1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    12:42 PM
    I prefer how "An Empty House" was originally with the respawn rate for the Orange Mushroom. Although better yet it if it was truly empty with no mobs inside and transformed into just a cosmetic map that you can visit to hang out.

Getting to "Pig Park" could be connected via. "The Resting Spot, Pig Park", which you'd get to from going up the ladder at "HHGI". On the World Map, the yellow dots for "HHGII" and "HHGIII" could be replaced instead with "Pig Park I" and "Pig Park II".

Looking at the map layout for "HHGII" and "HHGIII", I think they look too plain. I think they could be maps that get used for a different purpose instead, say, for the Internet Cafe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:42 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Player-oriented blacklists should be allowed

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    In a sense, they kind of do

4. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Primary attack key should be on F for better ergonomics
    Space button is the only correct jump key
    NPC chat should be on Y (less controversial. This just lets you blaze through quest dialogue since it auto selects [Accept])

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    NPC chat on Y is how you accidentally crystal out of Horntail in the middle of a run JokerJoker

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:42 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    The two first ones were physically offputting but I'll give you the last one.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mott

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    you call it accidental, I call it the run is taking too long and I need to take care of my dogs OnionF3

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Let MottMott cook! I found that setup to be the easiest to produce consistent jumpcasts with or without sticky keys

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I can't speak for everyone since there's probably plenty of people who played MapleStory as their first game, but literally anyone else who played any other game ever first is probably going to prefer Spacebar jump

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mott

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    8:42 PM
    Corsair
    I'd only accept spacebar as jump if the movement keys were changed to wasd. Though it's just a preference thing for me. I play fighting games with arrow keys + ctrl alt shift and z now. MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    10:42 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Real world trade is bad

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Remove the Market buttom. It destroys the mapleworld.
    Increase spawn in Henesys Hunting Ground 1.
    Way more maps should not have Mapowner rules, people should play together and not be snowflakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    10:42 AM
    Beginner
    Imagine removing pet pot/loot and ruining afk bossing and micro-managing multiclients:drool:

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    5:42 AM
    Endorphins
    no. i dont.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    12:42 PM
    I am not a fan of using that entry point from Top of the Tree That Grew as a means to get to Sleepywood. I would rather see a return to Ellinia, by way of having magic somehow "protect" you, since bringing you back to town seems more "safe" to me.

17. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Reverse or in the least Timeless weapons should have guarenteed minimum stat levelups(1 att), and be a minimum of 3-5 base attack higher than NT due to the extremely high costs+untradeable status to acquire/scroll/level the items. People will never stray from NT because of the resale value, it still has its place. The rev/timeless equips should have a minimum of 1-2 stat level aswell. I crafted timeless shoes after booming 100's of mill just trying to get 1 30% to pass, and in the end 3/5 levels I gained no stats. The remaining 2 levels I got 3 stats total (1 str, 2 dex) but the shoes are now worthless (untradeable) and I have to continue crafting/booming these in hopes of a better result, eventually.

Timeless (weapons) itself is borderline unachievable (in my experience rn, unwashed BM first char) due to being unable to join cwkpq and the sad state of bossing right now. So everytime I blow up a timeless weapon it takes me months to save up for the next one. Not all of us are playing the game with a PB capable attacker or mage mass farming and/or selling leech. I don't see myself ever being capable of white scrolling a weapon in the games current state.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Never understood islanders asking for hand outs lol. Like wy? Leave the island, thats your choice+problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Out of curiosity, do you think every player should also have the opportunity to scroll Facestompers?

The fact of the matter is that the supply of extremely endgame equips gated by PB runs (Timeless Weapons, Facestompers) is low enough that no amount of changes can possibly give the average player access to these equips without drastically increasing the drop rate of both (and Rocks). Most players will never use either, and I think the majority of people find that acceptable, that there is a truly endgame equip that requires tons of hard work and dedication to achieve. For the average player, it's much more realistic to go for Dragon or NT equips. Do you think that's problematic, or do you think EVERYONE should have access to endgame gear without putting in the hours to get to that point?

20. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    THANK YOU, SOMEONE SAID IT.

Why the fuck are we hurting/punishing new characters by forcing them into challenges/bossing only with HB because of a system that existed years prior, that has zero effect on people who used that system? If I could wash a range to 20-25k+ within 4-8 months (of voting) it's something I might actually consider. 2-3 years of voting on a unusable character is absolutely ridiculous.

If the challenges release and require only unwashed characters participate that's also a slap in the face. Let the guys who worked hard to get 20k~HP enjoy the extra HP, at the same time if I reset the extra MP I have right now, I could be doing HT with HB, but I'm not going to do that with no word on how washed chars will be impacted by the challenges. I never added base int, so I only have 400-600HP to gain. Im not resetting it all back out because the staff decides to implement challenges in that manner. It'd be nice to hear a formal decision on this topic but the staff has been pretty quiet about details

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1