1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add balanced fury / taos to gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Sep 6, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:15 AM
    Wasn't the artificial reduction in supply a game change too? Given that bf has a noticeably lower recharge price for the price of 1 wa, i would not even consider it a strictly inferior good to mtk. Of course, you are too entitled to tell the difference.

Honestly you just sound like one of those boomers sitting on a pile of assets gained at the right time while chastising a younger generation for whining and not working hard enough. Perhaps it is time to learn some empathy and acknowledge that certain areas are indeed more challenging for newer players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:15 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    for furies it was pre cwk and was best in slot where people actually did the exchanges. mtk at 500m is from when it first came out, before they started dropping like hotcakes

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:15 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Lol again with the shit talking and passive aggressive language.
    Who exactly is whining? You've created this theoretical situation where new NLs are in desperate need for cheaply priced end-game attack stars, but they're too good for virtually free Ilbis that are basically free to recharge at the cost of 3 wa.

Is this the invisible wall of progression at play again?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Cheaply priced? I didn't know wanting to curb the rapid price growth means I want all bf to be cheaply priced. For my entire time of play mtk has stayed at almost the same price while bf has doubled in price. You seem to think this is 'correction" while unclear on what the 'correct' price to be.

If pcoins are removed from bosses tomorrow their prices will shoot up too, I'm sure that is 'correction' to you. Or maybe that is somehow not considered an artificial change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    So u mean bf was 120m before mtk came out? I mean to be fair with the bugged shadow star, it means that players are more willing to fork out a higher price, since they know they only need one. Unlike now where if you could only afford 1 set, might as well go without it.

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:15 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    thats true but they usually have 3-4 sets just in case they mess up and there's some with a full inventory of furies. at the end of the day, there was much less demand for stars and people bought what they could afford. btw not everyone knew about/was willing to rely on the bug

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    upload_2023-9-7_10-23-32.png
    who needs bfs anyways ilbis are goated

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's been over two years since the CWKPQ bonus change and CWK exchange implementation, so pardon me if I don't attribute the recent price changes to that but rather an uptrend in late game players switching over to NL and certain individuals buying out the entire fury/tao market in anticipation for this trend, not a bunch of new NLs that desperately need Furies over Ilbis. For the entire time you've played, MTK has stayed the same price because their cost is directly correlated to their craft materials being mesos (flat 100m) and NT coins (virtually free with growing popularity of NT/NT2). MTKs set a price ceiling. I don't understand your obsession with this supposed 'correct' or idealized price. There is no such thing as a correct price. Price is determined by what people are willing to pay for things. If people are willing to pay 500m for MTKs, that is their market price. But people have become privy to NT crafting and have access to NT coins, so they can craft MTKs easily for about 110m themselves, so they do that instead of overpaying in the market, hence MTK's current stable price.

Furies don't have this because players have grown so accustomed to buying and selling from the market that they haven't leaned into the actual source of the supply for quite some time - the exchanges. However, as Furies grow more expensive, the better the option to farm these exchanges becomes. That is its intended design.

On the other hand, if pcoins were removed from bosses tomorrow, the available supply would fall short temporarily as a major flow of supply would be cut off. Prices would increase until the market adjusts towards the next method of farming coins (gach). If people are unwilling to pay the new prices, they should also look into ways of generating their own supply. That's how this game works.

You're also just not asking the right questions. I'm not opposed to buffing CWK exchange in other ways - like asking for an increased ETC drop rate, or better designed maps, or an EXP bonus to facilitate for 3rd job grinding. I'm just not really sold on this whole rhetoric of "LOOK PRICE DOUBLED, THE ECONOMY REEEEEE, THIS SERVER IS FUCKED, MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR QOL PURPOSES, ANYTHING THE RICH SAY IS POINTLESS BECAUSE BAD FAITH ARGUMENT, LISTEN TO OUR NEEDS OR IT'S JOEVER," as it just facilitates for laziness in a game that's supposed to be about exploring, grinding shit out, and finding your own strategy.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:15 PM
    iPippy
    We are all waiting for the promised Subani Ankh rework to do cwk exchange for furies. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    The ability to buy out the market is a bigger issue that does not only affect balanced furies. This is just one of the more obvious examples. Of course, to you these are just smart people who took advantage of the trend instead of acknowledging the clear supply issue. A healthy economy will see balanced fury price trend be in line with other NL gear like scrolled/clean claws, scrolls, and mtks. None of those showed close to a similar price increase. No shit fair market price is what people are willing to pay, but maybe you cant see that market price will skyrocket when the supply is turned off.

