1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information December 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:52 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I hope you’re lifting with your legs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Gee archmage, how come your mom lets you have two buffs?

3. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    It's for his estranged younger brother, oddjobber.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  5. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    1:52 PM
    The new mage formula looks well thought out, very nice! Good thing it's still quadratic or we'd all be going back to high school.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    Should probably asterisk the damage values in the skill changes thread here https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-skill-changes.39396/

Something I don't quite understand is gearTMA

Does this mean you could now benefit more from specing into LUK rather than scrolling for LUK and scrolling OA for INT instead of LUK because [INT on gear > base INT] ? I'm not sure I understand correctly since that seems like a strange mechanic.

This isn't criticism, I'm more just curious if I'm understanding correctly. If you had a mage with 100 base LUK and scrolled equipment for LUK to use a staff would it now be better to instead sac the base INT and just get base 165 LUK now? I'm assuming gearTMA means INT on OA is stronger than base INT for example.

7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    TMA can be broken down into base int + gear + mw so just plug it in, on Xiao's post gear+mw is the same thing as gear

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I thought specifying 'gear'TMA meant it was INT+MA from 'gear' specifically. Just worded a little weird for me I guess.

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yeah mw can be included to that for simplicity. luk is usually exchanged for ma so thats why it's tma - int - luk

however with that formula you should still avoid luk mage unless you're minimizing luk without scrolling for it. it's really onlyworth if you can have less than like 20 base luk.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tobi3

Tobi3 Slime

Nov 22, 2023
    Male
    1:52 PM
    Love to see that we're in this together.