1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Changes/Vent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Briefs, Oct 8, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    Briefs

Briefs Mano

Jun 30, 2022
    5:54 AM
    FuglyDuckly
    Bishop
    Eggies
    No worries, and I wasn't the least bit offended by your "new here" comment btw. I'm sure a significant amount of people will want to optimize HP/MP and would still prefer the INT washing method (im under the impression though that pretty much every class will be endgame viable at 180+ through the challenges though, at least that was my understanding of the aim of the challenges in the first place). Same with leeching, where a significant amount of people would prefer having access to leech and easy leveling. I just don't think what people want always lines up with what they'll actually enjoy and what will keep them playing in the long run. Many people would probably love a big increase in CS/WS drop rates, or a significant buff to their favorite class, but would you say that such changes would be good for player retention (assuming their fav class isn't underpowered)? I personally think that increasing player interactivity, with both the game content and other players will be good for player retention, especially in a game like ML which is known as a "social MMO". I'm by no means an authority on the subject, as I've said before, this is simply what I think would be good for the game.
    I honestly won't claim to know the changes in player perception to leech when compared to several years ago, and I agree that limiting player choice isn't necessarily ideal, but I would rather expand player choice by making more content viable that plays to the games strengths (such are party quests) as opposed to content like leech. The analogy I'll make here is similar to the reason Carvival PQ wasn't and will not be introduced to ML, and I suspect many players would love for it to be introduced, but without significant changes, it would simply become the optimal way to level from 30-50 (or whatever the ranges were) and invalidate other content at those level ranges. It will increase player choice, and would likely be supported by players, but I don't think it would be enjoyed by most players to the same extent as the content its replacing. Again, just my opinion.

2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    3:54 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    same. any content where dpm matters I cider for the 2 mins and Im right back into concentrate anyways

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:54 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I don't think anybody disagrees that facilitating for more social interactions in this game is good, but the reason why the early levels are ghost towns is because it's by design. This is a 2x server and the exp curve is designed to funnel people out of 1st-3rd job and PQ level ranges pretty quickly. The majority of a player's time, should they choose to stick around, is spent in the 135+ bossing levels which have their own social elements to them. But bossing isn't the only content that exists in these levels. One could grind (independently or with a partner), or farm (farming logs/journals), or explore (card hunt, quest), or sell leech, which has a fair bit of a social element to it too. However, one thing they all share in common is that they all point towards higher levels of progress and harder, longer form content.

Gutting leech and how mages function in this server might lead to more social interactions at the lower level, but with how everything funnels towards late game, I highly doubt it'd make much of an impact. People would just latch onto the next most efficient strategy while complaining about how much harder things are compared to before. Likewise, newer players would have a much harder time catching up to those who are already established.

That being said, while I think asking for mages to become more viable attackers is a perfectly fine ask -- and I agree that their ults are what's holding them back from further buffs -- I think changing a central playstyle for a fairly large percentage of the players in this server will only serve to destabilize what's been somewhat stable and could potentially cause more players to leave. IMO, the quest to implement something big and bold that might attract new players is only wishful thinking at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    We should buff buccs. They get whited by BM's 15 levels lower (if the BM doesnt' get hit much kek)

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    My main takeaway is that people who are or were BM mains are toxic. Can we force convert -ovv and beegorato to marksmen? It's too late for Skarmory but maybe we can fix the rest of them now with this one little trick

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    9:54 PM
    Guildless
    BM = Bad Manners.
    Coincidence... I think not!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Give me alt tab hurricane back

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    https://youtube.com/shorts/0IJDd5TNGss?si=rpiCQseMy13W736W

9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:54 PM
    its from the years of overinflated bow 30s.

10. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    • Like Like x 2
  11. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    Explains a lot about you honestly fartsyfartsy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    5:54 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Luckily as a BM player I am not toxic

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I can be sometimes I guess, but only when people can't/won't respect the host and runners in content :mad: we here to chill and have fun, don't be pepega making runs fail with bad attitude. We shall fail gloriously, laughing instead

14. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Bowmaster's concentration skill is like that because it currently doesn't stack with external weapon attack boosting buffs. We've asked for the ability for concentration to stack for many years now but sadly it hasn't happened yet.

As for Mage's ultimate abilities, please don't group bishops in here. Bishops need an all-rounded damage buff (including genesis).

• Agree Agree x 1