1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

In-active <Level than 11 removal

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Brice, Jul 16, 2015.

Should we have level level 11 or below characters removed after a period of time?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    9:47 AM
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Hi, I would like to suggest to have characters that have been inactive for over 90 days and are under level 11 to be removed.

Reason why?
    Because they might be carrying names (even though they have quit this game) that other people would like to carry around.

2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    8:47 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Just because an account is inactive for 90 days doesn't mean it's not used. People take breaks, have school, work. I disagree with this since the server is still quite young.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    3:47 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    As agravating as it is to no be able to get the name you want and see it on a low level character who doesn't play much I completely disagree.

People take breaks, people quit. Either way there's always a chance that they will come back and deleting their character is just unfair to them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Which is why we add a level 11 mark to it :) So if you don't wantto lose your acc. go get level 11.

5. Mellow

Mellow Red Snail

Jul 5, 2015
    12:47 AM
    I don't believe it's necessary yet for the number of members that the server has.

I joined recently and was able to grab plenty of decent names that are real words. There are so many good names that aren't taken yet and just because another player has one that you want, it doesn't mean that they have to give it up for not currently using it. Name wipes should only happen when it's absolutely necessary because if players return to the game with their accounts wiped, it could cause complications and complaints toward staff. Blaming players for being inactive for three months on a young server seems a bit unreasonable since people could be on vacation right now, focusing on school, or taking a break. For now, it's better to focus on keeping old and current players while attracting new ones!

• Like Like x 1
  6. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    12:47 AM
    Well, I agree that people shouldn't be allowed to hold a name indefinitely. If you want a name and it conflicts with someone who just has a level 10 or below that has been inactive for a long period of time, I think it'd be fine to relinquish them of that name. It would just need to be done by a GM on a case by case basis. Outright removal I think would be way too problematic.

7. Animate

Animate Timer

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Donut
    I/L Mage
    JSquad
    In summary: no.

8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I'd say in a year remove them. Since people save ign's for new chars etc.

In a years time sweep the ones without active chars on the account?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    I really really don't see the point of keeping characters that are not staying anyway. I understand that they might be on vacations etc. But those people would at least go past level 11.

10. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    What IGN do you want?

11. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Link and Ishida are two names I tried but found that they're used by someone else that haven't leveled since the last time I checked. I'm sure others face this problem as well.

12. Spusious

Spusious Slime

Jun 30, 2015
    Male
    I will never understand why so many people are so eager to go for all these generic overused "names" that arent even names but instead adjectives and adverbs. Where is the originality and creativity? Why does noone come up with a unique name for themselfs?

I am generally curious as to why everybody wants to be known as another "love" "fearless" "faithful" "joyful" "magnificent" "Wrath" These are just some names i can think of right now, and i've seen them a million times in a variety of games. Is it ultimately just a way to fit in easier?

Can someone shed some light on this?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    2:47 AM
    It's nice to have a simple name sometimes. For example, mine is pretty simple but it has some meaning to it. As a result, I made another character named Reaction to complement this. Maybe some people just want characters with IGNs that correspond (such as Happiness and Torment, or something along those lines).
    That's why I usually like to have simple names.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    well, If theyre taken, it doesn't give GMs or anyone the right to take them just because the claimed them first, unless they have been inactive for a considerable amount of time. I understand your feels though, it sucks. But as usual, its first come first serve. I wanted the IGN "Flow" for my NightLord but it was taken, so I went with Aero.

Eventually, I'm sure they will clean the server of all inactive ign's. In a few months or a year etc... It should happen. "Should".

15. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Do you want your son to be called Eagerboy12 in real life or (insert random name) Mike? I rather have a name that fits my likings than a name that I chose out of desperation because everything is used already. I know that's an extreme example because this server only tops like 300 ppl on at most? Even though I'm not being completely serious. My point is that there's no point in keeping names that won't be used anyway.

16. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    You're now discussing child names in comparisson to avatar names? There's no disability to child names, which you can choose whatever you want. But the fact that the server hasn't even been up for long and you're asking for a server wide sweep of inactives already is stupid, (in my opinion). When the server has ran for a longer period, as Aero has said then maybe Kim or Navi will decide to sweep the database of inactives because it helps the server. But right now, I see no reason for it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Woah woah chill there I said I wasn't serious. So don't take it that way.

18. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    We are currently considering including an option with the coming release of the name changer for players who want to use a currently taken name. It will work in the same way as the regular name change, and they would be able to obtain the rights to the name if the taken name is owned by a character level 6 or under and that is on an account that has neither logged in nor voted in over 3 months. The character currently owning the rights to the name would then have his/her name changed to include a random series of numbers/letters at the end of the original name. I have no intention of deleting inactive characters, but think that this could be an option for players who desperately want to use something that is currently taken by an inactive character. Any thoughts or concerns?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:47 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh cmon guys. Level 11 is stupidly easy to get to in this game. If someone takes a name but then gets so bored and unmotivated that they can't even get off of maple island, they really don't deserve to keep it. Also, it's only like 1 or 2 hours of playtime tops.

But I think the overall activity and "level" should be decided by all characters on that account though. For example if you have a high level character on an account, who then made a new character but never played it or simply kept it as a mule, it isn't deleted.

20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:47 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I think someone who came back to that char if they ever did would find it unfair that someone paid to "steal" his IGN.

• Like Like x 3