1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back oldschool training spots.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by cowgoesmoo, Apr 9, 2015.

1. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    1:46 PM
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    When V62 originally came out alot of the older stomping grounds were nerfed or rendered obsolete by newer maps/monsters

some of these spots/monsters include but are not limited to
    -VICTORIA ISLAND-
    -Drakes
    -Ice Drakes
    -Fire Boars
    -Lupin/Z Lupin
    -Golems/Forrest of Golem
    -Lorangs (florina beach)

-ORBIS-
    -Kitties (Jr. Lioner, Cellion, Groupin, Lucida)
    ^ (as well as big kitties)
    -Lioner, Celluion, Groupin, Lucida
    -Pixies

-EL NATH-
    -Coolie Zombies
    -leatty
    -Jr. Pepe
    -Jr. Yetis
    -Yetis
    -Hectors

-LUDIBRIUM-
    -Duals (Dual Ghost pirate)

-Vikings

-OMEGA SECTOR-
    -The aliens that walk, i forgot their names

-AQUA ROAD-
    -Gobi
    -Squids

And many more

All these spots/monsters were great pre Ver.62 training spots/Alt training spots, and bold being the hotspots for not only training but KS/Guild wars and were HUGE part of Pre BB Maple Story.
    I believe by Reviving the Exp and spawn rate in these training spots/monsters, it would not only give us a little more variety/options while we are training are characters up, but would bring back an important part of what this server is all about, the nostalgia.

being pre BB maplestory it gets boring/frustrating just being stuck in one training spot forever.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    10:46 AM
    The mobs that you have mentioned are already training maps for a lot of people. It has been mentioned many times before that MapleLegends wants replicate gMS in its former glory and modifying the experience gained / spawn rate is definitely a nono. You have to remember that if you modify and adjust the mobs you have listed, other mobs and training locations will be obsolete. Also take in account of our growing playerbase, we are currently working on 2 channels if we do decide to change the exp/spawn of the mobs there will be a lot of competition and needless instigations. Just my 2cents.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    cowgoesmoo

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    I was thinking more along the lines of equalizing, leave current spots as they are becuase there is no need to nerf those spots, but bring others up to almost as good. more along the lines of how they were in Ver.55

i actually think by doing this, it will reduce competition/possible ks-ing, by giving an alternate option with decent exp/spawn rate
    with the growing player base soon you'll have people ksing everywhere because of the lack of alternate training spots, considering there will never be the same volume of players as GMS had in its golden days, there are still very few GOTO spots for each level range, soon places like GS2 will be over crowded, and if the map owner is not keen to share the map or party up you have. at this point you have 3 options CC which the One other channel could possibly be taken by a greedy person or party, KS him out which is illegal or simply not train, id rather just be able to go to another spot as much as i enjoy a good oldschool KS war.

not saying make it better than what is currently out but decent enough so the map isn't just dead.
    so the ones who may not want to be stuck at teddies for 10+ levels can have a change of scenery, that doesn't completely slow them down.
    this game is ALOT bigger than whats actually played, dont you want people to use those maps. whats the point of having them if theyre not frequently being used.

this is ofc just my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:46 PM
    Moderator Post
    Just adding here that a lot of maps that people don't go often have buffed spawn rates.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    cowgoesmoo

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    wait...what?
    is this all mapls that arent usually used or just certain maps?

6. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Sadly that's just how it is in v62. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    12:46 PM
    Paladin
    I'm pretty sure Gobies have always been the same EXP at v62. Plus this server has 2x mob rate in most maps, so it's even better than before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    I mostly disagreed with your post, until I read "this game is ALOT bigger than whats actually played." This actually struck a chord with me and is a valid point. One thing that made this game so great in the beginning was exploring new spots, partying up with friends and grinding, etc. Now, however, we all know the most strategic ways to grind even if it means spending your whole maple career at 5 total maps. If there was a way to promote exploration and new grinding spots that was not detrimental to other spots, then I am all for it. Same for party play…It is often faster to train alone (himes/WS/etc excluded), hopefully we can think of a way to reward those willing to party.

• Like Like x 6
  9. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Personally I think training is pretty fine and balanced in this version. The only thing that's overpowered IMO is Ghost Ship/MP3.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Literally nothing wrong with any of those maps. You should train there on this server before complaining about training there on this server.

11. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    12:46 PM
    I'm still a fairly low level, but I myself have already spent a healthy amount of time grinding at the following from your list:

Drakes, Fire Boars, FoG, Jr. (lioner/grupin/cellion), Pixies, Barnard and Ultra Grays (the walking aliens), Leatties, and Hectors, as well as a multitude of others you didn't include (Wild Boars and Voodoos, for example).

To be honest, people not exploring these maps is their own loss. The EXP at most of these maps is at least comparable to the "more popular" alternatives. I agree that it's a shame that people forget that we are called 'adventurers' for a reason, but no matter what you do you're always going to have some people who would rather just ppl2pass, and that's their choice and it's completely fine. I'm not going to try to force someone to explore the surprisingly vast and exciting maple world, but this server has done a great job of creating an incentive to do so through the use of buffed spawns and increased questing EXP.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    cowgoesmoo

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    literally not complaining.

13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    literally dont even

14. OP
    OP
    cowgoesmoo

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    FINE! literally

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    As Kim has stated, certain mobs/maps that lacked in spawn rate had already been increased to compare with other training alternatives. I'll move this thread to accepted suggestions and leave it open in case you have anything to add. Please make sure you have experienced training in these locations you have suggested because they may or may have not been modified.