1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Fire Charge Not Applying to Attacks

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Blint, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Blint

Blint Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    1:06 PM
    Latrine
    Chief Bandit
    Beyond
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Fire charge's additional damage multipler no longer applies to my weapon attacks.
    What is supposed to happen?: As per skill description, I am supposed to deal 163% more damage.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I have noticed this bug initially at MPQ after levelling up and applying SP to fire charge, raising it from 15 to 18. Further testing shows this bug happens to all maps.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:06 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Have you restarted your PC entirely, not just the client?

3. OP
    OP
    Blint

Blint Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    Latrine
    Chief Bandit
    Beyond
    Thank you for reminding me to try restarting my computer. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked.

Interestingly it appears there's roughly an ~18% increase in damage. I ran two dpms for two minutes, one with fire charge and one without. Results below:

dps.png

Also confirmation that fire weak mobs get bonus damage:

MapleLegends 30-06-2022 20-13-42-min.png

So it seems the skill partially works.

I had a look at the white knights' original fire charge skill on ayumilove, and turns out that the unbuffed skill at lvl 18 is a 114% damage increase. Not sure how, but it seems as if the skill reverted to its unbuffed state?

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:06 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Ninja pally nerf

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Blint

Blint Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    Latrine
    Chief Bandit
    Beyond
    Update, I have levelled up, assigned 3 sp to fire charge to make it level 21, and now I no longer have the issue. Weird specific bug. My guesses on the issue:
    1. My individual files are messed.
    2. Level 18 fire charge is bugged, given original value for everyone.
    3. Individual tables per character level per skill? Issue with joins? When the skill got buffed one table didn't have one value updated? No idea on how Maplestory is structured internally. Was this issue noticed before? Couldn't find it on the forums.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1