1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some feedback in regards to the gacha revamp

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Autoassemble, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    6:53 PM
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    Really like that idea !!!

2. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    A meso sink really needs to be implemented. There was a great opportunity with Smega's, but they were thrown in Gachapon's aswell. The example with gachapon tickets that SwortArt gave would perhaps work. Get things out of the cash shop and put them up for sale in mesos from an NPC.

3. Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Amore
    Hermit
    Easily said by someone who joined in January and had enough time to obtain enough scrolls and good equips before shit hit the fan.
    MapleF10

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Server is up since 1st of April. Every bit of effort before that has been wiped. Which was the only wipe ML will ever have.

5. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Rip Wipe Hype FeelsBadMan

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    12:53 PM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Didn't say anything about pirates fam <3 quit projecting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    9:53 AM
    Warrior
    Regardless, not many people play pirates. If you recall pirates weren't even supposed to come out; specifically gunslinger because it had a gun and MS wanted to stay rated as E. A major problem i see is that this community has it's own community.

8. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    5:53 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Whatever you are smoking, you should share it man.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    12:53 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    [​IMG]

I agree something should be done to make scrolls more accessible. Or at least balance the ones that are in a great abundance (wand 60%s, for example).

10. Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Amore
    Hermit
    April** then. Same point though. :p

11. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    9:53 AM
    Warrior
    Smokin some great daabs of roughly 85% concentrates. I'd love to share! BUUUUT I don't think you and your little kiddy friends can hang though. </3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:53 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You didn't specifically say anything about pirates, but your statement implied that limiting access of scrolls to certain OP classes was a way to help curb their power and keep them balanced. The problem is, when you look at how things actually work in the game, it's classes like bowmasters and pirates who are lacking an ability to farm their 30% weapon scrolls.

13. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    FeelsBadMan

14. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    To make any of the suggestions worth something gachapon can't be a cheap dispenser of end-game gear. For example, what's the point of hunting for a particular scroll, if gachapon just throws so many in game/market. The supply and high usage of Mushroom Shrine before Leap were ultimately flooding the market with all kinds of scrolls and items. Scrolls and items that should be an achievement to get, but all they gave you were an "Oh, I can sell that for some quick mesos.". A thread made way back was (rightfully) stating how everyone uses the same equipments, only found in gachapon. Because these items are so good, they shouldn't come as cheap as they did. There are plenty of alternatives, but if you want to play on a character with only your main AP maxed, it's going to be at a cost.

Comparable scrolls should have the same availability. If one class can hunt for a 30% weapon/magic attack scroll, so should any other class be able to do just that. I fully agree on this, but I'm not sure if we should add the non-existing ones, or get rid of the currently dropping ones. Making things farmable will always make it easier for certain classes, and not every location is as good. On the other hand, it's still better to reward people from playing the game than just voting and luck.

I believe new content gives us the freedom to create new ways of obtaining old things. In the end, we're aiming to be a v.62 server. I can't see how Timeless/Reverse weapons, Naricain Pendants... would fit in. They make what used to be the best obsolete and stray us away of our main goal. However, I do welcome the new content and see them as opportunities to encourage people to play by rewarding some of the good items.

Gachapon has literally destroyed the game as being one of it's first pay-to-win features. By also giving it that ultimate use-to-win status here, would destroy big parts of the game. In my opinion, gachapon should be lottery. Something that rarely gives you that big shortcut in game.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  15. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    7:53 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I agree there fore items like masks pac bwg chaos and white scrolls should stay at the lottary format. How ever the scrolls are the main issue. Every 30% jumped by 200% (At least) since revamp...
    Making it extrimly un fair to non complete players agiant old proes.
    I believe low rate drops will make this scrolling problme better and the suffering classes happier (not easier).

16. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    This would have been a fine strategy, I really believe that. But right now people already have all those items, and new people getting into the game will find it really hard to match the level of items and funding that people have who started right from the start, who have all the good items and had good opportunities to scroll items and weapons quite easily with the supply mushroom shrine gave.

Then again, this change could have been implemented without any issue, if there would have been a direct replacement of getting those items and scrolls somewhere else in the game if you put in effort. If it's a really low rate lottery, only the highest funded people will buy up all the supply and the prices will remain high.

People that were planning on buying certain gear, waiting for them to appear in the already small free market, suddenly don't have the funds to buy them, and this is a very demotivating thing. I was planning on buying some scrolled gear myself, but prices blew up, which makes me unable to buy any decent gear, while giving the people that have 'abused' the mushroom shrine gachapon and scrolled items prior to the update such a huge advantage in gear and mesos. This is so demotivating for people trying to enter the game.

Of course people should have the advantage if they played for longer. But this is a natural process, and this only made the gap between old and new players that much bigger. Also, the lack of any kind of meso sink is only making this worse.

• Like Like x 4
  17. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Imma just throw a quick few ideas out there which, for those of you who are more educated, can perhaps expand upon;

- Replace gacha with lottery, based on tickets per level. E.G 10 levels gives 1 ticket, someone level 170 would be able to get 17 tickets. - Idea needs polishing up to become balanced, however the idea stays the same as Gacha, except that instead of costing NX everyone gets a ticket, dependant on their level. This makes people want to level.

Only 1 claim per person per IP in order to prevent abuse.

Resets weekly, different towns still give diff items. (If you don't want to level, don't cry about getting less gachapon items? You won't need them as you're not high enough level to wear them, whereas if you're going to be leveling, then you're going to be getting something for your hard work and effort!)

- AP resets (NOT INT FOR NON-MAGE CLASSES) for mesos. Let's say 1 non-int non-mage AP reset = 2.5m - This just allows people to change build, try out new builds, see what works best for them without having to wait 90 days/create a new char. It also doesn't make HP washing easier. > Expanding on that, even making an INT non-mage reset at 10m would be a good idea, as again, you CAN infact wash with mesos since NX is only obtained through voting.

The main problem with Gachapon, AP resets, whatever else which costs NX*, is the fact that NX is solely based on 5k per day.

Since mesos ARE the primary currency of MapleLegends, (stuff normally you can buy with NX, say on GMS etc) Then shouldn't the primary currency be the mesos themselves, as opposed to NX which is untradable.

Scrap the idea of NX gachapon, NX AP resets, why don't we make mesos worth more than just potions and bragging rights?

You don't want to make HP washing easier, imo AFK voting for 90 days, as opposed to working your ass off to farm enough mesos to buy 100 AP resets for 10m each (costing 1B in total) is a lot harder than AFK voting for 90 days.

You don't see people on here saying "S> NX 1:9" because it's untradable, the gachapon items (which are tradable) are obtained from untradable NX, so let's make Gachapon based on something else instead? E.G levels or mesos.

NX will still have a value, the same as now, which is to say NOTHING( as it's untradeable), however Gachapon will still exist, ppl will still get items, just it depends on how much time you've spent leveling as opposed to how many times you have logged onto website and voted.

/Hardwork pays off.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    While your idea is to add AP resets (and other?) for mesos, you still want them to be untradable though, right? Example, one can not just buy an AP reset from Cash Shop to trade with someone for mesos.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Yeah, same untradable stuff, but people can spend mesos on AP resets. - Not cheap though, kind of expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.