1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Purpose for GPQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lv1crook, Feb 13, 2022.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    2:41 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    So I was chatting with some buds today and we got to talking about how bad GPQ is. I think it would be good for the server if it was buffed into being viable content especially since summoning sacks aren’t in the PQ now. So I have some suggestions.

1. Buff Ergoth’s EXP. So his exp is actually comparable in exp:hp ratio to other bosses of his level range. He gets a little less than 1:10, which is around the norm for pap and rav. But there’s also the statues with around 1m HP each, and they all give 0 exp. My suggestion is to give the statues each exp at 1:10 exp:hp ratio, to make the boss more comparable to other bosses of his level range. Additionally, I think ergoth himself should receive an additional exp buff to compensate for the time spent doing the rest of the PQ. So all in all, I am thinking:

Knight statue A: 90k base exp
    Knight statue B: 90k base exp
    Lion statue A: 100k base exp
    Lion statue B: 100k base exp
    Ergoth: 400k base exp for PQ labor

Guild members at level 95 can gain exp from the statues as compensation for their participation in the PQ, and level 110 guild members would gain the full exp from killing Ergoth and the statues.

2. Mastery books aren’t really worth as much as they used to be. Which is why I think the equips in the drop table of other bosses should be added to increase the meso reward. (Maybe coin pouches too if they aren’t already dropped by Ergoth).

That’s all.

#MakePQsGreatAgain

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. darkcookie

darkcookie Mano

May 25, 2021
    Dark Knight
    I'm disappointed. I came here intending to flame you, but this is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    6:41 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    Yea, gpq definitely feels like it needs a buff, especially after black sacks were removed which was the main reason why some people did it. Would be nice to also have 500 and 750 nx coupons dropping from the bonus stage boxes; they now drop from mobs which make it easy for mages, adding them to gpq would give bossing classes a more efficient way to farm nx so they're not left out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Wouldn't be opposed to a drop table with mainly lv70-90 armor equips with white nescheres and concertos as the prized drops, as these weapons still need some serious drop table love.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i dont know about how to give a suggestion, but boss more hp/exp/stronger/etc is nice, rework the reward for bonus too, also it can be
    lacked for x times in a day

6. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I’d just like to add, one other change I think would be sensible for GPQ is to make Ergoth holy weak.

Currently he is holy strong for some reason despite being undead? He is resistant to all other elements, so at the very least he should be holy neutral, not holy strong…

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    5:41 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    White Nescheres especially, they got a crazy drop table.

8. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Shameless bump because someone necroed another GPQ thread today
    FoxNinja

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Honestly looking back at this thread, 800k exp total might be too low, considering ravana which is basically a punching bag that can be consistently cleared quickly gives almost double that at 1.5 million base exp. According to Soblets journal, when they ran solo GPQ it would always take at least 20 minutes to clear.

With this in consideration, I’m wondering whether or not it would be reasonable to double, triple, or even quadruple the base exp amount I listed originally.

Thoughts?

10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    5:41 PM
    Beginner
    GPQ was never intended to be solo-ed/ duo-ed but rather 6 man minimum and usually net approx 12-13mins per run. I don't mind the exp bump (2x and more buff is too much imo) but it wouldn't allign to the game design or hp to exp ratio. With Ergoth HP and Statues do not come anywhere close to Ravana. Rather than looking at the exp, I would much prefer drop changes and rates than exp for GPQ.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/gpq-and-its-importance.5432/

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I also think a drop table buff is in order, but it is not sustainable as the sole reason to run GPQ. In a run of 3-5 people using mules, the splits are going to run very thin. Not to mention if GPQ is to ever become as popular as Ravana or Papulatus are, any value gained from their drops outside of raw NPC meso would be reduced to pennies due to oversupply.

Still, you could be right that is would be too much to increase it so drastically. I’m just afraid it would not be enough to incentivize people to play it even with the originally suggested changes.

12. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Unique drops and bonus stage drops? Like maybe some crafting materials or a unique equip that could be a justifiable replacement/alternative to another equip. Shoes maybe? Specific Elemental resistance shoes? Idk I'm just spitballing here.

Perhaps even promoting guild participation through a guild bonus, for every unique guild member that does GPQ(over the course of several runs), a daily bonus is applied to guild members. Or something along those lines, I don't know.

Perhaps it could be a low tier bonus? Maybe like a unique Echo or Maple Warrior buff. Each individual clear gives you a 1/30+ unique SP towards something. Nothing extremely fancy, it shouldn't be like 30% of your stats, I think 10% would be a bit too much too. But 5%? Maybe...

Or maybe rather than it be an overblown stat increase, it could be a bonus that applies an HP increase. Again nothing crazy. 30 or more unique SP to make 2k max. Bring us closer to that threshold but don't make it so people who can't or won't run GPQ feel like they're missing out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    a bit more exp, a bit better drops

• Like Like x 1