1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    1:48 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    Well, it looks like everyone basically covered all the key points I would have suggested. I voted B for only one reason: MapleLegends still needs a larger playerbase. If you strip away the easiest and probably the only reason people vote in the first place, you miss out on the potential new players willing to join the server. It's a trade off between being an attractive server and pleasing the current playerbase. If I had the option to vote for two choices, A2 would be my other selection. I still believe that tweaking the rates should resolve the primary issue of the server's limited scroll supply.

"Hmm.. This server doesn't have that many votes. It also isn't even that high ranked. Maybe I'll try another one first." - Basically what I'm hoping to avoid.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    10:48 AM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Please don't give examples you have no idea about. They both leveled to level 200 before 4th job came out.

Your other points make sense but this is a misconception.

3. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    11:48 AM
    I am voting A2 because I think people need an incentive to OPQ/PPQ.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project

I don't know either this is a fake video or this is a bishop recording him hitting 200.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    He didn't lvl with int gear what a scrub :whistling:

• Like Like x 6
  6. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I guess 4rd job was released right before he hit 200 because the closest bishop was like 15 levels off.

Dragon knight was one of the strongest 3rd job classes and he leveled most of them with only 3rd job available. So my point stays the same. Priest 3rd job was really bad for late game leveling at that point in time.

http://i148.***/albums/s33/Shockycat/YES.png
    This is the image of when he hit 200. As you can see only other warriors and NL's come close. Which were the 2 strongest jobs in 3rd job.

Edit: Found some sources and 4th job was released 2 months before he made 200.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Fair enough. Still doesn't change my point though.

8. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    This is the first sensible post in the thread.

9. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    3:48 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Another mid level player talking out of his ass when it comes to upper level game play and is unaware of what has happened. A solo did occur. When it comes to zak, project wastes little to no pots at all. Other dks dont zerk because they cant due to no wash, or dont due to lack of skill. Any attacker can do the same amount a mage can. "Where one is weak is where another is strong" fits maplestory perfectly. As losj said, tell me, why wasnt the #1 players on both ems and gms mages? Because 4th job wasnt out? Mages were all excellent grinders at 3rd job. Before 4th job, dks were supreme in nearly everything, why didnt we nerf them? Just because one class does something better than the other doesnt mean it should be nerfed.
    Arch mages leveled nicely at 3rd job as well,but none are in the top5. Priests had hs which attracts many training partners to grind with them and yet the closest one was 15 levels off? Sounds like it was the player and not the class to me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Never said they were bad, but in terms of leveling DK's and NL"s had the edge. Priests do attrack training partners, but since they didn't really kill anything the exp is always reduced to leech amount of exp.

It's not the point I was trying to make anyway. Like I said, I agree with the other point Losj made.

11. Novitorg

Novitorg Red Snail

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    2:48 AM
    I/L Mage
    Legends
    what if .-. you guys make the gachapon tikets have a monthtly limit per person to buy? and also been dropped by mobs , bosses and special events with a fairly decent drop rate? that way we could still be saving some nx and have some spare to hp wash or other stuff and also have the need to still save some to get the tikets no? o-o and by them to be dropped by mobs would mean that a newbie would have the chance either to fund or make some meso in early stages its just a suggestion cuz either way if its voted to remove gacha its gonna be a massive change already, and also i agree with the girl that made the comment on the junk on gacha if u keep it at least give more potions or ores cuz honestly a tiket for just 1 elixir ? i rather go farm them at wraiths -.-

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Actually, I've decided to remove the second thread for now. Instead, I want results of this one first, apply it, then if things still need change bring up the other post. So for now this is the only thread again. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    Good decision / btw was wondering why opened 2nd Thread
    Gj

14. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    4:48 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Have you tried farming on a crusader? Do you know how many time you actually use the skill slash blast to it's full potential? Almost never. It has the ability to hit 6 enemies, but you're usually hitting 3-4. Certain maps, you average less then that. Do you know how many times you utilize your map movement with a 3rd job Sin and your total damage? All of the time, unless you don't know how to play one. Do you know how many times you utilize double throw? All of the time, because it's single target dps. I recall being ksed by Hermits because of their ability to move across the map at crimsonwood mountain lower ascent. The only place I could go where they couldn't was on elderwraiths (The Evil Dead), dreamy ghosts, anything that did a lot of damage except for newts, since I've seen bowman and thieves training there since they have ranged attacks. I also want to see you farm just as fast as Bishops do on skeles. This, I HAVE to see. You're going to lose to bishops on almost any vertical map.

15. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Want to make it fair? Don't allow people to farm gacha tickets off of mobs. I would rather do jump quests since the only people who will have experience on it, are the ones who actually play the game and know how to use their character. Obviously movement speed and jump reduces to 100%, no mounts, and no skills that add movement. I'm just saying that it would be the fairest way. I fail to see how people can't do the zakum jump quest. It's perhaps the easiest jump quest in the game unless you count the one to get to crimsonwood mountain lower ascent. Aka the one in the valley of the heros (heroes, I don't recall if there's an e or not) map. I'm not saying make all of the classes act the exact same (That's what the actual Maplestory seems to have done to the game). I'm stating the game is imbalanced according to drops/xp rates. I won't be able to mob very efficiently until I have rush @ 120...

16. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I voted A2, and I have no real problem with farmable items, as long as the GMs are careful with the implementation as I'm sure they will be. For example, I don't think some of the most highly valued items like Pacs should be available from just any random monster, because then you can just get guilds hogging all 4 channels of a map to have complete control over an item (there's evidence this could happen; early in the server's life most ghost ship maps would be hogged by one or two guilds transferring the map between players when one had to leave). for any scrolls, I don't have a problem with them being farmable because there are already many valuable scrolls that aren't farmed to death like helm dex 60s from master chronos.

And if you think farming/mobbing is imbalanced, well... deal with it. That's how the game is.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    This video is LEGITIMATE (aka the name of my guild in Broa in GMS when I had one for the longest time). I recall seeing it a long time ago. The players in GMS did not hit 200 until after 4th job came out. They were all passed 120 when 4th came out though. I do recall a time when Korwyn was ahead but then there were rumors that Korwyn got hacked by Fangblade. Korwyn was 8 seniors ahead of me, I played very hardcore and didn't take leech at all until we had a RB (actually we had two in Broa) after I had trained and leveled a few times on Newts since it was before the big bang patch. I had a dexless lvl 80 crusader at the time. I had made several characters because I hated having 80 base dex on my highest character. I still managed to get to around 114-117 before the big bang patch actually launched. I played and hit 4th job on my own after the big bang patch, and I had brandish at third job. I recall using brandish at 4th soloing Zakum, but this was because there was a rumor that Intrepid Slash had a longer delay (false) then brandish. Eventually these skills went down one job (brandish at 2nd. intrepid slash at 3rd, Raging blow for 4th job). Pretty soon normal mobs were damn near useless and everything became so goddamn pay2win and that the game felt more like a task and there ended up being too much shit I wanted to accomplish. Anyway, after hitting around 206 I ended up getting bored of not having any real goals to hit or reasons to hit them.

18. Loon

Loon Slime

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Krypton, Oink
    Better start grinding lol

19. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    HS doesn't mean shit if you can't boss @ 3rd job very well or if you're not doing the most damage. Back then the xp sharing was even wasn't it? Or was this the 60/40 times or 80/20? When I say 60/40 I mean 60% for the person who did more damage and 40% for the person who did the least amount of damage. This is how Maplestory's xp sharing used to work. Did holy symbol even exist back then? If I recall Dragon Knights have a pretty OP skill called DRAGON ROAR. Perhaps if it didn't do so much damage, was super spammable, other classes could have come close. It was basically an ultimate before any other characters had Ultimates. I'm not even sure if this skill was around, but if it was, it would cause a large advantage for dark knights compared to other warriors and every other class in the game at the time. I don't think people remember this stuff. How do I remember it, but no one on this thread seems to remember.

20. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Say that to Crow that's always where dreamy ghosts spawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.