1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Tune GACHA'S

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Stas., Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    3:56 PM
    Hello.
    There is no reason for the shrine gacha (never tired others)
    To give 80% of the times a elixer/power elixer/pupkin pie
    im so close to giving up on gacha , for me its like "oh well more pots"

that's getting ridiculous , i get the idea of making it hard , but for god sake over 20m nx into gacha by the entire playerbase and i saw only 1-2pacs and 2-3bwg , no white scrolls or chaos.

You guys disable MTS/Gift's and made the useble CS gach cost x3 more aka vip rocks.
    We got nothing else to do with our nx insted getting clothes.
    Rest nx just goes to gacha that gives you pretty much nothing.

Please UNDERSTAND , if the rates be same as now , on future people OVER PRICE all the pac/bwg/chaos/ws (lucky 1 in a million)
    Like maniacs and it will ruin the enitre server economy , while other scrolls will cost no money

*im clrealy tired from thoes nx base suggestion , because im sure nothing will be made , and people will not support it because they fan-boys of the staff choice or they just dont see whats coming on future.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    7:56 AM
    Paladin
    Well, I think it's fine. I've been getting pretty okay stuff. You probably just have bad luck at gach. Don't forget it's a new server too. So of course rare equips are going to be rare in the FM.

I agree on the chaos/white scrolls, though. I don't think anyone has gotten one yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:56 PM
    Moderator Post
    I will talk about Chaos/White since I didn't saw a single one either. The pots will stay because I don't want the economy ruined by Gach.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    I didnt ask them to be removed , but for real they ram the gacha ,i gached on gms , i ended most of time with shit but i could make tiny profit , not pots

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  5. Maddy

Maddy Slime

Dec 23, 2014
    10:56 PM
    Just gonna leave this here... OnionRay
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    Oh wow. Never noticed that in your shop. And I was there 30 minutes ago.

also 20k for warrior elixirs smh

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maddy

Maddy Slime

Dec 23, 2014
    It ain't even my shop! OnionBlush

8. Nice

Nice Slime

Apr 19, 2015
    Life
    Assassin
    also saw a whitescroll in fm today but ye only 1 chaos and 1 white

is it also possible to make all gachapons more equal?
    Right now people only gachapon at iether nlc or shrine... cause the other gachapons just don't give items with equal value

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    5:56 AM
    NSFW
    People don't show off everything that they get.
    No idea what you're trying to say, but vip rocks are more expensive to deter people from using it. In GMS you needed to pay money for NX, so even though the vip rocks were cheap they were seen as wasteful. Here, they are more expensive so they are seen as just as wasteful.
    Which is exactly why it shouldn't be changed. All anyone spends NX on is gacha, therefore gacha should give items more rare in order to keep the economy healthy.
    That won't happen because there are more people getting items from gachapon. You need to remember that in order for items to be overpriced, there needs to be a base of players who are willing to spend that price. That will never happen because players can get the items by themselves from gacha.
    That isn't how economics work.
    Nine unlucky tickets don't prove your point.

What you need to understand is that a healthy economy takes time. The server hasn't even been online one month, and yet you complain that prices are wonky? Of course that's what's going to happen. The beginnings of an economy like this rely on guesswork of the sellers for setting prices, and guesswork of the buyers for deciding what they are willing to pay.

The hyperinflation of things such as chaos scrolls and white scrolls simply will not happen, because as soon as another one pops into existence the value will fall, and nobody is going to be willing to pay something like 500,000,000 for a single chaos scroll. This is simply not how economics work.

If you like being spoonfed so much, you should go play Extalia.

• Like Like x 2
  10. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Just going to go out there and say please do not increase the chance to get white scrolls. They are the most OP item in the game. Having enough of them to perfect gears is what breaks this game. You're not supposed to be able to create perfect gear.

That said, I would accept a deviation from GMS in making the gachas more balanced. I think it's pretty silly that Mush Shrine and NLC are basically the only two worth doing. I would separate some prizes out elsewhere. That said, also L>list of what all gachas give. :p

Getting mostly garbage is something that I think is fine though. That's how gacha is supposed to be. It's also essentially our only translation of regular vote NX into mesos - discouraging sitting on voting to make 'afk' gains. You already get somewhat of a boost which is awesome, but not too much.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    8:56 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I will admit that I get frustrated when I drop 11 tickets and get garbage but such is life.

I'm am avidd gambler, and I'm used to it, its the nature of the game.

If you increase the gach rates, the economy will be flooded with the same items making them much less valuable. When I hit a big ticket item in Gach I'm excited because I know there's not many on the market and I'm gonna make a killing selling it.

Though I do vote for spreading stuff out to other gachs. Sometimes I will blow 10k in Kerning just for a chance to get a GFA when everything else is garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    im glad people atleast giving a voice.
    Sry NSFW i forgot to mention for u to comment this time , its easy for u because u not really play serious thr server

13. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:56 PM
    For me I never gach with anything less that 35 tickets at one go, and 35 times is enough for me to get some decent scrolls each time. I haven't gotten BWG/PAC/WS/Chaos yet but I still get to make money. Kinda agree with thetavi that White Scrolls should be rare, so we don't end up with perfect items everywhere. If our player base keeps increasing, we'll see more of these items soon I guess.

Also GMS gach at one point didn't have pots I believe, but then again people paid actual money for NX so giving them pots might discourage them from spending more money.

Spreading out the big items overall the gach is a decent deviation from GMS, although shrine may still retain a slight edge thanks to the other dark scrolls, but at least the other gachas won't be neglected by everyone.

14. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    8:56 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Also Shrine is accessible for anywhere. Would be cool to have better stuff in Vic so people have to make the trip.

• Like Like x 3
  15. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    IMO the biggest issue with gach is that most towns are absolute shit. Look in the FM. I have yet to see a bottomwear DEX/eye acc/top wear 60% scroll, because all anyone does is go to Shrine. The gachapon there is ridiculously overpowered (or more accurately, the other gachapons are ridiculously underpowered). No one gaches at Nautilus/Perion/Ellinia/Kerning/Sleepywood/Showa/Singapore. I wouldn't really suggest nerfing Shrine (or especially NLC, 1.5m on 35 tix doesn't seem OP), but perhaps buff the others a bit so they stand a fighting chance.

• Like Like x 9
  16. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    not gonna lie
    i didn't know there was a gach in nautilus until i read your post

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kermit

Kermit Red Snail

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Kermit
    Assassin
    I'm quite happy with the way gacha is, with 120 people online minimum at any time to me it's a requirement that the chance for a rare item should be extremely unlikely; at least 1 in 100. I agree with Davids post, every town gacha should have at-least one reason for people to go to it. e.g. nlc specs; hene ws, shrine chaos. This would encourage others to branch out a bit from mushroom shrine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:56 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I am in the camp that white scrolls and chaos scrolls should remain very, incredibly rare.

19. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    After its proven to me that white/chaos scrolls *do* drop I have no thoughts anymore to change their rates.

So I'll reject this for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.