1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GPQ and its importance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xeosk, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Xeosk

Xeosk Slime

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    2:42 PM
    Vale
    Dragon Knight
    Alright idk if its just me, but i can't seem to find a lot of topics about GPQ on the forums. I find this to be a shame because I think GPQ is very important.

Here's why (feel free to just read the bold):

1. A goal for guilds to strive towards
    From what Ive seen this server has a lot of guilds, and I dont think im exaggerating when i say this, but 95% of the players are in some sort of guild . Only thing ATM for guilds to look forward to is to lvl up to 130+ and then ZAK. I mean really, im in my second guild now and ZAK is the only goal that there is to look forward to. GPQ will give newer guilds or lower level guilds a goal that is not far out of reach, while still being challenging. Of course stronger guilds will enjoy it too.

2. Something for guild members to do together.
    In GMS I remember loving GPQ the most because it was when me and my guildies could just get together and do this PQ. A PQ that was challenging, but also left room to be able to talk, laugh, and make jokes. A reason for all of us to hang out. You could argue that you can do those things at any time anyway, but GPQ is productive and it gives members initiative to come.

3. Competition
    GPQ at the end of every stage (and the completion of the PQ) awards you guild points. These points are recorded on the rock, and made visible for everyone to see. Even the guilds that can ZAK daily, can only do it twice (because you can only enter twice), after that there's just grinding, and making mesos. With GPQ guilds can compete against each other to be at the top of the ladder. In my opinion competition keeps people motivated, and a little competition is always fun =).

4. Roles
    One of the most important things for me from the old GMS days were roles. Every class had a part to play and thats exactly the case in GPQ.

In GPQ you need (credits to SpamHeal on Basil market):

1 One Junior Master/Master
    2 One thief with maxed haste and dark sight.
    3 One mage with level 17+ teleport.
    4 One character under level 30.
    5 One member that is a ranged character. (eg. Sin, Bowman, a 4th job mage with an ultimate works too)
    6 One filler
    Optional, but very helpful:
    1 A warrior with max HB. *An Attacker must have at least 2.5k hp w/o HB. With is 4k hp.
    2 A priest with max dispel.
    3 A chief bandit/shadower with ME (Meso Explosion).

5. Rewards
    Lets be honest aside from being number 1 on the ranks, people will want rewards, and thats what keeps us coming back to GPQ.

Here is a list of rewards that are worth something (im excluding the ones that are garbo):

black sac
    Overall Dex 60%
    Overall Int 60%
    Overall Luk 60%
    Cape Dex 60%
    Cape Luk 60%
    Earring Int 60%
    Shoe Jump 60%
    Shoe Speed 60%
    Glove Att 60%

Also ive read somewhere in version with 4th jobs, you can get job skills too (not sure about that).

This is a great way for players to make money, and help keep the market alive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think i pretty much covered what I wanted to say about GPQ. I thought it might be important to bring up because the things i see mentioned the most in the new updates is ToT and APQ, but I also think GPQ is very important too

2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    GPQ is something that has already been discussed multiple times (here, in-game, and in the chat box) and is in the works, iirc on the priority list its on the same ranking as APQ (which is high). Though idk how the priority list stands now as that was a while ago but our coder is situating into a new living space and job so patience is key.

3. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    I have been patiently waiting for GPQ for about 3 months now :)

*twitch*

• Like Like x 1
  4. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    12:42 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    I'm waiting for all the deaths those earrings cause. :>

5. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    seeing how 2 admins and 2 GM's read this thread and haven't replied should answer your question

I'm not gonna bash anyone in power but I think that answers your question , aswell as APQ for apples , it's been MONTHS since it's been brought up and I really dont foresee us getting either gpq or APQ or even ToT for atleast another 6 months ...

would be nice if we could get a timetable , so we can know SOMETHING but whatever

I guess "us getting it soon" is the answer

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:42 PM
    Moderator Post
    @zook@zook

Maybe I don't reply because I've already did in 3 different topics about the same thing.

If you want news, read Navi's update topic he made couple days ago.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    1:42 PM
    I felt a need to speak up since our developers seemed to be getting attacked here; they've always been working behind the scenes and believe me; they're at it constantly. Since the day I joined, I don't think I've seen a day where Kim has slacked off or any of the other staff for that matter.

Please trust me when I say that our administrators/developers are working dilligently and new content is going to be pushed out sooner or later. There's a reason that ETAs aren't given anymore and it's because there are more complaints with them than without.

Anyways OT, I would also like to see GPQ as well since it promotes some healthy competition and establishes more guild spirit.:p

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:42 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    You can also get Sight Tao's as rewards I think.

That alone makes me want this more :$

9. OP
    OP
    Xeosk

Xeosk Slime

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Vale
    Dragon Knight
    I would just like to add that im simply stating my opinions on the importance of GPQ, the staff has done, and has been doing a wonderful job in creating a server that I love, and come back to daily. My intention wasn't too rush or bash any of the staff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:42 AM
    NSFW
    never heard of it

11. Regie

Regie Orange Mushroom

Mar 15, 2015
    Clash City
    Diwa
    Dark Knight
    Aspect
    i want to make GPQ more active.
    my suggestion is to increase rewards.

add Shadow Claw 20? (only obtainable via hunting Brextons)
    add Taunt 20? (only abtainable via hunting red Wyverns/Griffey)
    add Sharp Eyes 20? (only obtainable via hunting Cold Sharks)
    add Sight Taos? (not sure if they actually already added it)
    add decent scrolls? (maybe some 30% INT scrolls or 30% Glove ATK)
    add Pouch 1or2? for Ergoth? (pouch 3 would be too much i believe)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    2:42 AM
    Beginner
    this is very much related to cwk crafting so i doubt it'll get added to gpq and it'd be pretty weird. Apart from that i second adding those SB's and it's been requested before somewhere but no action was taken. Pouch 2 would be too much for ergoth considering it's difficulty level, Pouch 1 (lower rate than rav) or even no Pouch would fit it i feel.

Sadly, with the addition of 24/7 nx drop ticket (used to be just event period), gone were the days of lpqing/gpqing daily for NX. Imo 24/7 NX drop tickets should be removed and only during event, slowing down the progress of an aging server and drives more reliance for HB inclusion. If removal doesn't happen, a buff in gpq/lpq nx drops should be fitting.
    Would be nice to see more 30s and gacha locked items added into HT too. good job!

Also here are some other SBs that are pretty rare mentioned here. I'd much prefer SBs added to bosses rather than gpq but if it isn't going to happen to bosses, gpq seems fine

• Like Like x 2
  13. Regie

Regie Orange Mushroom

Mar 15, 2015
    Clash City
    Diwa
    Dark Knight
    Aspect
    Maybe no pouch if they added the SBs. it makes those who are in need ask their guild for help instead of just hunting all alone and solo.
    makes the game even more nostalgic by reaching out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    There are other factors to take into account besides the difficulty level. Ergoth himself is easier than Ravana, but the time taken and number of players required is much more.

A Ravana run normally takes anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes, while a GPQ run takes at least 15 minutes minimally (typically over 25 minutes). This means less Pouches gained per day.
    A Ravana run can be cheesed with damage since Ravana almost never attacks if you do it right, while a GPQ run takes coordination and teamwork, and often you have to wait for other members doing the more difficult or time-consuming parts. This means it takes more work to attempt getting a Pouch.
    A Ravana run requires only 2 players, while a GPQ run requires 6 players with strict criteria. Since Pouch Coins are commonly split between players, this means less Coins per run since GPQ has more players.

That said, I'm not sure which Pouch or what drop rate is suitable. Just wanted to point out that it's not sufficient to only consider Ravana vs Ergoth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    true, but using ravana as one of the weakest boss out there seems more fitting since pouch was suggested. For a comparison on party members requirements is also not very suitable, since you would then also need to consider the bonus stage/ NX rewards where ravana doesn't have much. How then will you compare GPQ with bonus and Ravana with no bonus? There is no proper comparison for bosses vs PQs, hence using one of the lowest bosses out there when pouch is being brought up, is somewhat suitable. Similar to why u don't see pouches dropping from cwkpq, cwkpq would've been a good comparison for gpq if no pouches were suggested. Hence, on my weightage, i gave more importance for bonus compared to boss drop for GPQ and since PQs usually have higher importance (aligning to the game design) for their Bonuses instead of boss drops, hence the pouch 1 and lower droprate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:42 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    sorry for bump an old thread, but anyone can list what is the current drops from bonus stg?

17. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Taunt 30 and Ninja Storm 30 SlimeSweat2

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male