1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishop Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:43 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Quick question in relation to your theory. Was it against the ToS of GMS, EMS, JMS, KMS and therefore bannable to leech yourself/play on two characters at once/multi-client? Was this activity (if discovered) bannable due to its inhibition/breaking of some of the main party playing aspects in the game?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    11:43 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I wish I had some French fries right now, there's a lot of salt in this thread.
    OnionMuha

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Post translated: pls don't question or change my 'nostalgic' altering of the game/rule breaking i didnt actually wan' play the class i made i jus made 1 so i culd leech myself nd b 1337!1!@$1!!1!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:43 PM
    Moderator Post
    If this thread tuns into personal attack than I'll close it. First and last warning.

5. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    A lot of people will try to defend this , bishop leeching and all and the others will follow suit circle jerking the mess out of each other , and or flaming me .. simple fact is the mass of people are followers ..

its easy to berate someone who isnt widely liked in hopes of getting backing from others to make themselves feel good ...

Also if i knew you could use 3rd party programs to make a bishop and then leech yourself all while on the SAME PC . Fuck it I mightaswell right ? If everyone else is doing it .. Just like Tomm did with gaching on all of his accounts

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Thanks Kimmy , but the people are personally bashing me as easily read & I dont want my thread closed .. BUT You have your mind on a better forum and better server so I will trust your judgement .. the banning / locking them from this thread personally would do good imo , but like I said I trust your judgement .. Thanks :)

7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:43 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    God that was hilarious, candy4pres'

brb making a bishop.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    @Kimberly@Kimberly Could I have an explanation of why multi clienting or playing with more than one character at a time is allowed? A further explanation of the reasoning it is allowed only with the use of a third party program (furthermore, a third party program only usable on PC's while some of the users are not PC players) rather than completely open multiclienting for the public would be good too.

I wouldn't be afraid to change anything just because you are facing opposition from people who log a lot of hours. It has already been proven that a large majority of our incredibly competitive playerbase (this is not a bad thing) does not condone equal, competitive play unless it is forced upon them. This can be seen when taking into account the large amount of high leveled vote abusers (who weren't banned), and the large amount of players who are perfectly fine with a third party windows only program controlling the ability to multiclient.

tl;dr - most people don't care if things are even and will do anything to win, even if it is a maplestory private server

• Like Like x 4
  9. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    On a real note, personally I don't care about bishops leeching. Yes I'll be a bishop soon, no I have no intention of starting a second character. I already go out of my way to help people and will continue to do so when I start leeching. I get why people don't like it but I don't really care lol. I'm having fun enjoying the game I use to play years ago the way I remember playing it. Call me selfish but all I'm truly concerned about it if I'm having fun or not.

10. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I think the problem here is that Bishops (one of the twelve classes in the game) are the sole deciding factor in how quickly any person levels. When you have an absurd ratio like 10% an hour of actually grinding and training vs. 60% an hour of holding onto a rope, there's an obvious problem that we need to address. you can argue that eventually bossing outspeeds leeching in terms of exp, but that doesnt mean the dozens of levels where sitting on a rope is superior don't matter, especially with such a huge difference. I understand that bishops are supposed to be the support class, but support =/= incomparably superior.

• Like Like x 4
  11. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    YES .. Are you me ? Or am I you ? Are u a girl ? Im a guy ..

There was so many high levelers abusing the Vote thingy (not glitch) but just voting on 2 accounts like seriously .. Find 75% if not more of the top 100 that has 2 differetn account ID's and I can almost guarantee they abused it .. I can even list a few NAMES BUT I WOULDNT DO THAT IN THIS FORUM LET ALONE A PUBLIC THREAD AND ONLY TO A gm

12. Dylan

Dylan Orange Mushroom

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Hunter
    This is why 2006 maple is better than 2008 maple, back in the REAL old days leveling was hard af for EVERYONE not just non-bishops

13. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Anyone who gets mad at this, I can only assume would get mad if their best friend won the lottery because they didn't.
    Stop thinking about how other people are being treated/rewarded (even if it's unwarranted) and just play the game how you want to play it. It's not worth getting angry because some people have it better than you for no reason.
    If it was, I'd spend a lot load of time hating on celebrities. I'd rather just get on with my shit...

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    9:43 AM
    Beginner
    OnionF2

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    dude stop being a fucking cry baby , go quote your posts and bold the dumb shit u said to me

ok afk work cya guys (besides tomm he leeches and abused gacha by voting on 2 acounts)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

LOL didn't you JUST SAY you didn't want this thread close. I can't even.
    OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Your post would make sense if this wasn't meant to be a competitive, lowrate server. The real world is a HELLA old ambiguous server where there has been tons of 'vote abuse' and other types of 'scamming' that gives one party an advantage over the other party.

However, this is a fresh new server that boasts competitive play. About a month ago I made a post about gacha dependent systems, which was flamed. Weeks later I freaked out about vote abuse after I saw it being openly talked about in LPQ, and it turned out a large number of the top players were abusing votes.

Vote abusing + a Gacha dependent system has already given players a complete, unavoidable, and unfixable advantage over others, especially fresh new players. All because some people are over competitive, probably because they have nothing else in their lives to act competitively about.

Multi-clienting will only exacerbate that advantage. And the vast majority of the forum active high leveled players are supporting it.

If leech can be sold, money = levels right? So why isn't vote abuse held in the same regard as hacking?

• Like Like x 5
  18. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Hypothetically, lets say absolutely nothing changes.....Who is everyone going to complain to? Neckson, Obama, Jesus?
    When it boils down to it, the players on this server and any other have little to no control over what goes on. So why make such a fuss?
    Deal with the bad shit when it happens and embrace the good things when they come. Can't have one without the other.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus