1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is harder than it was at the beginning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwine, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    9:22 AM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    NikkiNikki brings this up rather belligerently in the "refund franco" thread and so I'm afraid it won't get the proper respect it deserves there, but point #1 is pretty important. This statement applies to not just int gear, but other scrolls as well.

Players asked here to return the rates to what they were, and while they were raised, they are not what they were before.

This is incredibly unfair to new players, current and future. Many people that were around before the gach revamp now have gear worth hundreds of millions to billions for the sole reason that they were around when shrine gacha was spitting out godly scrolls every other ticket. Frankly, I don't see how new players can ever catch up. You will be incredibly hard pressed see another set of 30+tma earrings, 25int bathrobes, +7 shields, 165+tma elemental wands, +7 dex bottoms, nice WA pink capes, created ever again with the scroll supply as I saw it a week ago. (offered 300m for chaos scroll just before I quit, was declined FeelsBadMan)

The potential of every server lies with how easily it can attract new players. But as it is now, if I were a new, competitive player I wouldn't give Legends a second thought because I would know it would be practically impossible to catch up with the old money.

Sadly, I agree with nikki that there could have been more "economic plan or foresight prior to release". Everyone has the right to start on the same playing field, and that is no longer the case. As it stands now, lest alienate new players, return the rates to what they were before. Unless you wanna wipe the server Kappa

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:22 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Well I suck, so I'm fine with a server wipe Kappa

• Like Like x 2
  3. Poppi

Poppi Capt. Latanica

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    3:22 PM
    Shiba
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Server wipe hype KappaRoss

• Like Like x 3
  4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:22 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I don t have my gear anymore so who cares KappaPride

• Like Like x 3
  5. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    2:22 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
  6. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Well this conversation is going in the right direction Kappa

• Like Like x 8
  7. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    I don't know... I'm still gonna become #1 NL gear or not, and I'm new ;^^)

In all seriousness, I do see what you mean. I didn't know the drop rates were higher before o:

8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    8:22 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Wipe HYPE :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Sorry FreddychanyoFreddychanyo, as nice it is to see optimisim, you won't even get close.

The top guys here have had a chance to throw chaos scrolls on dozens of pink capes, throw dozens of 30's on claws when claw30's were 5m ea, throw dozens of 30s on dozens of BWGs when BWGs were everywhere and GFA30 were 3m each. You my friend, won't get that chance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    OnionDead

11. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    8:22 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Nah, he can do it!!@!@! We must remember that the MapleLegends staff attempts above all else to provide the utmost consistency in both decision making and gameplay Kappa

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is how it even goes for official games. Good example out of my head right now would be Sonic Runners which was on mobile phone. During their beta period they gave everyone 50 red rings everytime you would complete a zone. This was changed to 5 at the release of the game and all the data was kept.

Any official game has nerfs and buffs and even the MapleStory official server is a fantastic example for this. Everything before big bang is now totally worthless.

That being said all the things that Legends currently has may or may not be final and changes can always still happen.

EDIT: Re-wrote it a bit.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    2:22 PM
    Cohort
    Thief
    People come and go, people quit - people join.
    The server has its ups and downs, for example (don't hate me for this) MapleR*****, had multiple DDOS for years, dupers, hackers, rollbacks to infinity. Yet they maintained wipe free.
    For every game to be successful no matter how hard it is, it has to stay online. Even though it may have some ups and downs, its what actually binds us together as a community.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Well Kimberly, I don't think your official GMS comparison applies here. GMS is the case where old content becomes obsolete. And while this has its own negatives, that actually is probably better for longevity than a server where new content is worthless. GMS never had problem getting new players because at any time you could jump in, blow some cash, and be competitive (could be over-exaggerating, but you get the gist). What I'm saying is that in a server where new players can't catch-up to old players, new players can't find motivation to play.

Alright, the wipe thing was obviously a Kappa, sorry if the Kappa wasn't clearer. There is no need for a wipe on legends. However, to get the facts straight, Royals wiped in September of 2013 because 1) they decided to convert from 10x->4x exp and 2) they went through a gach revamp where chaos/white scrolls were no longer being handed out at extreme rates.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    Well I joined at the end of the mushroomshrine gach era and I just got a few gach sessions from there and here is my view:
    I don't really mind that player who have played since start will have better gear, that's how it usually goes. I mean...we are all on the same page now and while I'll probably never get some super god gear that the old schoolers have I'm still having fun, the rest doesn't matter to much to me.

That being said, if scrolls would be more easily obtained it would be lovely since I'm really struggling to afford certain scrolls.

The thing that discourages me, if anything, is ppl duping or exploiting the game. It's just so unfair and frustrating to hear about that stuff when I work hard to earn my dear mesos.

16. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    First on this note id like to know where people got godly scrolls every other ticket because i personally put several hundreds into shrine pre nerf and for the most part it was like something good every 100 tickets

On this comment id also like to point out anyone CAN catch up to the new players there is a point where they cap out. There is a point where they will stop. It is not Impossible for new players to obtain the items and such old players have it may be HARDER but not IMPOSSIBLE so saying new players cant catch up to old players is silly because its always possible its the point of motivation. Sure it may take more time but it isnt impossible. I personally like the new gacha because before almost every other gacha had no purpose which wasnt the intent of the concept they brought something new to the table which balances out the market ( had the old market not been kept ) however the reality is eventually it will balance out and more importantly again its not impossible. What i dont understand is why every other day there is some sort of new complaint for maplelegends. The staff is doing every thing in their power to make this as great of a game as they can. You want to talk about a lack of motivation id say people constantly negatively commenting on almost everything they do will be what cuts motivation but again thats just my two cents so anyone can take that as they will.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This line apply for (new) users as well as the staff members.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    The stuff you were getting, while crap at the time, are now worth gold. That is the problem. Bot dex70, shield ma70, shield wa70, oa int30, oa luk30, ear int30, oa str30, oa dex30 may not have been "good" back then, but they are worth a small fortune now. And I know you weren't getting those 1 out of every 100 tickets.

You are missing the point of my post. Of course it is possible to catch up, and of course it should be harder to do so. What I'm saying is that it is disproportionally harder because fundamentals have changed.

19. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    I don't mean any offense in any way, but you are what I would categorize as a "casual" player. You don't care to be at the top, and you don't care to be the best at crushing the market. You want to have a good time and chill out, and that's perfectly fine.

However, the other category of players is the competitive player. The competitive player is a try-hard, and wants his/her efforts to lead to results. These are the players that move the market, scroll godly items, and keep the game competitive. Maplelegends will have trouble getting these types of players.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    i understand what you are saying i think with that, however i mean if you want to get right down to it that could be said for almost any fresh game of anytime as well as this one considering beta players got extra benefits however the server still saw a massive influx of constant players even today afte the server officially released.