1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishop Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    3:10 AM
    Beginner
    Why would people party then? If exp is not shared, there is even less reason to party.

2. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    That would mean partying would be absolute garbage, which isn't what it's supposed to be (Leeching = getting party XP).

Ninja'd by @Chew@Chew rip

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Blue Snail

Jun 12, 2015
    @Marty@Marty
    Yep you didn't get what I said, wasn't proving anything. And yes you are absolutely right without leeching services the economy would absolutely die!

Sure its not a requirement, sure they require time(others dont? lol) sure they are basic. You are saying that while bishop requires time to get high lvl and funding the rest of the classes requires you to put effort(+time?) and brains. Well that does not really sound fair. Oh yeah thats right I forgot **majority** agree that its a boring class.
    Now its fair, i mean its so boring i rarely see any clerics/priests/bishops around, in most cases I have a hard time finding one at popular farming spots on this server.
    In addition to that they are "basic af". Ahh yes brilliant basic gameplay should be rewarded with superior skills, utility and leveling.

If my words still confuse my point( in bold) is:
    The bishop class is imbalanced and needs a nerf.

4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I get your point @Wiseguy@Wiseguy, and I disagree. I thought that was obvious, guess not.

Great job on taking what I said to a ridiculous level and making it look stupid. (y)

5. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    8:10 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    @Marty@Marty @canadian9166@canadian9166 @Aero@Aero I believe you three and a few others took it as far as it could go when insinuating you and other players you know would no longer play due to the removal or altering of a broken game mechanic. A couple of you have even begged for the thread to be closed just so that the conversation would end.

You can participate in identity politics, misinterpretation, generalizations, fact-slanting, etc. as much as you want, but that bar none was by far the most immature and conversation stifling thing thats happened in this thread.

Anybody that fully understands the issue would most likely not be upset to see someone leave for that particular reason, as it shows off their true colors quite blaringly.

@Chew@Chew source???? I believe there were mapletips about not sharing accounts and not multi-clienting

I've read through the entire thread and cannot find one good argument for keeping the 75-85 and 108-120 inequality ridden leeching mechanics exactly how they are. Each 'argument' is based in 'muh nostalgia,' 'muh quit crying and make a bishop,' or 'muh ILL QUIT WAAAAAH'

• Like Like x 2
  6. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    Your plea would have been so much more effective if written in proper English w/ punctuation.
    Now I just have a hard time reading your rant, let alone agree with it.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This topic has now reached its end, since everyone shared their opinion, which was exactly what I was waiting for. Basically now all still happening is argues because A diagree with B's opinion and B argue over A's opinion.

~Opinions, you may disagree~

I myself am a warrior person and never ever leech due to following reasons:

1) Leeching makes you lazy and once you stop leeching you suddenly need 4 times more EXP than when you've decided to start leeching (more or less, depending how much you leech), makes it very demotivating to continue even playing, thus you probably leech even more, or stop playing altogether.
    2) I enjoy actually playing the game. Leeching (especially the rope hanging leeching) is basically skipping your gameplay and doing nothing. Some may like skipping game play, but I wouldn't. I got to 180 in an other server that closed down and I did this without a single bit of leech, because I enjoy actually playing the game. It took me about a full year and it was a 2x server with 2x EXP cards, so basically 4x.

However, I respect everyone's way of playing. If person A wants to play by leeching (or pay for it) than let him/her be. It was part of pre-big bang MapleStory, so its also a part of Gameplay here.

What I enjoy about Warrior so much is that Warriors move around and jump around, need challenging accuracy to keep going, its fun. Mages are like in (almost) every game more an easier class, so people that want an easy time pick that. Mages (Priests) are like mentioned a bit more boring during their GS2 period, where they only do hold a button and once in while move around to right or left. Most of our bans by botting comes from mages botting in GS2, so its kinda obvious people really dislike that phase of the Mage, and decided to try skip that part too by botting.

There's a lot of competitive talk in this thread, which is understandable, since everyone like to be on the ranking. However, this is a Private Server. What you should do especially is enjoy a game version that you couldn't play anymore if it wasn't for us, or other people running Private Servers.

I've kept this thread up for long because I wanted collect opinions. However, this was also one of the most heated up topics to discuss, so that was a nice thing to see. Of course like anything we discuss (even IRL) people may disagree with each other, so a bit of "hate" appears. However, I am pretty sure that the person leaving off some hate does not take it personal upon you and just want provide a point of disagree/agree on him/her, which is what happens in every discussing, especially big ones.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your opinions and like always we use the information we've gathered for the future. In end, we want the best for MapleLegends.

~Kim & MapleLegends Staff.

• Like Like x 20
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.