1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add balanced fury / taos to gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:16 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It would be nice to reintroduce Taos somewhere again, be it from the mobs around Crimsonwood Keep or from CWKPQ boxes at a significantly nerfed rate. Crafting has become dead content and the only people to do it will be for the dexless claw or for the alternative Stonetooth, and that's sort of a shame because it could actually incentivize people to do something other than grind, leech, or boss, as the quests and collecting are more interesting in an RPG sort of way than most of the other stuff we find ourselves doing. Crafting died in favor of a monolithic exchange that simply output the final result - and while the exchange is fine, if not a little weak - it still put a nail in the coffin for something unique and novel, where they could instead coexist.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    8:16 PM
    Off topic, where can you craft stonetooth? I thought it was only from gacha and some boss drop.

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think he was talking about Night Raven’s Wing

“alternative” Stonetooth

4. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Oh. Is that actually a viable weapon for warriors? I literally have never seen it in game before.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:16 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    About as viable as a Stonetooth is, so not too great but people do pay for it

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Excuse me wtf did you say about ST

7. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It's only 95 dex req. vs ST's 120 or NT-1H's 125

Many warriors are built for normal 2H swords which have 0 dex requirement, so if a dexless warrior wants a secondary weapon for situations without SI, they need +116 from equips to wear ST. That's 1 more than you'd need for a dexless NL to wear Red Craven.

The only alternative would be the even weaker Red Katana, and you'd need a shield for it

So yes, people absolutely pay for them

*insert flex pic*
    upload_2023-9-8_1-34-8.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Hero
    The Free Market is self correcting. The CWK exchanges are not dead content, especially not if BF's keep going up in price. I think it's a beautiful thing that right now BF's are one of the only things in the game that incentivizes single-client farming, because the CWK exchange is designed in a way that isn't easily multi-cliented.

IMO it's a shame how poorly designed ranged weapons are. Aside from very niche cases, ranged attackers don't make any tradeoffs in their itemization aside from their 1 build adjustment which is how much base secondary stat you add based on how broke you are.

Their 1 bow/claw/gun is all they need for every situation because they don't lack accuracy, or attack speed, or range, or elemental type, or have all kinds of weird damage ratios.

For many other classes, it's not so simple. Side-arms are not optional for someone who wants their character to participate in all content without being a total troll
    • No SI drops a 2H sword user's DPM by ~16%, way more than the jump from Ilbis->MTK, and that's not even mentioning the soft penalties such as mobility loss since now you're stuck in attack animations longer. A warrior will be without SI far more often than a NL will be without SE, a faster weapon is crucial.
    • PA Fury is god's singular gift to DK in this game
    • Guardian is like Shadow Shifter but a lot worse, so it's good enough to consider a 1-handed setup
    • Slow spear out-DPMs Sky Ski unless you're jacked up on full buffs + apple, it's not unreasonable to build both especially when the extra attack can be the difference between 1hit and 2hit
    • Bossing Wand is like ~25% more damage
    These are just a few examples. Since equip price goes up exponentially with quality, it's often prudent to build multiple sets of gear instead of tunnel-visioning 1 upgrade.

Believe it or not, mid-range quality claws are easier to attain than mid-range warrior/mage equips. Ex: +5 ST/Claymore is easily over 2.5bil, but they're so rare that a seller can pretty much ask for the moon.

Red Craven is a viable weapon that just drops from plain old regular mobs - furthermore there is a wild abundance of NL players who are always trading out their hand-me-downs at bargain bin prices.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I have never seen a warrior switch away from claymore due to lack of SI. Nobody considers them as trolls dude. People understand it is not really a worthwhile investment and are not gonna fault them for it.

10. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Hero
    What I'm getting at is that NLs are in no way limited by the affordability of BFs, I personally use a 15x NL with only ilbis aside from 1 set of MTKs

During the point of player progression that 60m is considered a lot of money, the DPM loss of 4w.att is inconsequential relative to inefficiencies in itemization for many other classes, so by the same logic people will understand if a newer NL is using icicles.

11. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Look, in case you missed a huge chunk of discussion, the crux of the issue is not just the current price, it is the total lack of supply and the trend it is heading.

Let's stop using comparison between price of gear between different classes as a argument since there will never be an objective answer to that. I'm not arguing for mtk to be same price as armor piercing bullet for example. Or for claws to be same price as daggers.

12. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:16 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Alright, so I tested the cwk exchange since I needed the cards and here's my take on it.
    Sample size = 1 (lol)

The spawn rate/map for basically everything except wr's is absolute ass, and even for me at 168 with my new shiny bow Nightshadow's are surprisingly tanky.

It took me hours to get the items even with buying the crimson hearts in the FM for 35k/e or so. The badge drop rate -okay- it's not terrible, but due to the map layout and lack of total spawn on the map it makes it artificially longer than it needed to be. In the end I got 2 rare 3 common gach for everything. Not posting rewards/meso from that bc it's unrelated.

Rewards for mind numbing grind was = meso gear ring. Why is this in the exchange? It's cool to use but personally I see it as a wasted slot in my inventory. I'd much rather have a Gelt or something since it's still untradeable and not a total waste of my time. It also holds value for me since I can keep it going into content as a "emergency apple"

The 5m meso reward should be the bear minimum reward imo, if anything that seems lackluster considering the time spent doing this was so long. I also tested using my bishop 1 hitting the mobs but of course the badges barely would drop (yay mage nerf) so I went back to my BM using hurricane+arrow rain to boost drop rates best I could. I'm unsure how any lower-level players would even do this exchange efficiently considering how tanky+hard hitting the mobs would be for them, for me being a higher level there was much better meso/hr things I could've spent my time on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Hurricane and rapid fire have mage ult level drop rates just fyi.

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Wait what?
    Based on what? And why? I had always heard everyone say BM speedruns card farming with hurricane. Is it because of the slow startup animation?

15. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:16 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Based on beeg says it is so it is.
    His source:trust me bro
    Also no cardfarming on BM is reasonably easy, the biggest factor falls on map design. Skill-wise hurricane is very easy to farm with since you can "tap fire" while walking

Post quoted from -
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/increase-droprate-for-hurricane.47000/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:16 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    they used to, but it was nerfed bc its drop rate used to be same as basic attack or something like that. still good tho

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Nise is correct in that Hurricane has not been targeted specifically, rather it seems like skills classified as “fast attacks” such as Hurricane and rapid fire have selective drop rate decreases. This is most notable during point farming events; there are hundreds of hours of collective data that have been compiled that show the drop rate for basic attacks (and points per hour) exceed that of fast attacks such as Hurricane and rapid fire. This may not apply to drops like monster book cards but for some drops there is absolutely a demonstrable drop chance decrease

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ty for the heads-up! Rough change.

19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yeah I was disappointed when I found out, too. I sunk several hours farming with Hurricane into one of my first point farming events wondering why my points per hour were lower than players just basic attacking.

20. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I thought this was just for event points? Literally everybody was using basic attacks at hhg2, not just archers.