1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New non-endgame content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alden, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Alden

Alden Slime

May 13, 2020
    Male
    2:22 PM
    Could we implement some new content such as the beloved Boss PQ / Boss Rush for non sweaty players that aren't strong enough for PB.

Currently, there is nothing else to do besides HT/CWK and 7f grinding at higher levels.

Hoping that we can get some additional party play going, even if it is custom content.

Suggestions:

1) As mentioned , Boss PQ

2) Lower level PQs that scale with level

3) LF> player inputs and feedbacks

PS: Get me outta cave plz.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:22 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    (Once again playing devil's advocate)

So a big issue for any type of content = incentives. The popular end-game content (I say end-game for anyone 135+), for example have the following incentives:
    • HT = best bossing EXP post 155 (all the way till 200, even with PB) AND alright meso making (used to be better, but it is what it is)
    • PB = best money making boss currently (because ppl want timeless weapons + MW30)
    • CWK = great bossing EXP post 135, and decent money maker with the bonus boxes at the end (not to mention the MoN drop)
    • 7F = best grinding EXP for non-mages
    There's a bunch of other content that people do, but not as frequently:
    • Jiaoceng (it's good exp, but not comparable to HT of course)
    • Krexel (it's good for the braindeadness)
    • Toad
    • All of Neo Tokyo
    • Road to Oblivion at ToT
    • Old favorites like Petris (wow I miss grinding there)
    So why are the things in the first list more popular than the second list? There's better incentives for it (aka being the "best" at something, or comparable to the best). With any new end-game content, you need to make the incentives GOOD or else it'll be dead content unfortunately :(
    1. Boss PQ was fun because you were working towards a certain goal, like collecting event points. Releasing it would need some sort of GOOD reward for people to repeatedly do.
    2. Scaling up other PQs, the only ones that I can think of are like HTPQ and/or the El Nath PQ. Adjusting their exp and making it repeatable might be decent (?). But to make it comparable to any 4th job alternative would mean you'd have to adjust the EXP by an incredible amount
      • There are some (non-v62) end-game PQs too, maybe like dragon rider PQ? But I have no clue about the practicability of bringing it into v62 and/or balancing (since I don't know anything about it)
    Just food for thought for those who want to talk about the suggestion~

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. OP
    OP
    Alden

Alden Slime

May 13, 2020
    Male
    Boss PQ rewards -> common gach / rare gach
    Scalable Ludi PQ / KPQ / EPQ with similar untradable rewards with minor buff to stats

The thing about off-content currently like:
    NT : Easily doable solo/duo attackers , and if you're not a ranged pepega , there is no reason to bring you unless for HB or you have a good r/s with the attackers
    Toad : Very high level
    JC : Decent , but twice a day only , takes 20minutes of our gameplay
    Krexel : Not worth the time doing the prequest in most cases

Comments on the current content:

HT : EXP is still good, but so is buying shaolin leech or self leeching , there is almost no incentive to HT except for the party play
    PB : Only for sweaty players , not for the casuals , unless once again , good friends with the hosts
    CWK : Decent , but only 2 runs a day
    7F : For grind-lords

In summary,
    If you're a ranged main or DK , theres a whole lot of things you could do daily, but if you're neither of those , just camp in the cave like me :D

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TonyDaquore

TonyDaquore Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Male
    8:22 AM
    TonyDaquore
    Marksman
    DutchLegends
    The Dragon Rider PQ would be an amazing addition if correctly balanced. It's kind of what you are looking for I think. Pretty high-lvled PQ (120+) which isn't too hard for non-washed players, so that a lot of ppl (even the casuals) will be able to enjoy it.
    One of the special rewards back then had a durability stat or something, so that is one of the issues about it I guess, but there is a solution for everything, right? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    7:22 AM
    Dragon Rider pq would be amazing to have. An actual pq for 4th job.
    Problem is this server is v63 (or so) and it may not be possible to add content beyond this version, unless we change to the version after our current one, or maybe changing to just before the big bang patch.

There is only so much this server can add, and we have more or less everything there is (i think).

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:22 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I've always been intrigued by the thoughts of expanding Maple Island-only content. The MapleLegends community is full of a wide-range of players, and because of this, community involvement tends to revolve solely around events, many of which exclude Maple Island altogether.

What if we made Maple Island-specific content so that there was more incentive for people to hang out around Southperry and Amherst? What if we created a social space where people could dress up their Maple Island-locked avatars that are dressed up with Maple-Island exclusive event cosmetics - rewards for participating in community PQs, jump quests, GM events, scavenger hunts, trivia, omok tournaments, etc.? Everybody would be on equal footing (Nimble Feet ftw). You could incentivize participation with Maple Island-exclusive rewards - cool weapons or outfits that would be instantly recognized for rarity.

And the nice thing about this is that staff wouldn't have to be too concerned about balance issues as everybody would have immediate access to this content.

I feel like these communal aspects of the game tend to compete with players' time because there is just so much to do. However, by hosting community events on Maple Island, you can effectively eliminate the competition. With enough added content along with consistent GM support, we could create a fun culture of community-driven interaction. By that time, it would be the norm for people to have a Maple Islander account.

It'd also definitely add to the lore that Maple Island is where a majority of Maplers are and that only the few and brave Explorers adventure beyond.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    2:22 AM
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Ok something I noticed that’s very important that will be expiring soon. Instead of using popsicle and Christmas socks in a RNG for event just put it in BOSS PQ.

BOSS pq reward (item box)
    (Level limits ofcourse)
    5-6 wa ice cream for 3Months until next event, Christmas sock during obviously Christmas just as an example with the ability to gain EXP..

8. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    9:22 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    i wish 2 runs of HT\cwk someday wont be 3 hours

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:22 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The reason its expiring soon is because of how broken it is xD

10. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    2:22 AM
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    I mean that’s the point, give us something to hunt for ;)

11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:22 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Actually though this sounds amazing!. kinda like a minigame within the game. just a little hub to chill, play minigames, maybe add portals to party quests that give Maple-Island exclusive event cosmetics.

12. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Boss PQ rewards -> HP ring with expiry?

13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:22 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    now that we have the flying attack mechanics with the auf, dragonrider could be a future dream, especially with the earring giving fixed hp

14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    12:22 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You say broken yet for me the event HP pendant is the only reason I can HT right now.

15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    We don't actually have proper flying mechanics yet

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I swore that auf/core and dragon Rider were the same, but aren't they similar?

17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:22 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Auf and CB are just swimming, not flying

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh, mb then

19. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Flying did not exist in v62, but it's something we will be implementing for sure.
    On a more technical note, flying in Aufheben/CoreBlaze was an automated map effect, while flying in Dragon Rider PQ was done with the Soaring skill.

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    in my mind it was same thing, thanks for clarify