1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishop Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    2:27 AM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Archmage leeches priest to
    Bishop than sells leech to attackers

Bishops only train with Bishops at skele's or other arch mages

Attackers are then fucked

Anyone notice the Bishop syndrome is already in full effect? Good luck paying a bishop pots and possibly mesos just to train with them, and in their mind thinking you're useless .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    8:27 AM
    Dark Knight
    Project
    This will be over once ToT comes out (if we get it).

• Like Like x 5
  3. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    7:27 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    PJSalt

Mages are good for grinding, but not for bossing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    12:27 AM
    Beginner
    You make it sound like it was any different back then in gms, besides your not even high enough to be able to train with a bishop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    says the one who doesnt train but rather hangs on a rope to whatever level ur at now?

so the fuck what if im only lvl 99 right now i will be high enough to "train with a bishop"

and it was different in GMS , Bishops trained with attackers all the time .. Were you even 4th job back then dude?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    ..that's why I made a bishop to leech my guild and my bowmaster. . Gotta deal with it for now with no ToT btw s> leech 6m-8m/hr

And to respond to what you said about tommi go ahead and train at 120 legit...

Training at 120 as a bowmaster got me like 10-15%/hr solo and leech is about 50-60%/hr, now having a full time job I would rather leech myself and get efficient exp for my time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Yeah man thats really the only way to go .. Either have a good friend thats a bishop that will train with you , or make your own and leech your attacking character lmao

theres a few types of people in this server .. The ones who get free leech & disagree with what I say and my opinion , then there are the ones who dont have a bishop and AGREE with me and how this is REALLY happening / being played out

• Like Like x 2
  8. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Bishops have always been meant to be a utility class. However, the fact that leeching a bishop is so much more expedient than actually grinding (as tomm says he gets like 3-4x as much just from sitting on a rope) is a problem I think. Doesnt matter if thats how it was in GMS, its dumb.

• Like Like x 5
  9. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    PJSalt ?

whats gonna happen when Neko stops leeching u at 120 u gonna quit ? or grind it out?

the former

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Calm down zook, ur not even there yet.
    Why are you so scared Bishops wont train with you?
    If you just work a little on your attitude I'm sure ppl gonna party you.

11. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:27 PM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    Well, calm your ass. Although I agree with the "Bishop syndrome" and Bishop is kinda OP in terms of getting money and levels.
    In the end it really depends on how you play the game. Not everyone play this game the same.
    Most of y'all are competitive as fug, some are more competitive in terms of Damage, some are more in Levels, some wanna be a perfectionist, well some just wanna spend some time on Nostalgic Mapling or just simply playing some games.
    So.. Bishop syndrome is really a syndrome to you if you wanna be competitive but you're not competitive enough to create yourself a Bishop like what @canadian9166@canadian9166 did.

• Like Like x 6
  12. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Hey I got enough priests and bishops in my guild , I'm really focusing in on bishops attitudes , i've heard from about 4/5 bishops that theyd rather solo because the exp gain from a normal non mage attacker is useless . But thx for making it personal against me for the thoughts and opinions of elitist bishops lmao

and @Spaceman@Spaceman I don't have a 2nd computer , Tho if using 3rd party programs to run 2 maples is allowed (which i know people on legends who does it) than I will hop aboard ~

13. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Please continue the Bishop hate, it pleases me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I HATE YOU LATTE T_T

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Your the first person I've heard complaining.
    VMware is allowed, knock yourself out.
    You come here with an attitude problem and expect ppl to not comment on it? Come on now.
    I didn't want to mention it, just felt I had to, just speak nicely to ppl plz.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    me having an attitude problem?

its people LIKE YOU that got something worse than an attitude problem .. You got a Your a bitch problem , and stop acting like such a crybaby problem

If you cant take some words .. (THAT WERENT EVEN TOWARD YOU) from some guy on a forum .. And not TAKE THEM TO HEART like seriously dude why are you even commenting on my attitude ? Mom is that you ? Okay than stfu

17. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    1:27 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Oh look, another thread where neckbeards who have the time to grind 25/8 and are happy to be in a 'position of power' for the first time in their lives defend broken game mechanics by attacking the messenger for becoming emotional about it.

'nostalgia' for nostalgias sake is kewl and fun. Nostalgia for the sake of prolonging unbalanced, dependent systems that people with to much time on their hands can take advantage of is totally meh and definitely removes motivation.

Especially some of their insufferable neckbeard-esque attitudes :roflmao:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
  18. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    I really do like this post +1 very many

Why the hell are people posting in my thread about me and my personality and shit ? Like is this thread title "Zook/Candy syndrome" Or is it about Bishops

Yall gonna get my thread closed for talkin shit f7

19. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    7:27 AM
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Bishops and arch mages are good for farming and partying for leech etc, attackers are needed for boss runs, who the frig is gonna kill a boss if attackers were useless? So no, no one thinks theyre useless.

20. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    12:27 AM
    Beginner
    I was 117 before i even started to leech, unlike you crying about how expensive leech is at 90. Besides you have to be dumb to prefer to train at typhons like I was and getting 6% an hour compared to sitting on a rope and getting 50% an hour at skeles.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.