1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishop Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Some people are jealous, some people are butthurt.

2. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    9:16 AM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    stop coming in my thread and replying with stupid shit kid and crying about expensive leech ? god you sound like a moron . Cause you know me I get very emotional over the price of leech lmao .. It all ties into the title of my thread

and @Leo@Leo you sorta got the right idea .. but what happens if us attackers have a hard time solo leveling , without the HELP OF A TRAINING WITH BISHOP / (NOT GETTING FREE LEECH OR BUYING LEECH) like Tommi for instance ? If a bishop doesn't want to party with us we will be stuck trying to get 20% an hour MAX at 11x and 12x

3. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    2:16 PM
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Well when i hit bishop lvl im pretty sure ill party with attackers and help them lvl with our charging i dont have to always sell leech, it would be good to have more attacker buddys for bosses, but hey thats just me i cant define what the rest of the community would do.

4. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    7:16 AM
    Beginner
    Zome people are both keke.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Pebbs

Pebbs Master Chronos

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    England
    Pebbs
    Bishop
    Dalmascus
    Surely its up to the bishop to decide who he/she leeches..

• Like Like x 5
  6. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    8:16 AM
    Paladin
    Welcome to MapleStory before Big Bang.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    6:16 AM
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    This post was a very entertaining read. That's all I care to contribute at this time.

also...bitches cray.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    7-15% an hour vs 50-60% is ridiculous, really.

Since any form of multi-clienting is outlawed (right?? or are we not enforcing that??) and people shouldn't be leeching themselves (LEL), this means that those who choose to play as bishops have an almost complete choice over which attacker characters reach 4th job faster and therefore have a huge leg up on bossing ability. Whether this choice be monetarily based or friendship based, it should remain the bishops right to choose who he or she parties with so long as 'leeching' remains a game mechanic.

However, the gap is more than large enough to cause inequality concerns. So if people want to keep prolonging this unbalanced leech style atmosphere, I propose that either the skele level be changed to 125 (as HS+Skele EXP+Bishop elemental is too OP for 108-120's) or there be opening of new training spots where level 100-120's can expect to earn atleast 30% per training hour.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    At 13x i was getting around 30%/h whilst grinding with another 13x attacker class + a non leeching HS mule @ skeles. Thats alot less than grinding with a bishop sure but i still remember grinding 4h for 50% @grims back in the old EMS days so i really have nothing to complain about. Not to mention you're not even at our level yet, so why cry about something that doesn't concern you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Beginner
    No, your allowed to VMware.
    Casual multiclienting is just blocked.

11. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:16 PM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    Yeah, tried to contribute but people be so cray. Too ignorant

• Like Like x 1
  12. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Bishops don't train with attackers at skeles? Not what I've been seeing so far.

Attackers are loved

13. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    There reaches a point where killing bosses is faster than leeching and is even faster than a bishop training. Attackers just haven't reached that level yet. Then you'll see threads about people wanting to limit BF/HH, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    mmmm. Nice. You can only multi-client if you go out of your way to download a third party program, making it more exclusive. This encourages leeching your own character and inhibits party play at the higher levels due to bishops already receiving the HS boost due to partying with themselves. Kind of defeats the purpose of party play, and breaks what maplestory's creators were trying to do with Holy Symbol/Bishops

I was under the impression that most of the players on this server frowned upon the leech mentality rampant in other servers and encouraged active play to gain levels no matter the class you're playing. I guess I was wrong. Huge de-motivator, probably won't be playing here much anymore if thats the personality type thats accepted/encouraged/successful here.

I dunno, i'm moreso on about how bishops get to pick and choose who receives an astounding amount more %/hr and eventually reaches 120 first, therefore getting a leg up on the large amount of EXP boss monsters require, and therefore more levels on the front-end. Doesn't sound like 'competitive' gameplay to me. Sounds like a circlejerk.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    If a bishop choosing to help his/her friends out with levels over strangers annoys you, I guess the entire game is a "circlejerk" because people usually party up with their friends. Just because partying with a bishop at skeles gives a big EXP advantage shouldn't make the scenario any different. You been playing the game long enough, you know the classes well. I don't know why people make certain decisions and then whine about it later on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    "Whether this choice be monetarily based or friendship based, it should remain the bishops right to choose who he or she parties with so long as 'leeching' remains a game mechanic."

Learn to read before responding to my posts next time. Excerpt is taken from my upper post which contained my opinion on one of the many ways this inequality situation can be remedied. Did you even read that post? Most likely not, as you attacked what you (falsely) perceived to be my personal beliefs with your use of the word 'you.' If you did read the post, than you lack reading comprehension (see excerpt). Perhaps the circlejerk comment rustled your jimmies a bit? Please refrain from misconstruing my posts and points with your spaghetti spilling misinterpretations, 'Noodles.' Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Cleaning all HHs grabs me around 37% in 1h. Just slightly better than skeles :<

• Like Like x 4
  18. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    lets make tot heppn pls i gt 200 fest and ditch bshops psl evryne sweegsgsdhs

but on a serious note, this is what every server will eventually turn into, but just expect it to continue rising in price LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Its funny when people go about hp washing their first char and expecting leech for free at high lvls because theyre broke( not directed to thread maker) , if you cant beat them, join them, make a mage > profit> fund attacking class> gg or whine. Only two options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    It is what it is right now skele is best place to train whether you're getting leeched or not this wouldn't be the first time this has been brought up, its been said in the past Magatia will be released before ToT and the very few 110+ ppl argued for ToT. GM's want magatia out first since majority of people are around that level(http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/wz-update-sneakpeak.3529/page-3). Since magatia isn't out yet there will still be some time for ToT i'm guessing so just make a bishop and embrace it :). #WeSeeTheFuture

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.