1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Include Monster Carnival in MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sepio61, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    11:31 AM
    RaGEZONE is amazing, anyways..

I don't think CPQ would be worth doing if it doesn't give EXP like it would normally do in the original MS if the reason is the get the pendant it could perhaps be given out as a reward in a different way?

I'd also like the pendant in-game, hope something happens though its a cool pendant.

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:31 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    CPQ as a gambling mechanism would be amazing. Especially if you can implement a UI to actually facilitate it officially. Like a trade screen that only goes through for the winner.

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    2:31 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I posted this in a recent thread about possible content that can still be added, thought I'd just add it here too. Basically I'm advocating zero exp, zero reward Carnival but with a leaderboard, so that it becomes a competitive thing for people to take a break from grinding their 4th job characters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The well of spite in their hearts is what keeps good players going. Knowing they can destroy everyone else in cpq is enough of a reward, even with no exp involved.

Add gambling and bad players will no longer be able to acquire their fortunes, so it's a win win

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I've been thinking lately that CPQ would be a great Moderator Event. No exp, not even the mobs inside, and whichever teams win get a trophy, random scroll, and a scroll of secrets, while the losers get a participation trophy and a scroll of secrets - like in a normal Mod Event.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    no thanks, leaderboards makes things toxic.

8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Personally I'm in favor of bringing it into Legends in a vanilla form, but only letting people do it once per day or something like that. That would make win-trading a lot harder to organize and also prevent it from overshadowing other content.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    On a personal note, I felt that CPQ is one of Neckson's worst additions to MapleStory as a whole as it creates a sort of already toxic competitive culture - MapleStory is supposed to be about Co-Op and Team Spirit and CPQ unfortunately doesn't make the grade and can create toxicity in this already toxic internet world.

However, *MAYBE* as some mentioned here, it can be out for a limited time as a Moderator/GM Event. Though it CPQ is already a game about who is stronger (and a well funded Assassin can already beat a team with no funding)

There are also more things to note, the only worthwhile item to get in CPQ is Spigelmann's Necklace. The other items are just not worth getting and aren't really worth millions (I remembered back in PBB Maple, the best magician wand you can get from CPQ is a Cromi, which is already being dropped by Faust).

Also considering that CPQ's exp payouts, whether you lose or win is kind of generous, this will outright kill LPQ, EPQ and LMPQ, especially CPQ is accessible from multiple continents and not just Ludibrium.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  10. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    2:31 PM
    Cpq is the greatest thing to happen to maple, only sad thing is that its only for lvl 30-50. Cpq2 really wasnt as good but still decent, i would love to see a cpq for 4th job or even 100-119.

11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Assassins are the one of the worse class in CPQ btw. A godlike-funded lvl 50 assassin stands no chance against first-char lvl 45-50 50 int warrior. If you are playing real competitive, obviously u wont spawn rombots against assassins - you will fill the entire map with teddies to take advantage of them not having cleave.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Inb4 those times when.

- "Swap win", sometimes ur swapper bails out or runs away. Can't report that to a Neckson GM because they suck and it could create unnecessary issues for ML GMs here.
    - You get booted and replaced easily because ur a 31-35.
    - "normal" mode, if opposing team has a carry or funded player, get ready to be spammed with those disable summons.

When I did play CPQ in PBB MapleSEA, funded Assassins more or less dominated in Rooms 5/6, if not its Brawlers.

Though, again, it was my opinion that CPQ was just toxic, especially given how today's internet culture has changed compared to 2008-2010.

13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Swap win is already addressed by having crap rewards and little-to-no-exp. So other den necklace, there should not have any motivation to swap in

Same can be said on LPQ in the PBB MSEA as you cant hit Alishar.

MapleStory itself is a pretty unbalanced game back then. If it can be balanced in ML, im sure over time CPQ can be balanced too.

5/6 are usually for swaps. But even in normal, as a Fighter I still managed to win easily against those sins. Brawlers are a different story tho.

Toxic's gonna be everywhere, like looting of cards before rolling, etc.
    If CPQ is toxic after implemented, you are free to avoid it.

14. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:31 PM
    Hero
    this is a good suggestion
    big :tick: from me

• Like Like x 1