1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Referral rewards

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zeretius, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    12:12 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    possibly some kind of referral reward for inviting friends or other players?

2. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I'm sure its hard to track legit referrals to prevent abuse but I used to play a game when you referred someone and they hit a milestone like lvl 10, you get a bonus, 2nd job, another bonus, etc. It was to prevent people from just referring themselves over and over again. But I think referring with milestones would be a good way to prevent that, and also reward people for brining in new players.

3. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    1:12 PM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    That is unfair to people with no friends.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Puck

Puck King Slime

Mar 30, 2015
    6:12 PM
    Tbh this feels like some sort of p2w. Same goes with rewarding players for reporting bugs. It's fine as long as the rewards they're handed give them no advantage over others, as is the case with NX rewards.

5. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    9:12 AM
    I agree - I like the idea of referral rewards, but just as an aesthetic. So things such as a banner on the forum, some piece of NX clothing, a chair, etc.

6. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Yea i was thinking like nx rewards 1k nx per referral, 10 referrals = 10k nx and a piece of nx cloth or something.. nothing like "oh you referred 1 person?" here is 10 gfa 60% scrolls. keyword "aesthetic"

7. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    5:12 PM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Since NX is given through voting I doubt they'd implement a NX reward for referrals, as the Admins want this server to be an exclusively non pay to win. If they were to implement this it would be a prosthetic item, rather than anything else, well that's what I think atleast :3

8. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    This is most likely not something that we'll be able to implement mainly because it is very easy to just ask people to say that they were recruited by player x in return for doing something for them later (i.e. 'buying rewards'). However, I will note that we occasionally will/do reward players some small amounts of Game Cash if we see that they do an exemplary job of helping our server whether it be through promotion, keeping the game clean by reporting nasty/abusable bugs, reporting hackers, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.