1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    2:55 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Exactly this. While I understand that some players have discovered ways to play this game, casuals gets punished and it becomes a game of cat and mouse between the devs specific type of players in this server. While some balance changes and fixes makes sense, the removal of meso looting from non attackers I'll have to disagree with. Those that didn't want to sell leech will all of a sudden have to think about doing that again while also gaining less mesos/hr.

It's been feeling a lot more like custom Nerfstory lately instead of a better verson of v62 Maplelegends that we knew. Yes, enhancing game experience is good, but some changes are really over the top and ruins the game for others. Why not propose a a big change like this and get feedback from the community beforehand instead?

• Agree Agree x 21
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    5:55 AM
    iPippy
    This part strikes me particularly odd. Maybe I'm just unaware of new bishop tactics, but wasnt the "cheese" in question fixed with aggro changes? Or if it hasnt, is it because dunas isnt an auto-aggro boss (and should it be)? At the proposed buffed exp rate, it is slightly over half of the exp of a Nameless kill, with a similar time to kill. Dunas has 200m less HP but drs a ton and dispels if you cant get out of range, adding considerable time and effort to the fight. Speaking of nameless, I personally consider nameless a much more "cheesable" boss with pinning and chilling than dunas. It even has similar drop tables (NT for drops LUL), just as easy coin muling, but gives decent exp compared to dunas.

If the fear is that an entire dunas would be farmed with mage ult from below, there are vastly better uses of ult spam from both an exp and a money standpoint. 30 mages all ulting dunas from safety would be a fun sight, and generate a ton of coin, but NT coin as a whole has always been an area ripe for excessive muling (I hope the coin isnt the reason we arent allowed drops from NT bosses :(). Besides, degenerate money strategies shouldn't really impact the exp gain here.

If it had same experience as nameless, I feel people might be inclined to do dunas, but they'll surely still flock to nameless first because people will tend toward the easier option (see 7f mage safespot last year and gs2 stairs). And if the "increased vertical range" means that the top right rooftop is no longer out of dispel range, even nameless level exp might not be enough to make it worth to players. I commend taking a conservative approach to not break everything, but with these exp buffs coming so infrequently, how long will we have to wait for the exp be buffed again to finally put it in line with other NT content? The last dunas exp buff was the same time mannies lost auto aggro almost a year and a half ago (Balance Changes: 16/02/2020).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. GARRYtheGOON

GARRYtheGOON Slime

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    7:55 PM
    Garry
    Bowman
    I have made every mule under the sun because I wanted to play the game as efficiently as possible, something my 10 year old self couldnt do in GMS, but now it seems that u get punished for innovation or any form of optimisation.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:55 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I should have specified in the patch notes, but:
    • Dispel range should be unaffected
    • Other attacks' range to the floor was increased (not above)
    The cheese was generally thought to have been fixed, but we still receive infrequent reports where Dunas is rendered completely useless with it not even casting any attacks (includes DR).

Oh also, I read this in some discords, so I wanted to clarify, but the dunas/targa/scar/pb exp values listed are WITHOUT the 2x multiplier.

• Scarlion total EXP increased from 2,016,000 EXP to 6,048,000 EXP (~300% increase) >>> 12 mil
    • Targa total EXP increased from 2,016,000 EXP to 6,048,000 EXP (~300% increase) >>> 12 mil
    • Pink Bean EXP increased from 50,000,000 EXP to 120,000,000 EXP (~240% increase) >>> 240 mil
    • Dunas EXP increased from 2,450,000 EXP to 5,750,000 EXP (~235% increase) >>> 11.5 mil

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The attack range/dispel range quells many of my fears of the actual fight itself. The exp I'm comparing to is from lib, which should also be without the 2x multiplier: (10.3m) --> (20.6m) nameless. I'm down to see how it plays out in practice, I'm just afraid that if its not enough it'll take ages to get another round of adjustment when its still meme content for the comparative effort required :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    4:55 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    1 could permanent beginners have the ability to do any pq on any lv?
    2 buccs need can use echo in supertransformacion plz

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    6:55 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    ngl I'd like to see shaolin being nerfed so I don't feel too bad for considering ToT as my favorite(and only) training spot at 4th job, but at the same time it makes me really concerned about that place getting too crowded.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:55 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If I remember correctly, the reason this can't be done is because there aren't animations in place for it at the moment I think? Maybe it was for another skill, but adding stuff to Supertransform is a headache due to that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    The looting rework was just a buff to Blu301Blu301 since his sweeper is level 200 and doesn't need to dark sight scaredmush

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I was using values from the lib earlier so it should still be true that Dunas would only give about 45% of the exp that verga and nib give and 55% of the exp that nameless gives.

I feel like fears of overscaling dunas exp because of the possibility of it still being vulnerable to cheese are largely overstated. As pippy mentioned above, having a pally with si pinning nameless and basically afking would be just as cheesy while rewarding significantly more exp. Nib can also be done with your eyes closed for several classes and for most of its release was incredibly buggy such that it was also rendered largely useless and would not cast any attacks. It's not as if NT ever gave that much exp so even when people were farming nib in it's relatively afk state, there was not all that much to "take advantage of". While ideally Dunas should hopefully be cheese-proof now, there would be better and easier ways to farm exp than cheesing Dunas so I don't see much of a worst-case scenario or need to be overly cautious with respect to "increasing dunas exp to a ridiculous scale", that is to say, bringing it in line with its other NT counterparts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:55 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    LPQ is still pretty hot and alive. OPQ probably still have to wait, but people are still doing it, no worries

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Have been asking for transparency and will continue to do so. +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    10:55 AM
    renew
    These changes are so SPOT ON! Thanks for your hardwork and looking forward the anniversary!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:55 AM
  15. TouchyIce

TouchyIce Red Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    TouchyIce
    I/L Arch Mage
    Eden
    I was soooo hoping that drop votes would be back permanently....
    I have not been able to gain any NX points since the trouble with Gtop started and now seriously contemplating if it has any use to continue...
    All my INT went into MP since lvl 100 and without NX to be able to wash, my main char is really weak..
    I really think ML should make themselves independant from 3rd parties, since these 3rd parties now control and decide the game pleasure we have...
    Plus ! Drop votes will trigger the players to grind more on all their characters...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Nx coupons will appear on event notes, not balance notes

17. TouchyIce

TouchyIce Red Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    TouchyIce
    I/L Arch Mage
    Eden
    Maybe true, Jaynus, but it would be more beneficial to the game if we had those NX drop votes permanently.
    Events drops and rewards are great, but at some point the event is over and people are stuck again.
    And I truly hate the fact that Gtop decides how much fun I have in ML... which is the case right now...
    When I joined ML a few months ago, I was so pleased to see that Gachapon was a drop thing and wondered why Neckson never thought of that, it was brilliant!
    Drop votes could be the next amazing improvement...

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why not yield to a smaller, trusted advisory board for proposed balance changes? Not months in advance or while in development, but maybe some time before it's released so that the final language proposed in these threads can be words crafted by a committee rather than being completely footed by Nise? I feel like it would alleviate pressure on one balance person from having to make a lot of decisions with uncertainty while also doubling as the speaker of the house.

Of course, info leaking on certain aspects would be a concern, but I feel like any information that could be exploited from an early leak could just be kept under wraps from the advisory board, while other experimental propositions could be openly discussed without fear of leaking.

I agree that opening any discussion to the entire community is useless (that's what these announcement threads are for), but I feel like there could be alternative ways to have open, worthwhile discussions without involving the entire forum/community at once.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious

ML Backroom when?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You wouldn't know. :V

Edit: Sorry that was more toxic than funny.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1