1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts about new players' well-being

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T2Smile, Nov 28, 2023.

Do you agree new players are getting tougher to reach most of goals than before?

1. Super agree

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Kind of agree

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Neutral

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Kind of disagree

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  5. Strongly disagree

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:08 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I can’t help but feel like you’re making a lot of inferences without evidence. I was under the impression the level of Timeless and Reverse gear was set to 150 because they’re supposed to be “endgame” items. Do you have evidence to back up your claim it was done in response to multimaging?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  2. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    The claim is not Timeless and Reverse became 150 due to multi-maging.

The claim is that Reverse (and Reverse only) becoming 150 was a terrible terrible decision that was swept under the rug because multi-maging ensured that the materials for crafting maintained accessible.

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That’s rather subjective, imo

4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    The drop rate for helm int 60% is really low, I remember the time when I was passing by I killed a few of them and one randomly dropped. https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=5130100

Just gotta keep trying, drop rates can be quite wonky.

5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    2:08 AM
    i mean multi shad is still there tho.

6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    How can you say this without actually knowing how profitable it is?

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It generates 85 mil an hour per shad.

• Informative Informative x 8
  8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:08 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Is this satire?

9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That's strictly on the high end, though. Realistically it's more like 50-75m an hour per Shad, scalable up to about 30 Shadowers for the typical multishad farmer (5 per map). With good enough gear though you could probably push 90m an hour per shad.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    theres no way you guys are seriously pulling 50-75m/hr through these mules, you serious? o.o

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    2:08 PM
    it's true, you should test it out :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:08 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea it can get pretty nutty

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I call bullsh-

14. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    2:08 AM
    why do you think the economy is still up? its propped up by this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Seems rather straightforward to me.

Timeless Weapons, viable.
    Neotokyo Weapons viable.
    Dragon Weapons viable.
    Even level 100 Weapons are viable.

Reverse Weapons? No.

You can farm(boss) for NT weapons. You can farm for dragon weapons. You can farm for level 100 weapons. And you can scroll them all for low cost because of how accessible these items are and get them to a good power level.

But not for Reverse. Not since PoT price was driven up after a Multi-Mage nerf would any sane player try to farm or even necessarily buy the materials to craft and *use* a Reverse Weapon. Just about every Reverse Weapon that comes to market is a loot drop from Pink Bean. The effort to not only get to level 150, but to craft, scroll, and use a Reverse is nowhere near worth the effort compared to every other weapon choice.

You see scrolled level 100, 110, or NT weapons on the Free Market all the time, or their bases. Or you see end game players use/work on their Timeless as their final weapon. But you don't see Reverse Weapons on the market unless they come as a drop from Pink Bean and you don't really see anyone settling for Reverse.

If it weren't for the fact that Reverse/Timeless gloves exist and that Timeless weapons require PoTs to craft (which is not in the original GMS Maker recipe), PoTs would have little to no value because the current state of Reverse Weapons do not justify the effort to farm for them if you are not a multi-mager. And you can tell Reverse Weapons are not worth the effort to craft them because when they drop from Pink Bean, often times their market value is literally less than the total cost of materials required to craft them because it is completely unviable to craft them or be used in any noticeable consideration among the playerbase that justifies a demand

This is literally BAD game design that is counterintuitive to player progression and its economic viability is "balanced out" by multi-mages, but remains not reasonably accessible to the rest of the playerbase.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:08 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    thank the leechers and multimagers for those cheap dragon and lv100 weapons. destroy skele leech and see scales soar to 4m like piece of time

17. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Is this another gotcha?
    I did not say leechers were a problem. I said multi-magers. And unless I am wrong, skeles are not the preferred place of Multi-magers.

18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:08 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    gotcha xd

but really, a lot of things are priced "low" because there's a lot of supply from mages. reverse still fills some niche though, people just don't take advantage of it

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I suppose if you only view Reverse gear as weapons, I can understand that viewpoint. Reverse armor is exceptionally popular though, I even use it myself on my Bowmaster. Reverse Overalls, Gloves, and Shoes are all useful in some capacity, so I wouldn't count out Reverse gear as a whole, and the level restriction wouldn't make sense for the weapons and armor to be separate. I'm not really sure why you're so insistent on Reverse Weapons needing a niche, I mean the CWK Exchange weapons and most weapons under level 100 are all considered more or less worthless. Hell, even many Weapons level 100+, like Stormshears or NT Staves are considered worthless. Part of an MMORPG is that some equips are better than others, and there's nothing inherently wrong about that. Most equips end up being NPCed anyways, even if they're one of the "good" ones.

You will regularly see even non-reverse items sell below crafting cost (poor quality Dragon and NT weapons come to mind, and especially so for things like EPs). Assuming something is worthless because it happened to sell below its crafting cost is not indicative of poor design, but sometimes a reflection of merely poor demand for anything besides perfect equips.

There are some pieces of gameplay that are, objectively, bad game design. A boss encounter that kills everyone 1 minute into the fight and can never be cleared no matter what is bad game design. The topic of reverse equipment, I think, is a bit more nuanced than that.

Reverse Weapons are not needed for a smooth endgame progression curve, in my opinion. Hell, a player can get to endgame and become one of the strongest players on the server by only sticking to level 100 weapons and nothing else. There's no need to force Reverse Weapons to be either affordable or viable.

In my opinion, Timeless and Reverse equipment is already too accessible as is. In most games, "endgame" equipment is gated behind you being... well, endgame. You can't get raid drops without clearing a raid, for the most part. By most PB runners' standards, 150 is a good distance away from what most would consider "endgame". If it were up to me, Timeless gear should have a level requirement of 175 to match Timeless Pendant and Auf helm accessibility. Reverse requiring level 150 under this scenario I think would make natural sense, but regardless, I don't think level 150 is an absurd spot for it to be in, and I think the extra benefit you get from Reverse Equips not only justifies, but drives the cost. If players did not actively want to be crafting and wearing Reverse Equips, then the price of PoT wouldn't be where it is now. Clearly there is a demand for these items, so implying that the cost to create them and the level restriction for them is absurd, to me at least, feels unsupported.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    7:08 PM
    Expensive scrolls or materials if widely available at multi-magers, and if multi-maging is OP that many players are abusing it, those stuff should be no longer expensive. If they're still expensive, either multi-maging is not OP, or those items are not wildely available by multi-maging.

Which case is it currently? Or what part I am thinking is wrong?