1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low 1-1 attacks on mages/non-mages

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Magen, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    11:54 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    Ok, so it might sounds weird but from my exprience there is a bug with 1-1 attacks and different behavior to mages to non mages.
    how come?
    so when I play hero/NL w.e. and get 1-1 attack, auto pot is working, while I play bishop,and get 1-1 attack, pot never triggered by the pet.
    What is supposed to happen?:
    pot should be trigered by the pet and the character should get potioned
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:any 1-1 bosses
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):
    im not talking about pet failed to pot.
    when I play bishop, pet never heal my HP and when I play NL/hero I can go afk get back and never die (fully relly on pet).
    for example - when I fight JC with my hero and HS with my bishop, I go to the other screen (bishop's client) and I can see JC attack my hero 1-1 and the character get auto-potioned, but on the bishop it never work.

2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:54 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your auto-mp takes priority over auto-hp. If your auto-mp potion heals HP (% hp/mp potions), you can survive 1/1 easily as a mage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I can related to OP. From my personal experience playing both mage (bishop) and non-mage (dark knight) and using potions that heal both % HP and % MP,

When my bishop gets 1/1 during zak, only auto MP activates. I use Ginseng on both auto HP and auto MP, but both my HP and MP only gets restored to 40% (1 x 40%).

When my dark knight gets 1/1 during zak, both auto HP and auto MP activates. I use sushi on both auto HP and auto MP, and both my HP and MP gets restored to 40% (2 x 20%)

4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:54 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I've heard various theories come about, like the one -ovv-ovv just mentioned. I'm not entirely sure what it actually is, but having a hp+mp pot on both auto-hp and auto-mp seems to lead to only one of them triggering sometimes. Best option is to have only ONE of the slots do hp+mp (if you're a mage, probably your auto-mp having something like a Ginger Ale). Or you could just do the same hp+mp pots on both slots for a potential 2x potion usage xD but it'll guarantee you to survive most of the times.

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    My guess is it has something to do with HP checks for auto-hp, damage mitigation buffs (Magic Guard), and when damage is applied. There is nothing that mitigates mp loss so it behaves normally.

6. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    As you said, I feel it might be a magic guard bug.

There might be a way to test it:
    1. Mage getting 1/1 without magic guard
    2. Mage getting 1/1 with magic guard
    3. Non-mage getting 1/1
    4. Shadowers getting 1/1 with meso guard
    5. Warriors getting 1/1 with achilles
    The goal of each test is to see whether both auto HP and auto MP will procs from a 1/1 attack based on their individual scenario.

Although, as Nise mentioned, the issue with mages getting 1/1 can be easily circumvented by using potions that heal both HP and MP (ex. Ginseng, Elixers, Ginger, Power Elixers, Sushi, S'mores, etc)

7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:54 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    To be more specific (cus I feel like I wasn't clear in my OP)
    • Suggested:
      • Auto MP = heals both HP and MP
      • Auto HP = heals just HP
    • Never do:
      • Auto MP = heals both HP and MP
      • Auto HP = heals both HP and MP

8. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Ohhh, I see. For me, however, the latter never fails to auto pot for me.

In my case, when my auto HP uses unagi (heals 1000 HP), and auto MP uses mana bull (heals 60% mp) , it would result in only MP being healed while HP stays at 1, which is my interpretation of the issue that the OP is trying to address.

And when I use auto HP = heal both HP and MP & auto MP = heal HP and MP, I would get different results based on the class/job I played.

On my bishop with magic guard, every time I get 1/1'ed, it would only result in one of auto HP or auto MP (haven't tested using different potions, but my assumption is auto MP) being proc'ed, resulting in a single potion use.

On my dark knight, every time I get 1/1'ed, it would most likely result in both auto HP and auto MP being proc'ed, resulting in double potion use.

Of course, this is only based on my personal experience from bossing @ zakum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Thanks for the comments and the help.
    I know that I could replace the MP potion to a potion that heals my MP and HP, but it's not solve the problem OnionF4

Idk if it's related to magic guard bug or threads collision / critical section but it's long time I wanted to report on it so here I am XatSmile

Btw, as a warrior and NL when I get 1-1 attack, both are triggered, and sometimes MP potion triggered after HP.

10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    10:54 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I actually put ales on hp and mp slots for my mages and it works perfectly 100% of the time

To add to the actual thread (and possibly repeat what others said): for me, the following works perfectly
    1. Mages: ginger ale on both hp and mp slot. Never fails
    2. Mules: hp potion on the hp slot and don’t have have auto mp, then hp never fails
    3. More open clients means higher chance of pot fail, so try to not have too many clients open

I use separate hp and mp pots on my nl and that fails sometimes, but let’s just say that it keeps the game a bit more interesting

11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:54 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    If I try to duogrind my bish and dk, both will die within 2-5 minutes if I don't manually pot OnionF4

12. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    First I want to thanks anyone who comment out of a will to help stop dying as a mage, so thank you I'm really appreciate it.
    But just a way to avoid the bug isn't solve the bug it self, what I mean is is the problem is still exist and ain't solved.

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Auto-pot failing is basically a feature of this game. Finding work-arounds to these types of features is part of the player's responsibilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Staff has already specified that auto-pot should not work 100% of the time. It would make bosses like zak trivial for ranged.