1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

OPQ

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Plaudible, May 3, 2015.

1. Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    7:38 AM
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    As it stands, OPQ is not worth doing because of how bad the EXP is. LMPQ is almost twice as fast. Anyone else think OPQ should get a buff? The EXP per stage clear is really sub-par, it would be a PQ worth doing if it was doubled or tripled IMO. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    6:38 AM
    I concur, I would really like to see a buff to OPQ to match LMPQ. Even with a "nerf" to LMPQ, OPQ will still be terrible EXP-wise and inconvenient.

I also wonder if [​IMG] Altair Earrings exist in this version? If there's no plans to implement Elin PQ, which I believe is where they come from, I think they would make more sense as an OPQ reward.

As it stands, the current reward from OPQ is worthless. 1 attack on a glove isn't worth the price of having it be untradeable, and the Brown Work Gloves far outclass it anyway. By comparison, Ludi PQ gives the only eye accessory in the game that provides STR/LUK. The Altair Earrings are almost perfectly analogous to this, being the only ear accessory to provide STR/LUK.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, the glove reward is just rubbish. 1 bwg = 2 chances to scroll gfa or gfma on it, which, if they succeed, would far outclass the gloves. And a ywg with at least 1 int is straight up better.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:38 PM
    OPQ is still needed for some questlines thought (the diary page thingy I think) so it isn't entirely useless. I'd rather not introduce another PQ's reward here, but I know in later versions OPQ also gave a shoe with 1 wa/ma or something as well. Now that might entice people to do more OPQ.

5. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    That would indeed be worth it, but I think that is from a much later version.

People do quests? lol. Nah I know which one you're talking about, but eh... is that really enough appeal?

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That diary quest isn't worth it either imo. got to clog up your etc space with 10 pages of a diary, and after the numerous OPQ runs, your reward is just a random 10% or 60% scroll...

It honestly wouldn't be so hard if not for limited inventory space and the fact that from my experience the majority of people are also not interested in the quest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    9:38 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    1 wa/ma shoes sounds too OP for a PQ reward. Especially since facestompers aren't available yet.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Talk about putting the OP in OPQ.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    1 watk isn't TOO bad... I really think a physical attacker is better off with scrolled snowshoes that add lots of DEX or something instead.

And as for the 1 matk, that's barely anything. Take any mage shoe that gives +1 int or more and we already have a superior item for magic classes. For instance squishy shoes gives +1 to all stats... So a better option for lukless mages is already available at lv 25.

10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:38 PM
    1wa can be chaosed though. But the shoe is untradable, and maybe we could remove the upgrade slots for it?

11. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    If it had no upgrade slots I think it'd be a good idea. Something that could be outclassed with a well-scrolled mainstat shoe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Well, the problem is with NO upgrade slots, a 1 watk shoe isn't good enough IMO. But with upgrade slots, it's too good. It's just because the scaling with weapon attack is insane.

Another option is you could put in a ring as the reward for OPQ. With no slots, they're not OP, but you have no replacement for them since there are no other rings you can equip. Makes it worthwhile to the hardcore minmaxers, but for people who aren't bothered missing +1 all stats, they can just move on and grind.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    bring back glitched opq

seriously though i'm all for an opq buff. super fun pq, super shit rewards

14. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    OPQ currently gives 146k per run (presumably about 30-45 mins). Not sure if I would be willing to do an EXP boast but what would people think about adding in additional rewards from later OPQ?

http://global.hidden-street.net/eq/shoes/goddess-shoes
    +1 ALL, +5 Speed/Jump

http://global.hidden-street.net/eq/gloves/minervas-bracelet
    +1 W/M ATK, +120 ACC

http://global.hidden-street.net/eq/shoes/minervas-shoes
    +3 ALL, +5 Speed/Jump

This is the reward cost from post bb:
    Goddess Wristband: 15 Feather of Goddess
    Goddess Shoes: 10 Feather of Goddess
    Minerva's Bracelet: 30 Feather of Goddess and 1 Goddess Wristband
    Minerva's Shoes: 20 Feather of Goddess and 1 Goddess Shoes

Since the current Goddess Wristband costs 40 Feathers (runs), I think something like this might be fair (not too easy; not too hard). Accuracy on that glove would probably need a slight nerf though :p

Goddess Wristband: 20
    Goddess Shoes: 20
    Minerva's Bracelet: 30 + Wristband
    Minerva's Shoes: 30 + Shoes

• Like Like x 2
  15. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Even after the nerf, LMPQ still gives 20k EXP in 2 or 3 minutes. At worst, you'd be getting around 200k in 30 minutes from LMPQ in comparison to the 146k from OPQ. Plus, OPQ is actually hard and LMPQ is incredibly easy to put together. Just for comparison~

I would be okay with those items for the buff, but I would prefer my previous suggestion, since +1 ALL shoes already come from KPQ.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Orange Mushroom

Mar 22, 2015
    Male
    Nostalgia
    Crossbowman

Def. add, this I did one OPQ today and it was a total pain to get people this would make people want to do it more. But I would suggest a bit of an exp boost too it took us 55min just for 146k exp...

17. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    How much extra EXP would be recommended. If any EXP bonus is added, it would be added at the very end (upon completion) as opposed to distributed evenly across the stages due to the fact that certain stages can be rushed.

18. bizqnation

bizqnation Orange Mushroom

May 20, 2015
    Male
    Lima, PerĂº
    8:38 AM
    Python
    Bandit
    Horizon
    10/10 would do

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    a glove with +120 acc? FoxF5

Surely this must be a mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  20. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I think doubling it would be fine. 146k * 2 = 292k EXP instead. So the comparison is around 200k or so EXP in 30 minutes from consistent LMPQing or 292k from a fairly quick OPQ. I think the higher EXP is fair considering it takes a full party of 6 and a time commitment to complete it. However, you could call it my "bias" towards PQs which are more interesting. :p

If worthy items are being added it doesn't need to be so extreme, but a slight buff to match up with the around 200k/30 minutes from LMPQ would be nice.

• Like Like x 2