1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    5:34 PM
    The different options kind of confused me, but I chose A3 because I'd like to see tickets dropping from mobs, and rare/unique items from PQ's and such, to encourage team work.

If tickets were to drop from mobs I'd say the ability to purchase tickets from cash shop should be disabled, and make mobs the only way of farming tickets. Make it a low drop rate, but not too low. I think tickets being available from cash shop makes people save up their nx from votes to do a mass gacha run, instead of farming to get their tickets. So if tickets are disabled from purchase, we the players will be more encouraged to spend it on other things than mostly tickets, which is what many do.

I prefer hunting for my tickets than buying them in cash shop, just a personal perference.

There are also many items that are impossible to obtain in this server, that adding them to gachapon machines would be a good thing to do and positively affect the economy, and ease up ways of getting items. But, if an item is available somewhere, just hard to obtain, no need to also add it to the machines to make it easier. I'd say, add only items that are completely impossible to get in the game, to gacha machines. That way we dont miss out on anything, and when we know something we want comes from gacha machines, we will farm tickets to get it from there, etc. It could even be items like rare potions and such that you cant currently get. But they dont all have to be in gachapon machines, it could also be made event-unique, etc. Many ways to go at this.

2. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    11:34 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    #1 I didn't attack anyone personally when I said you would have to be about as dumb as a ton of bricks. I said farming/mobbing is not balanced between classes. The point I was trying to make was, you can't disagree with me on that because it is a FACT. Not sure if you even read that correctly the first time.
    #2, This guy is really getting on my nerves atm, I would never make the statement towards another player:
    "It just shows how utterly inept you are at the game and blinded by jealousy."
    Even if I thought it was true. If you want to play with fire, you're going to get burned... Unless you're fire... in which... the hotter flame will win?
    #3 Trust me, I was being nice, as nice as I could there.

3. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    11:34 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    1. As many other players have stated in the thread, they do not personally find that they are disadvantaged at farming as an attacker. That is their opinion, and so is yours, an opinion, not a fact. Just because you think something is a fact does not automatically make it true. Hence, calling anyone who disagrees with your opinion "as dumb as a ton of bricks" was sure to offend, and you knew it.

2. No, you do not have to fight fire with fire. Like they say, an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. Sometimes you may want to try to be the bigger person even if you feel like you have been slighted. And no, it also does not matter who started it.

3. Do not make things personal, that's all I am saying.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Fact: A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability—that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experiments or other means).
    ^ Straight from Wikipedia.
    I do believe nothing in a game is pure RnG because it's all generated. For instance Minecraft maps are "random", but if you know the seed, then you can generate the exact same world. People knew about this before they let you choose your seed.
    1. They don't find that they're at a disadvantage? This isn't finding anything. It's statistics. I can guarantee certain classes are better for certain maps. There is no denying this. It's not about what you think, it's about what you know. I know by the time you spam gen, you will have already killed more enemies that I will ever be able to kill in the same amount of time playing as a Hero. It may all be RnG but you can't deny what Math teaches us. If I throw a needle in a haystack and there are two people searching through two different instances of the same haystack. The person who finds the needle first is more likely to be the person who can get through the hay faster. This is probably a bad reference but when I said faster I am talking about removing the same amount of hay from an identical haystack. One person is removing five pieces at a time while the other person is only removing one hay at a time. This is a disadvantage, I want someone to prove to me it's not. The only possible answer/response I will get is, "It's all RnG".
    2. I think you mean an eye for an eye makes the world go blind, not exactly what I was talking about. I said I fight fire with fire. It's just the way I am. I respect others until they disrespect me.
    3. As I said, I was being "nice". There could have been a whole lot worse things I could have said.

5. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:34 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    From now on everyone who have already stated their opinion about the main topic and explained it, please go to private msges and dont reply here even if you want to, and dont reply to this msg aswell.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Except for the fact that a discussion about class balance and farming capability is NOT off topic when gachapon items will be added to monsters/bosses/PQ's/Whatsoever.

It may seem off-topic because it's not directly about gachapon, but since the idea most voted for is adding the items somewhere else in the game, a balance talk is also very important.

7. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Make the drop mostly come from ToT. This way you reward gameplay instead of rewarding afk players who vote every day. It will not be obtainable from everyone but the low level players can still get it from gach. This way players who are stuck at end game have a reason to do something again. At this point there is no reward for us players what so ever. I have all the skills I need, I have the best gear there is atm and there is no way to improve it currently.

It also lets players realize that you will get rewarded for being high level and being able to get items you need. If you are a low level player you do not deserve to farm end game items. Maybe my opinion is in the minority on this one but you can gamble away at low levels to get it. If low levels were to farm it it would just be over farmed like crazy.

You will never balance anything in this game no matter how hard you try. Let some people be able to farm more then others.
    I don't think it matters to much.

Haha Losj you are funny you are lv 170 and tell players they should not be allowed to farm chaos scrolls, white scrolls, and packs.
    Yea pretty much is what I am saying. I got here w/out godly items so I do not see why you need them to get here.
    NextNext is the perfect example of this. His gear is shit for what it could be but for what the server has it is the best.
    We are all looking for a way to get items instead of afk merching for 6 months before something finally happens.

