1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow Web doesn't work

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by 0000, Jan 21, 2022.

1. 0000

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    7:52 AM
    Only shows animation of skill but it doesn't do anything to some mobs

Apparently it works sometimes on some mobs but its definitely not 42% success rate at level 1

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    4:52 AM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    max shadow web gang rise up

[​IMG]

it does work on some monsters sometimes (usually ≈2% success rate or so) but on most monsters the success rate appears to be 0%

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    12:52 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    The hit box is above you. Try casting it under a mob

• Like Like x 1
  4. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    I am wondering why this post sunk so low, so decided to add some more detail. MapleF2

Shadow Web's hitbox is clearly pretty fudged and should be fixed. It seems to either hit enemies above the player, or directly on top of them. This may in part be the cause of the apparently low success rate of Shadow Web. Even when I try to visualize this hitbox, I still am getting a success rate lower than 42% at level 1 in the skill. On top of this, I cannot tell if the skill actually targets 6 enemies, because it seems to always affect between 0-2 enemies (usually 0). Something is really off here.

ngrman's bug report thread from December 2020 (which sadly never got an official response either) has some videos showing the current Shadow Web, and the "sephi2112 - Proper usage of Shadow Web" video appears to show a functioning Shadow Web from some version of Maple 13 years ago. You can clearly see a much larger range for the skill, and it affects enemies directly in front of the player. I suggest that Shadow Web have its horizontal range expanded (or that assassins be allowed to throw stars up vertically to match the current Shadow Web MapleF17 jk jk). I can't tell what the original hitbox for the skill looks like, but it should probably have some amount of vertical range, with a much larger horizontal range. The success rate may also be incorrect and need adjusting.

Old Shadow Web bug report:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/shadow-web-bug.35770/

Please fix this, some of us really want to use this skill; it's got a lot of potential. Not only is it a cool utility skill for the extinct grindhermit, but oddjob hermits could use the skill for actual training well into 4th job. It does not JUST hold enemies; it does damage over time (or at least it's supposed to; hard to tell with level 1 Shadow Web)! It would be useful at Magatia PQ for protecting Romeo & Juliet as well! Sure it may be only a small percentage of ML's population that want to use it, but until Shadow Web is fixed it's a false claim that "All skills (attacks and buffs) work" on ML.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    12:52 PM
    Beginner
    can confirm that shadow web proc rate/ aoe/ and doesnt work on some mobs and esp in mini boss maps (kents in grif or manon for example) doesnt work and is bugged as compared to vanilla. This skill is important for those whom grind, especially skele like back in the days when handling multiple spawns. I've grinded on a 1x 3rd job server and this skill was well utilized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:52 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  7. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    6:52 AM
    Moderator Post
    Turns out this skill wasn't being correctly handled by the server.
    It will get fixed in the coming patch.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:52 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Does it not cost mp to cast shadow web?

10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    It does, although I've been testing other things and forgot to reenable skill costs for this particular clip, sorry about that!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Ook I noticed you didn't lose hp from taking damage but did lose mp from flash jump so it was a bit weird. Good stuff^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    7:52 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    YOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

13. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    shadow-web-is-fixed.png

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    12:52 AM
    iPippy
    Night Lord buffs?? :confused:

(Jk good work)

15. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Just in case anyone who sees this thread is wondering what SW might be useful for, I recorded a clip of me training on my daggermit alces at CDs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5CmFoRtfM

Before the patch fixed SW, there was really no way for me to reasonably train with my friends at CDs on this char — it was basically KMs or bust. But this new ability gives a lot more flexibility, and a new nifty source of damage ^^

• Great Work Great Work x 4