As you can see from other responses, people are waiting for other upgrades to the cwk exchange, your so called balanced fury 'market' correction is not gonna draw plenty of people to do it given that it is not even the main prize.

And you think that the tao exchange will ever be a viable option with the presence of the custom exchange? That would be one of the most misguided opinions, even by your standards.

11. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Why weren't you smart enough to buy out the tao market?!?!

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    im dumb

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Don't worry I'm dumb too. I only recently found out the only supply of taos were from cwkpqs a long time ago since I wasn't playing back then.

14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    While being able to anticipate market trends can be advantageous, it shouldn't be the primary source of profit due to the associated risks and capital investments.

Time spent navigating the market represents an opportunity cost in terms of lost farming time. In general, I believe players should prioritise consistent farming and seek free market information and tips by simply asking around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The uptick in Balanced Fury prices is actually a market correction as they were undervalued and had to wait out their historic supply of materials for crafting. Taos are no longer entering the game aside from the random noob mistake, so BFs are now only produced by a very mediocre exchange. This means that there is an shrinking supply of BFs as players quit, and over time the thousands of historic Taos have mostly run their course.

Attack per meso is a function that determines what gear ought to be upgraded next, and until recently it actually made no sense to upgrade from BFs to MTKs until after you've created your own perfect claw and was roughly equivalent to working on a 21-23 attack glove in terms of value. Attack gain is all relative to each potential source, and prices have a tendency towards equalizing in a more or less efficient manner.

Those are what I consider the two main contributors to their new price increase: The supply of crafting materials was effectively shut off, and the discrepancy in efficient upgrades creating a new market pressure towards a new equilibrium. If the supply of crafting materials remained at a steady level, the likely result would have been an eventuality of MTK prices dipping to a point where it wouldn't be profitable to craft them, and would be similar to APBs in that regard.

As of right now BFs are probably where they ought to be, but they're likely to continue their trend towards becoming a rare item. In 5 years you might have trouble finding any if nothing changes. It's actually sort of funny how completely they were gutted from the game, and essentially left only to remain in dead content.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:15 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Omw to dominate the tao marketOnionF2OnionF2

17. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Thank you! I completely agree. We can go back and forth about whether current market price is fair but the main problem is that supply is cut off. Once it reaches a high enough price, people will stop buying, and as people quit the game the BF market will just die. I honestly don't see how people can look at this and think everything is fine.

18. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:15 PM
    iPippy
    On the other hand, once it reaches a high enough price, the exchange(s) becomes more worthwhile. Though I don't recall NL being very good at gathering badges to begin with.

And they said NL was immune to balance changes :asshat:

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:15 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Perhaps people are just undervaluing the other exchanges. Very roughly speaking, a tao (as one third of a BF, minus the other components which aren't worth much) can be seen as 1/3 * BF price, so ~18m as of latest prices I saw.

Sure, the ws exchange has the huge potential ws influencing the EV, but assuming the other raffles can be completed in 25% (or less) of the required time for the WS raffle, I think something can be said for the other EVs, factoring in potential Tao prices.

20. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Tao is definitely be less than 1/3 of a fury price. The gathering of gryphon feathers for crafting is actually quite time consuming and annoying cos of the map. Also, people will be hesitant to buy one tao since they might have trouble finding the others to complete the set. Not an issue if there is a constant supply of all 3 though.