1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Wyvern Suit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ThuMay26, Oct 24, 2023.

1. ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    7:42 PM
    Poach
    Thief
    Dear Comrades,

It has come to my attention that an overwhelming majority of runners I met during horntail absolutely love the idea of introducing dark wyvern suit cosmetics to the game, including bishops that have fought countless bloody duels with these wretched things.

Unfortunately, I lack the sprite skills, but I wanted to start the idea train here so perhaps someone with magical fingers can turn this dream into a reality. I was having in mind something like this:

스크린샷 2023-10-24 173958.png
    Please don't make this an event-only cosmetic, as I would pay donor cash in a heartbeat to give my bishop a permanent, menacing look. More donor cash flowing in would also mean increased longevity for the server, so we can all continue to get DP'd, the favourite mechanic for bishops.

• Like x 5
    • Creative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    6:12 PM
    Beginner
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lady_Apatura

Lady_Apatura Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    Female
    12:12 PM
    LadyApatura
    Hero, F/P Arch Mage, Marksman, Buccaneer
    Perion
    Yes we need this!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:12 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  5. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
    can I hire you as a pixel artist

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Can't really say no to a custom outfit like this (although I can't confirm if/when it would be added, yet). If someone enjoys a pixelated challenge, do feel free to give it a go!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. onelastime

onelastime Blue Snail

Oct 25, 2023
    Male
    7:12 AM
    Papylon
    [​IMG]
    Hey ThuMay26ThuMay26 !
    A friend sent me your post and i've decided to try some ideas vaguely based on your idea, or what i have undertood of it.
    Kind awesome how the appropriation of a game (privates server) feels often more creative, like a fanfic better than the original series it follows, and that is a collective endeavor, expressed sometimes by individual desires. It is a chance to add (more) authorship into this fangame.

Anyway, above you can see a couple of "helmets ideias", mostly bone crowns/tiaras, trying to fit in classes archetypes and a "helmet", i think, that fits better to your ideia, although kinda spookier, on the lower left and a kimigurumi's pinkwyvern version next to it.

Wish i had the time today to make the body or something but i takes time, involving a lot of, well, drawings and attention to detail.
    Ill leave another non-related image here, that may express the tiresome process of creating the other very(not really) movable attire parts.
    (Of course i've animated frame by frame, and we know that maple itens/clothes/vests are mostly imovable, but even so we have to account for diferent classes, their different move set, and other stuffs...

[​IMG]
    Well, hope you enjoy. Congrats on the idea.
    Best regards and sorry about the broken english,

Hugs and Kisses.

• Great Work Great Work x 20
  8. OP
    OP
    ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    Poach
    Thief
    You are my heroooooooooooooooo

9. OP
    OP
    ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    Poach
    Thief
    No no, please take your time. You are an amazing person and there is absolutely no pressure on you to finish this.

I'm guessing if you do end up finishing the suit, Pasta can probably take a look and see how it can be implemented into the game. I'm a barbarian when it comes to digital art and coding so I really appreciate the work that goes into producing this and making it alive in the real game.

Thank you to those who read this thread and provided input into making this dream come true!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    5:12 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I couldn't help myself
    wyvernrino.png

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Lady_Apatura

Lady_Apatura Blue Snail

Jan 24, 2021
    Female
    LadyApatura
    Hero, F/P Arch Mage, Marksman, Buccaneer
    Perion
  12. OP
    OP
    ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    Poach
    Thief
    YES

PastaPasta I'm really sorry to bother you during a busy maintenance but 2 amazing people posted some amazing pixel arts onto this thread. What next steps need to be done to implement them into the game?

13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:12 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Every frame of every animation in the game has to be drawn for the overall/cape/gloves/shoes portion at least. What has been posted isn't quite ready to be added.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    Poach
    Thief
    Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying!