1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make MTKs/BFs unsellable to NPCs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Jun 30, 2021.

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Nay (but tell us why tho?)

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:53 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Have you ever accidentally sold your MTKs/BFs while trying to recharge them? Well I haven't, but it scares the shit out of me everytime I recharge them. On top of that I heard of such cases in the past. Nobody REALLY wants to NPC their throwing stars, yes I believe MTK worth a bit more than 60k.

If WS and CS can't be dropped to prevent mistakes, there's no reason these expensive throwing stars will be sellable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    7:53 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I believe you can buy an item in cash shop to lock an item so it can't be sold but I don't know if it works with throwing stars. Also I believe recharge is single click not double click. I think a purchase back system is a good idea but I don't think these should be locked. I npc the lower tier ones all the time on purpose.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Item lock can be used only on Equips, and it also prevents you from trading it. I don't want to limit myself, I just don't want to accidentally lose it to an NPC. I don't mind if it'd be only on BFs and MTKs.

4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Ahhh yes, the small amount of anxiety that appears whenever I recharge my maple stars. OnionSweatie

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:53 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I believe being unable to sell to NPCs would make it not appear in the NPC shop atm :eek: Like some of the event items in the past, if you opened up a NPC window they just wouldn't be there. In which case, it would just be impossible to recharge.

I also see a potential issue with bullets, which are never sold to players for anything and are mostly NPCed like eternal / shiny bullets. No one ever wants them T-T except the NPC

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I mean it can simply return a message that says "You cannot sell this item." When a request to sell the item is made, and simply reject it

7. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    I thought ws/cs not being dropping was to prevent some dupe exploits

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    7:53 AM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    These are called meso sink.

9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    That sounds like awful lot of work for the dev team to stop a NL from losing a fraction of their wealth every three years.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I'm a developer myself (not specifically of Maplestory) and I can tell you that it's simply adding about ~2 lines in the code, one for sending a message that "You can't sell this item" and another one to return the request (aka reject it).
    With all honesty it sounds like you're simply holding a grudge against NightLords/Corsairs for some reason?
    Regardless, can you really say that it'll be more harmful than useful?

I'm sorry, now that's also on the verge of impudence. If that's really what bothers you, you're very welcomed to NPC your PGC.

11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Everyone who isn't a NL that gets stars while grinding would no longer be able to npc them, though they generally aren't worth much. But also feels like it's a human error issue similar to putting stuff in your fm store at the wrong price or accidentally using a white scroll. In the end it is up to staff if they feel this change is simple enough and worth while to implement. If it's simple I don't mind if they add it, but it really is just a human error thing. Maybe don't spam click when you're restocking them. 1 click to refill 2 clicks to sell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    This is a private server. ML staff doesn't have access to source codes. Modding the client is not adding ~2 lines of code, it's adding ~200 lines of code AFTER finding the exact place to add them in amongst 1237547651 lines of codes that have no annotation and look less like code and more like equations of motion for every asteroid in the solar system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Sarah I have already revised the suggestion due to your first comment. You don't get Balanced Furies and MTK drops from random mobs. Which is why I have changed the suggestion that it'll apply only for BFs and MTKs.

14. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I'm aware that they don't have access to the main source, but I still have SOME background in Maplestory development and I'm telling you that it is very likely to be possible to be made quite easily. Regardless if the administration would believe it worth adding but isn't high priority they will simply code it whenever they'll have time and not push it.
    I'm not asking if it's hard to code or not, I'm asking if you find it useful for NLs/Corsairs or not.

15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion, not sure why people oppose the idea itself.

The fact that it might be hard to code is a non issue for us and is up to staff to decide if it's too much effort or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Depends on the details. If every star and bullet is included then I rate it a -0.5/100 on the harmful-/+helpful scale, because you're stopping people from getting a tiny bit of money from NPCing the tolbis they get from GS2. If it's limited to BF/MTK/APB then there shouldn't be anyone that's actually actively bothered by it, and I'll raise the rating to a 0.0000001/100.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Good, so you do agree that it is useful to some degree. I believe the reason you don't understand the peace of mind it'll give players who play these classes is that you (probably) don't play NL/Sair.

18. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:53 AM
    Would be nice, but probably non-trivial to implement.

Worth noting, though, that there are a few protections in place already:
    Recharge is a single click, not a double click
    Recharge has a different text box, so you can be careful and make sure to read it before clicking ok
    Double clicking on the recharge button doesn't attempt to sell the set. The first click brings up the recharge text box and prevents you from clicking on the shop menu.

In order to accidentally sell, you'd need to miss the recharge button, double click instead of single click AND fail to read the text box. It's plausible, but not likely.

The major downside would be that my buttocks would be severely less toned without all the anxiety induced clenching I've been getting in since upgrading to BFs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:53 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd prefer a buyback system over this but I guess that's more work and possibly exploitable.

Since funny react is no more I don't see any downsides to not adding this. Except for making assassin mains suffer which is always warranted imo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    delete night lords off the server problem solved :D

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1