1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Dragon Roar require a fixed HP amount instead of HP %

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:57 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    How can you say "match roar drop rate to mage ult" when we don't know mage ult drop rate or what it affects? I was under the impression only NX, gacha, and event points had a drop rate nerf.

2. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:57 PM
    statistics. and gach give coins and meso.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    8:57 PM
  4. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:57 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Roar is gucci as it is. If I understand correctly you cannot make beginner DKs anymore…

Just take WS/CS away from gacha loot table and call it a day (easy do to) or make like x3 tiers of gacha tickets: common (dropped by mobs up to level 50), rare (mobs lvls50-100) and legendary (mobs lvls100+), and adjust the loot tables accordingly. For example only legendary tickets can award yellow-line items. All other items can be separated by level requirement to equip, such that we don’t get lvl 15 chars getting lvl 164 which is just weird ^^. At this point in time, a starting player can get a WS/CS and skip all content from lvl30-120 that staff worked so hard to implement on the server, which is a shame. Literally giving away what an end game “meso farmer” gets in idk 8+ hours of nonstop grinding because of killing a lvl8 slime and being “lucky”. Imo, gacha should be an incentive to actively play the game and give a reward for it, but the reward should not be game-changing as it currently is…

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Best approach for gacha IMO is decrease chance of scrolls, coins, and ws/cs from normal gacha, increase it for rare gacha, and make rare gacha tickets not drop whatsoever from problematic mobs/maps as well as popular spots like Ulu2.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:57 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Than we'll find another map, and that map will be added again, and repeat, repeat, finally will add every maps in ML.

7. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    There are outliers in terms of how strong a map is. For example, Goby had notoriously high drop rate in the past and Ulu maps are notorious for both raw meso output and EXP. The point is to nerf outliers, not completely stamp out Roar farming or something. I don't mind if people are farming like this and I think most people don't mind either as long as it isn't creating an inordinate amount of mesos and items via gachapon tickets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:57 PM
    Beginner
    If as per suggested above doesn't happen, alternatively, we could lower roar AOE hit range and/or hit count. They could put in more mules to fill up the map sure but this would drive for more effort via more clients clicks (from 4 to say 8) per respawn and exceed the party cap of 6 which would inversely irritate any sweeper mules. Another option could also require HB to be active as a req to cast roar but that'd be kinda weird fix imo.

Although i still believe prior suggestions of rng and hp threshold hold more effective measures.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1