1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician lukless weapons and equips

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by CDFA, May 19, 2015.

1. CDFA

CDFA Second Account/Banned

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:59 PM
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Hi everyone, sorry for the unexpected thread. There's just something I wanted to ask you about, because I have started a new magician character, his ign is kosem. And well, I was intending it to be lukless, or atleast really low luk, and I was wondering if it is worth going that path or it would be best to stay normal luk, and what kind of weapons would be available since we dont have maple weapons yet.

Well, first off, he's gonna be an I/L. I decided that, I really like that subclass and it will be really fun and easy leveling up. The Page idea was to be unique but it turned out that it is a really annoying class to level up with. So now that I'm going to give I/L a shot, I was wondering if I can be lukless or even low luk. Aside from being unable to get 4 on all stats except int(which was my aim for lukless path anyways), there is also no maple staffs or wands to use that doesnt require luk. But, I'm aware there are umbrellas and things that come out of Gacha or other places that may be a good option to use those. So what I was hoping is, if someone can tell me what kind of lukless weapons for magician are available, other than the maple weapons of course, because they arent available now. I know that some umbrellas are lukless, but I dont know which exactly, and if they are available or not. So if someone can tell me what lukless weapons are available, and also, if it is even worth being lukless or not, etc. I really am ignorant when it comes to magician, because it is not a class I really got experienced with. And if it is okay of me to ask too, if it is better off to max out Ice Strike first on 3rd job, or some other skill? Thanks, and I hope I'll get answers for everything I asked. :)

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:59 AM
    A common path is Wooden Wand (8) --> Nocturnal Staff (43/50 depending on whether you buy it or do the quest) --> Ele Wands (70) --> Ele Wands (130).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    2:59 PM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    CDFA

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the ele wands. They require 0 luk and are supposed to give elemental bonuses, eh? Can you tell me though,

1. Are ele wands available in this server? If yes, from where?
    2. Does the ele bonuses that the ele wands give work here? So say ,I am equipping the one with blue orb, my ice attacks will be stronger?
    3. what quest nocturnal staff is from?
    4. what equips can lukless mages wear other than bathrobes and such?
    5. can i reset my str/dex/luk to 4 using ap resets?

EDIT - Sorry if some of the questions sound stupid/noobish, I really am a noob when it comes to magicians, I really dunno how they work. Hope you can answer the questions though, thanks!

5. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1. Yes, from gach. Not too sure which specifically, but I think someone else can help with this.
    2. Yes the ele bonuses work. The blue orb gives +25% ice damage and +10% lightning, the yellow ones vice versa.
    3. Cleaning up the Streets, Req Level 50 from Lita Lawless in NLC. Note that the quest reward is dependent on job, only mages will get Nocturnal Staff so you have to do the quest on your mage.
    4. I don't think there's any other decent options other than bathrobes/saunas, but I think they are the best robes to wear since you can scroll the 10 slots for INT.
    5. Yes you can. You cannot, however, reset the stat you need to make the 1st job advancement below the 1st job reqirements (which is 20 INT for mages), though most people wouldn't think of doing this except thieves who might want to lower their dex below 25.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    CDFA

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Ok bro. Thanks, thats all I needed to know. Thanks very much! :)

7. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    I'd like to add that the quest for the Nocturnal isn't really that great. It requires a level 50 magician to complete, and takes a lot of your spare time.

I've personally grinded at (Master) Robo's and Cloud Foxes, I now have a Diao Chan Sword and a Yellow Umbrella, both give proper m.atk and are enough to pull a level 70 grind for the first elemental wands.

I've used this formula:

Wooden Wand > Green Paint Brush (req. 5 str) > Yellow Umbrella > Diao Chan Sword. > Elemental Wand > (Kebab?) > Elemental Wand (130).

8. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Ah paint brush and DCS, forgot about those. But they're not so easy to get, brush from gach showa, DCS can be hunted from cloud fox and maybe gach (not sure). But you do have a few options open now.

9. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Brush is from showa weapon dealer for 100k.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    oops i forgot, edited.

12. OP
    OP
    CDFA

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Brush sounds good, I'll go get one when I become 30. I'm looking to buy yellow umbrella too. About Diao chan, I hope I'll get that too, really dunno where that comes from, do you have a clue? maybe gacha if I recall correctly, so if I can get my hands on these weapons, then thats the cycle I'll go through till I hit 70 and use an elemental wand by then. :)

13. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    Cloud Fox dropped one for me.

14. OP
    OP
    CDFA

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    What, the Diao Chan? :)

15. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    diao chan drops from cloud fox
    or does cloud fox drop from diao chan?????
    nobody knows...

oh wait i know

diao fox drops from cloud chan