1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Straw Dummy bad ping/disconnects

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Yestalgia, Feb 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Yestalgia

Yestalgia Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2021
    Male
    7:47 PM
    Yestalgia
    I/L Wizard
    Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this private server and community only having started last week, I'm currently leveling an I/L mage and found myself training at Straw dummies - or rather I keep finding myself at the log in screen with a game error telling me my account is still logged in.

The game has run absolutely perfect everywhere else regardless of mob density and I never experience server lag or have bad internet.

So just wondering if anyone might have some insight into why after only 30 seconds of tagging straw dummies, I start disconnecting??

Thanks in advance, J

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:17 AM
    Moderator Post
    Try use a VPN and see if this helps with your problems

3. OP
    OP
    Yestalgia

Yestalgia Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2021
    Male
    Yestalgia
    I/L Wizard
    Hey Kim thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately no this didn't work. I'm not very tech savvy but I'm using ExpressVPN and it is sourcing to "New Jersey 3". I'm playing out of the east coast of Canada myself.

I've done some more experimenting and it seems my connection only drops on the training dummy and bird maps on the left and right of the town of mu lung. When I'm teleporting through town itself to either side I also experience ping drops and my teleport skips and lags. I logged into my bandit and went to a few different maps and found no ping drop whatsoever. Weird??

4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:17 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Can you try another server location? You can try another area of Canada or other places on the East Coast.

5. OP
    OP
    Yestalgia

Yestalgia Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2021
    Male
    Yestalgia
    I/L Wizard
    Hey Nise, I switched it over to a Toronto connection and it seems to be working 100% as of right now. Thanks to both of you, appreciate what you guys do!! Happy Mapling (y)

• Friendly Friendly x 1