1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: add Lunchbox 1-handed swords

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Jafel, May 11, 2015.

1. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:44 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Hello there,

I want to suggest making it possible to obtain the Lunchbox One-handed swords.

There are 4 swords: lvl20, lvl60, lvl90, lvl120. > This suggestion involves adding the lvl20, lvl60 and lvl90 swords.

They were obtainable (only 1 per character) during september 2008 which was during v 0.60. This means that by the time GMS was in v 0.62 Lunchboxes were a somewhat common sight and I believe they should be available in this server.

The Lunchbox offers a good alternative to the Stonetooth sword and actually makes it viable to go 1-handed sword instead of 2-handed sword as a warrior. This will result in more variety and a closer-to-GMS-like experience.

The way to obtain this lunchbox would have to be hard and only for the ones that are dedicated, but it should not ONLY be available to the absolute top.

I personally think that we should be able to obtain this either through a gachapon in a town that has mostly shit drops so only people who really want it would go for it, or if you make it part of an exchange quest.

The lunchbox is the only thing that will cause warriors to go 1-handed, because there really is not enough reason to do so at this moment. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    We could do like GMS and have this event during next septemper?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    9:44 PM
    u forgot to mention lunchbox is the most OP wep for hero

• Like Like x 2
  4. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    2:44 PM
    Weed
    Horizon
    Bad idea would ruin the game.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Lunchbox is probably an event item I never have plans to add, mostly because its like mentioned the most overpowered item for Heros. I have experienced the item in an other server and it totally breaks every single other weapon while its also one handed and max speed. Furthermore, Brandish later on from Hero have the same distance as well as 2 handed, so it further breaks the balance more.

Most likely rejected, but I keep the topic up for a short bit.

6. Durzo

Durzo Horny Mushroom

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Rome
    Phate, Durzo
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    I say it should be added, since it was there.

7. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    Good weapon for Pally's, but don't really want to see that monster of an item in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Ah, I see your point there. How about just add the lvl20/60/90 one? This way the lunchbox is an upgrade to the red katana, but does not totally obliterate any other weapon?

• Like Like x 6
  9. Crasade

Crasade Red Snail

May 11, 2015
    Crasade
    Thief
    Incorrect
    There's no reason to not add it. There is still Dragon Carabella which can have an even higher base ATT than the lunchbox. Even without the lunchbox 1h sword users are gonna outdps 2h sword ones ultimately.

10. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    11:44 AM
    Dragon Carabella attack speed is fast(4) Lunchbox attack speed is faster(5)?, it is a considerable difference. There's a reason why gMS removed all ways of obtaining it after the attendance event.

edit: there's actually a damage chart somewhere comparing dragon carabella 110 attack to lunchbox 109 attack

11. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Eurh, Carabella is fast (5) and lunchbox is Fast (4) (only speed 3 = faster)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    8:44 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    +1
    Add this in a one time event or something. If it was in GMS, i feel it should be here regardless of it being OP or not.

13. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    On the fence on this one... On the one hand (hue), the classes that use this item are underpowered. But on the other, it pretty well forces your build and kills the diversity of the class. I also really dislike events giving best in slot items. It's bad enough with Ludi PQ and Broken Glasses.

14. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    8:44 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I'm pretty sure they were only available via an event / event quest.

*Edit*
    Quest Name - Attendance Sheet 2
    Started - Sep 11, 2008
    Ended - Sep 25, 2008 - Exactly two weeks.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  15. Crasade

Crasade Red Snail

May 11, 2015
    Crasade
    Thief
    Incorrect
    No it's not significantly better; especially not on BF, HT, etc. where you get knock backed alot or other facing circumstances. Like I said, there's no actual reason to not have it since IT IS NOT gamebreaking whatsoever. It might make a difference on a pure stationary boss that doesn't hit you at all (DPM).

16. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Power Stance

If you're getting hit at BF as a warrior, you're bad, lol.

It isn't gamebreaking because warriors are underpowered, but it does break diversity. It is far and away the best weapon in the game for Heroes and Paladins. It's not close with other weapons like Sky Skis are for Dark Knights.

17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It was in the game, and a huge part of v62 since the event had just ended, so I think it should be avaible.

But wait till septemper.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Wasn't the event a one time only thing?

19. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Make it as hard to get as sky skis are. I'd like to see it, I mean honestly why not just remove sky skis if you're not going to allow this item. @.@

20. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    The Sky Skis were a standard part of the game, not event only. Furthermore, they aren't as overpowered as people make them out to be. The Lunchbox, on the other hand, completely overpowers everything else. Their comparison is inaccurate.

• Like Like x 1