1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allowing Meso bought Charms, Owl, Mega and others

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thuglifer, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    1:07 PM
    Beginner
    I don't really like the idea of voting on mules and to use them for uses such as owl, mega and others (teleport rocks) that economically benefit us in various ways. Retaining fresh cosmetics fashion and AP resets as per usual would more than sustain our reason to vote, i feel it'd be somewhat fine to change things up a little and possibly turn this into a passive meso sink as most of these items are used on a daily basis.
    I'm not sure if we should change charm, pets and it's equipments into meso only, since they do in fact benefit us in various ways but it's a very sensitive topic for another day.

As for the meso values, I feel it'd be fine with a 1:1,000 nx to meso ratio (1 owl = 600 NX = 600,000 meso) but don't mind me, eventually the balance team would find a right value to assign. Also, at least now, when we get a mega item from gacha, the feeling wouldn't suck as much. Idk if it helps but this just might deincentivise fake owlrepos and mega crashes in boss runs.

Proposition:
    - Switch existing NX purchasable (owl, megas, teleport rocks) into meso only bought.
    - Reuse Cash shop option to purchase via Meso (i.e. rudolph horn etc) instead of NPC, alternatively could add these into Prestigious NPC with meso option instead of coins.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    10:07 PM
    hedgepig
    Priest
    As a relatively new player with lack of familiarity with prices these just seems incredibly disadvantageous to players like me that have spent all their time saving up for a couple dozens of millions of mesos. I'd much prefer to vote on mules to know what prices are.

As for smegas, that literally just means I'll never smega for people for pq (imagine paying a mil or a few hundred k to get people for a pq).

These "things that economically benefit us" actually benefit all players (and owls arguably disproportionately benefit new players who are learning) - a flat X meso tax on players seems regressive and inefficient compared to a tax that works on people with more mesos.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    It would effectively mean that all the wealth gets advertised and the poor have to just hope someome comes across whatever it is you want. It also would mean only the wealthy can search for items, teleport to players, needlessly chat with each other in global spam(I've never understood the appeal of a server-wide conversation that no one is contributing to, but I digress--people gonna do what people gonna do).

If it were in tandem with voting, maybe I could see its value, but I think better, more beneficial meso sink would be the better option to go with.

NX is free. The moment you put a price on it, everything becomes inadvertently tied to it.

If you spend 600k on an owl to find out your scroll is worth 300k in market right now, why bother? And just so we think critically about this: owlrepo is tied to user submissions, meaning owl searches = accuracy. If we tell people to stop using owls because they're too expensive to compete in the market, that just adds fuel to both fires. Owlrepo stops being used because it's unreliable, the rich can only afford owls.

The NX game is a lot of frontload with almost no backload. The moment you're done buying just the one more thing you want, you end up with a dragon's horde and no real incentive to use large sums of it unless you have another character.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:07 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i think it well structured is a good meso sink!

5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Event cosmetics last an entire year, and looks alot better than cash shop's offering.

What do I vote for after completely washing? ~4k NX transparant face + ~4k transparent cape + ~2k water of life + 6k HP auto pot + 6k MP auto pot = ~22k NX per 3 months which I can obtain in 4 days of voting.

Whats the incentive to vote now?

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:07 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Vip rocks and party bears OnionPerfect

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    right, vip rock is technically cheaper den buying a hog xDD

8. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I think many can in fact afford to use owl in meso form, as well as a scroll worth 300k is just one of many other scrolls. idk if it helps but this just might deincentivise fake owlrepos and mega crashes in boss runs

9. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    hedgepig
    Priest
    I actually make a significant amount of mesos by selling 1 mil scrolls and 300k scrolls. Honestly by gating owls behind mesos you're literally just hindering price discovery which in turn makes market manipulation of a small server even easier. I think this suggestion works better to make the rich richer, and not actually sink mesos (i mean the merchant players already know the prices...)

I don't think this suggestion is gonna make it in the server but if it somehow manages to i'd probably quit the game because playing it would be too much of a burden (as if i'm gonna browse the entire FM or harass buddies/guild members constantly for prices). Also it'd raise prices of random items since people wouldn't be bothered selling things for cheap without owl competition.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    time to actually start clicking stores instead of relying 100% on owl

11. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    hedgepig
    Priest
    I'm not sure what this has to do with your original suggestion as it has nothing to do with meso sinks. Honestly if you make mushroom game even harder to play in 2022 I just won't play it. I don't know about other people but there isn't any skill or fun involved in clicking on hundreds of stores and memorizing prices. Even a quad mager gets to see gach tickets on the ground. I'm willing to solve a bunch of captchas a day because i can do it on my phone and as mentioned by others the captchas/voting pushes this server to the top. Your meso solution actually has a high opportunity cost of reducing the number of votes people would give this server. To give example numbers (you can argue for more or less depending on circumstance but this is to show that this solution provides votes=mesos) 1 vote per 10 owls, and those 10 owls in your estimate would only delete 6 million mesos which i'm pretty sure is a trivial quantity. I don't know if it's worth it to effectively remove server votes to delete mesos from this server.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    1:07 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    There's a good reason no game maintains this kind of marketplace. It's dysfunctional and lends to terrible market behaviors and exploitation. Not to mention it's just really really time consuming and hinders players who don't enjoy playing the market game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Speaking of disappointing gach pulls, why not make megaphones tradeable? Imo they're not v2w.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    6:07 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Why not just make it another option to buy with meso, dont need to replace existing options.

Some people cant be arsed to multivote but make 6 archmages.
    Some cant be arsed to multiclient but make 6 votemules.

Adding a optional mesosink for convinience seems like a fine idea so long as its another option not the only one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Having 2 options would more than likely render meso option redundant.

16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i do agree it may be pointless, but it doesn't hurt to have it I guess (devs pls don't kill me :( )

17. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    you said it hinders price discovery, im telling you to stop being lazy and actually click stores and find out prices, owling itself is a premium item to shave time off gameplay

18. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    This is definitely from the perspective of someone who doesn't engage with the market much

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    I suggest to remove megaphones and tv messengers from gacha reward and replace them with owls and vip rocks. That would reward gaching players with smega, tv supermessenger, owls and VIP rock.
    Also seeing owl and VIP rock as event raffle reward would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Every modern mmo out there uses a market board search function. The concept was pretty well debunked over a decade ago. Mushroom game just has it for nostalgia and it's a good NX sink before/during/after all your APRs.

• Agree Agree x 2