1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Buff icons and Debuff icons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xiaoyaoz, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    4:24 AM
    nice try, but it actually goes right here
    upload_2024-3-20_22-59-45.png
    because once you charge the bubble, you become the bubble

• Like Like x 3
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    you're both wrong
    upload_2024-3-20_16-12-42.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:24 PM
    Beginner
    An option to fade bosses Map Timer opacity would be nice (say i.e. by 50%) or Reduced Size (It's quite obnoxiously big actually).
    Having mention this quite a few times, I've pondered and still am for this personally. Considering how in Client 0 and 1, more often than not, longer duration buffs such as Echo/ Apple/ HTB/ PBB/ MW gets covered by the Map Timer. Also a plus if the existing order of: Older buffs being shoved to the Left and Newer ones on the right is retained,.

Would also much prefer:
    1. Self buffs + Pot
    - I currently use Party HP bar for PB and HT to gauge which skills I'm missing to avoid continuous counting. By having this dedicated row, It'd be even easier to account for myself.

2. Party buffs

3. Debuffs
    - To add, please also consider including confusion (with seconds countdown would be a bonus) as It'd aid especially for ducking Musical Notes (better ability to time it right during start to end of notes and when directions will be switched back). Plus if it's on the 3rd row, which is closer to the in-game character, this allows for shorter eye travel and increase It's practicality of change. Not sure how if Seduced is added, but this would be a bonus as well to know when especially jumping Sed will end so I can gobble some water/multi-task.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notorious

Notorious Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    7:24 AM
    Galbatorix, Balake
    Buccaneer
    Chroma, Funk
    Even though I rage whenever my confusion unexpectedly ends and I barrage the bean the wrong way, I think having confusion (and seduce) countdown to see how close they are to ending is hand holding a little too much. These bosses (pink bean, HT, etc) are already supposed to be the hardest in the game, and the player making a judgement call for whether to use Hero's Will or not is part of the skill involved in not dying. Similarly, having an intuition for knowing roughly when confusion is going to end is part of player skill. I'm all for the quality of life change of having multiple rows for buffs/debuffs, but having the debuffs count down feels like you're just making these fights (very) slightly easier.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    7:24 AM
    i also like the idea of debuff tokens next to hp bar; probably less clutter than having 3 lines on top right. I also do not think it should have cooldown timer on it, that's too much info in my opinion.

6. Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    7:24 PM
    Rapi
    Shadower
    will a countdown be added?

7. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    I am one for adding more to the 2nd row, particularly the "Splitting between regular buffs and objectively "important" buffs (as in, buffs that are critical for the player to know the state of: for example Magic Guard, Meso Guard, Hyper Body, Holy Shield, Berserk);" suggestion.

I don't see why at least meso guard and magic guard weren't already on added to the 2nd row of buffs when corsair battleship is similar in some aspects. ie meso guard's short recast timer + both guards being life or death in most higher level situations and crucial to the main skill kit. Though i can see from what others have commented that upkeeping what everyone will not agree on through game updates of what are "important buffs" may be difficult and time consuming.

if anything then i'd likely agree with going for configurable options or:
    party buffs
    self buffs/summons

with that I'd like to ask if octopus/wrath of octopi for corsair will ever get it's buff icon back or if there was an issue with it before? I know that before the issue of not being able to summon 4 of them was fixed it at least had a buff icon but when the issue was fixed we never got the buff icon back. I know it's been years since that issue was fixed/addressed and maybe i'd missed if it said anywhere why that was. If it's possible to bring the icon back I'd appreciate having it as I loved using them as HT wc/mc timers. And thinking now is it the only summon without an icon atm?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    5:24 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet