend to either prefer the mage or prefer the attacker so it would tend to push towards muling the buff. In third job the classes are mostly on equal footing but once 4th job starts you see a lot more specializing of the classes, between single target DPS, cleave, and map clears. A safespot to the buff would be good but alternatives to it would make the game seem less clunky overall, as the map wiper probably isn't the best choice to partner with in some circumstances and they're the one with the buff needed for training with partners.

Maybe what it needs is a bit of radical custom content, say a short(~5-15 minutes) daily quest available to level 81+ priests/bishops that allows them to commoditize their HS. As an example let's say you accept the quest, and the NPC can send you into a dungeon where you have to kill X mobs(Undead of some sort, filled with spiritual power) and collect X drop(A vessel to hold the power), and to finish the quest you turn in the drop and pay a fee(~1-2mil mesos) to have the quest NPC condense the holy energy into a tradeable buff item that gives the character using it Holy Symbol for 1 hour, much like the Valentines Basket or a personalized GM Buff. It would allow for players who have HS mules to use their HS in a new way if they choose, allow upcoming priests to make a little money by selling it, and allow for other players without HS mules to purchase HS so they can train with friends efficiently. The fee would be the main drawback, leaving HS mules cheaper to operate while still encouraging priests to party with folks, but otherwise having HS available would be a good start to leveling the playing field between training in 3rd job and leech, and for convenience training in 4th job.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    4:22 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    I'm not sure if aggro/mob movement is the same across ML, but Shaolin mobs are restricted in their movement depending on their spawn positioning(?).
    So a couple safe spots I've found at 1-2F are the two bottom corners, and for 3-4F, I think the top left corner is a safe position for mules.

I'm not sure how these safe spots interact in scenarios where the Bronze Staffman falls from the upper platform to the bottom, or at 3-4F, if a bronze Staffman climbs the stairs to the 4th floor.
    That said, it would be nice for all floors to have dedicated safe spots because the current ones might be a bit finicky.

• Informative Informative x 1