1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zakum Jump Quest

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by damon182, Nov 17, 2021.

1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:04 AM
    iPippy
    Next thing you know, we'll have people complaining about being fully unable to train for whatever reason, and likewise have others offering leveling services to skip more game content.

Jokes aside, the JQ isn't easy as a first-timer. The people who say it is easy have also been able to do it many times. I think it's an easy JQ now, but also remember having to spend a day on it back in gms as a kid, mostly staying calm. Keep at it; don't let the JQ win. But I don't think I'd agree with removing the platforming in a 2-D platformer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    When I attempted zjq I was using that video and had some friends coaching me through via discord at points. And it still took me 6 hours to get half way THROUGH THE FIRST MAP. I know its not a hard jump quest; but I suck at all jump quests.

3. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I don't think it should be removed either. It's just a suggestion to add an extreme alternative for people who have spent an entire day already and can't even get past the first map. Or it could just be 100m to buy the skill book from the dude in front of the zakum cave idc.

4. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    3:04 PM
    Maybe try practicing for 1-2 hours each day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    9:04 PM
    Magician
    I think I took a total of 2 days of on/off playing to finally get the JQ done on my first try. Takes patience of course but I understand if people aren't that patient, it will pay off though. Maybe I'm a masochist but i do enjoy doing JQs. Here's a few suggestions I hope helps.

1. Take breaks
    Sometimes its frustrating or tiring to sit and try for hours straight, will definitely affect how far u can go. Just go do something else or go down for a walk and come back and try again later.

2. Log off and on if ure running out of potions
    Yep, I think my buddy list and guild was tired of saying "wbb!!" whenever I logged on during the Zak JQ, but it helps alleviate the anxiety of watching your potion count drop and drop

3. Take it slow
    Linked to my first point but don't rush through it, because make the slightest mistake and ure swimming in lava. Even if u did the past 3/4 of the first stage for the past 8 hours, its not worth it to make a careless mistake and have to restart.

Paying 100mil just to skip the JQ is not worth it, save your money to get something better. Anyways, even if your idea does get accepted, its probably not going to be implemented for a long time so ure better off finishing the JQ however long it takes. Hopefully you succeed soon, all the best :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i managed to complete the 2nd jq in 30 minute, but imo i could see why this is suggestion is made.

here's the question for those against this suggestion: whats wrong with having an in-game 100m skip, in context of the server's general health. saying that he is not playing the game 'has it should have been played' is honestly a very bad argument, when u considered the facts on how many 200+ int lords are just sitting their ass on a chair and having leechers leeching them, entirely skipping the 1st-3rd job experience

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    It seems that the general sentiment so far is: "if I could do it and you can't get fuked m8". So your support is very much appreciated. I also agree with you on the 'how the game should be played' argument; but not considering the main way any game should be played is 'within the rules of the game'. There's 'outsourcing options' for basically every every aspect of this game that are completely within the rules for things that are 100% OPTIONAL: such as leeching, helm services, htp services, 100% mastery book services. The one exception is ZJQ where you either do it yourself or break the game's rules.

8. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    It is a shortcut in definition regardless

What's wrong with having shortcut ? Nothing but it can open up a can of worms.
    Eg: Can we pay to skip Orbis/Ludi/Ariant/Mulung/Leafre/ToT/NLC , Dumb Ship/Train/Genie/Crane/Bird/Dragon/Subway etc..
    They're waste of time

I just feel that you could've put more thought into it , just saying the pros and cons without anything to back it up.
    Also I don't think anyone here is thinking "if I could do it and you can't get fuked m8" or even come close to it.

You have a compelling reason , Skillbook locked behind a boss that require a JQ
    Instead of saying "thank you for your support" because those mean nothing to staff & staff don't care about disagree/agree ratio either , you can come up with more idea and how each idea will benefit the game/player.

Just my thought. (Ferlucio is meanie)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    Firstly any boat/ship from place to place doesn't lock people out of certain classes and literally remove them from certain content. it is a fixed time, unlike ZJQ.

As far as people not having the sentiment you quoted from me, have you read the replies??? A GM posted a video and basically said IDK what your problems are if you follow this. IM TRASH AT JQS SORRY. I just don't think a JQ should exclude people from a class.

I said thank you for the support because so far it's been like 3 people who have said my idea is even remotely reasonable. How it benefits the player/game YOU DONT HAVE TO BREAK THE GAME"S RULES TO PLAY.

Edit: is it actually a shortcut if making 100M takes longer than the average person can complete the JQ, or is it just and alternative??

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    It is for the ultra rich. But even then I'm sure they are skilled enough to clear the JQ with little difficulty

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Just saying, you can always use NX to pay for it. Whether you feel justified or not is a different topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    At the end of the day Ferlucio's a human. He's not here to show compassion or sympathy but to review the suggestion & give his thought.
    The staff collectively make the final decision

You can improve on JQ like everyone else & you only need to complete it once compare to travelling between the town I mention.
    The time is fixed but they adds up & they affect everyone. They're similar in the sense that they're taking your precious time & patience.
    You said your skill is locked behind ZJQ but is it not doable if u invest time into it ? It doesn't require RNG
    Have nobody ever think about how much time they spent waiting for ship/boat/train etc in their entire maple career ? You'll be shock if there's collected data

Like I say you can always improve on ur homework like adding F/P's Fire Demon , Bishop's Angel Ray skill. Think of more Pros & Cons & make it more compelling instead of being I'M TRASH AT JQ

Ok those are kinda trash example , HTPQ , Ressurection Maze Quest
    Sure you can pay for HTPQ service now but back in the day it's pretty much lock too

13. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    The reason you are getting the responses that you are getting is because it will take a whole group of staff members quite some hours to:
    1. review / evaluate the suggestion
    2. determine the right amount of mesos that should enable skipping the JQ
    3. code the changes
    4. test the implementation to make sure there are no bugs/glitches/loopholes
    Thus requiring a lot of effort from a group of staff members who already have a lot of stuff on their plates.

Now, in my opinion you are very quick to give up and ask others to "fix your problem for you". Have you tried spending 2+ hours a day on it for a month? Just practice. There have been thousands and thousands of players on this server who have completed the zakum jump quest, in more or less time. In maple history there have been many many more.
    You are not locked out of anything here, you are just not willing to put in the effort that it will take for you as an individual to complete it.

You said it took you 6 hours to get halfway through stage 1. Thats 25% of the way done already. Say that you do not improve whatsoever (which is unlikely as it is just a skill that can be trained), and we assume a linear progression rate, it would take you 24 hours in total to finish. Not so bad really.

Now you will most likely just take this as another "if I could do it and you can't get fuked m8" comment, but I struggled a lot in ZJQ the first time I did it. It took me several days before finishing, you just have to keep trying.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You could've beat the JQ in the time this thread has been alive, even at your mentioned pace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Idk, if you willing to pay 100m to skip it......
    You maybe can pay for someone with a shad mule or two and smoking you all the way lol?

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    will that be enuff tho? KEKW

17. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    10:04 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    6:04 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    for reference...

my first zakum jump quest i ever did in my whole life... i did it on my Perma Beginner.

took me 2-3 IRL days worth of hours total... i used about +1,500 white pill potions just spamming heal.

i'd totally do more jump quests. they're fun and should be kept, with no way around it LOL

easy peasy.

10/10/20-11/22/20, only about a month worth of no leech grinding and farming.
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I feel like more people should be made aware of the fact that you can relog as soon as you fall to save pots.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't ruin a good meso sink thx.

• Friendly Friendly x 3