10 ~ 15: Job Quest or Slime Tree
    Alternative: Henesys Hunting Ground 1, Stumps, Orbis Exchange

15 ~ 21: Line 1 <Area 1> or Henesys Hunting Ground 1
    Alternative: Forest Up North VII, Ant Tunnel

21 ~ 30: Kerning PQ or Land of Wild Boar 2
    Alternative: Forest Up North VII, Ant Tunnel

30 ~ 51: Carnival PQ
    Alternative: Terrance Hall (30 ~ 35), Cave of Evil Eye (30 ~ 40), Path of Time 2/3 (35 ~ 40), Path of Time 1 (40 ~ 51), Practice Field: Beginner (40 ~ 51), Camp 1

51 ~ 75: LMPQ (51 ~ 70),Ghost Ship 2, Forest of Golem or Voodoos
    Alternative: Ghost Ship 5, Forest of Dead Trees IV (level 51 - 60), Forgotten Path of Time <1>, Mysterious Path 3

75 ~ 95: MesoGear: Wolf Spider Cavern or Ulu Estate 2 (85 ~ 120)
    Alternative: Headless Horseman (75 ~ 115), Deep Sea Gorge II (80 ~ 95), Squids (90 ~ 95)

95 ~ 120: Encounter with the Buddha or Ulu Estate 2 ~ 3
    Alternative: Headless Horseman (75 ~ 115), Destroyed Dragon Nest (105 ~ 125)

120 ~ 200: The Dragon Nest Left Behind, Bigfoot or Temple of Time
    Alternative: Zakum (135 full exp), Twisted Paths, Papulatus, Forbidden Time, Krexel (135 full exp)

( Please do not link to other servers.)

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:34 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Attackers don't hp wash do they? Mages don't mp wash do they? Safety charms/smegas/nx cosmetics are not bought by anyone either, are they?

9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Every time I look at this thread all I see are new posts by Andyman that basically go like this.
    "PJSalt mages op PJSalt I can't grind PJSalt limit farming " PogChamp

• Like Like x 5
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Some don't nope. I don't see myself voting every day and using up all my NX on Safety charms/smegas/nx cosmetics. It's nice how you have a choice to either wash or try your luck with gach.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Except geniuses understand when they are wrong. Geniuses also don't make claims that they cannot prove. Stating that mages get things 5 times faster than attacker immediately blew any credibility i had for you on your knowledge of the late game. If they can farm faster, so be it. If you're competitive enough, you can beat them. You have to realize the mages are flawed as well. For example, had there been no attackers, how would they have gotten their books? You have to realize every class has pros and cons, and it seems everyone realizes this, but you. Still a genius? Why you do think everyone opposes you in this argument?If you believe you're right, prove it. Otherwise, don't make baseless claims.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Yes, but removing gach doesn't mean people would stop voting, it would mean that they would use it on the other available purchases I mentioned before. People gach because it's an option, not because it's the only thing to use their nx on (that's what andy said, the only thing). I don't agree with removing gachapon anyways, I want it to stay, but his argument was weak and I was pointing it out

• Like Like x 1
  13. Olive

Olive Slime

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Olive
    Priest
    High
    Could at least give gach tickets as rewards for being first or top 3 in gm events

14. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Well, you get nx. You can use that on gach tickets lol

15. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    +1

16. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Paladin
    ooh my guide made it here SlimeLaugh

• Like Like x 1
  17. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    9:34 AM
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    after thinking about it for awhile I would like Option A2,B. I still want to see the odds and payout of gach changed (more whites/chaos/pacs etc). But also still having a way to get tickets from gameplay. There will come a time where everyone will have a PAC and it will become just a matter of how good you can it get (it wasnt hard to get a PAC in GMS. even a 5atk. ) the challenge then becomes trying to scroll a perfect one. I'm finding this to be the case with stonetooth swords. They are currently not available for any sort of purchase in the fm. There arent even that many warriors over lvl 100 (i believe its ~60). Then you have to factor in the fact that not all 60 of those players use that based on class or build.

18. bunnykilla99

bunnykilla99 Slime

May 17, 2015
    Male
    PieGod
    Hermit
    FaerieCircle
    if you ask me gach should be just how it was back in v0.62
    if this is a v0.62 server then it should be as close to the original game as possible

19. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Oh my god. Please show me a Hero who's going to outkill a Bishop at Skeles. I really want to see this. Btw I said they kill probably kill ABOUT 5 times as fast. The fastest way for me to prove this is if I use a higher rate xp server. I would do this just to prove my point, since leveling a Bishop/Hero to the same levels is going to take much more time. I have spent time in GMS ksing people who tried to take my map several times their on other characters besides my warrior. The Bishop would have to be extremely lazy or do almost no damage. I would most definitely want to see them do it at different levels to see what it would take for a Hero to outkill a Bishop at this map. Even if you're using a mount, it's not going to help you much. Assuming for certain Bishops (2 hits for skeles with Genesis) and let's say one hit for a Hero (With Brandish). I really don't think An AOE Ultimate on a vertical map can be out killed by a Hero using Brandish + Rush on enemies. Can you please show me a video where someone is actually beating a Bishop killing skeles. I'm sure you're saying "Well that's not the only map in the game", or that's just "one example". To find the total number killed would be somewant difficult but you could get an estimate. Since their are two types of skeles that spawn, I would have to level my mage to a 120 + Bishop and level my Crusader from 97 to a Hero, and then I can actually test my theory. I don't think I will be too far off. Don't forget I have around 8 years in Maple (minus breaks and stuff).
    Not only this, my statement does stand true. At the beginning of the game aka (Warriors/Thieves/Bowman/Mages/Pirates and especially the Beginners) are not going to be able to target as well as an end-game mage. You have just suggested that they would be able to kill roughly 2 enemies before one gen? How many monsters does gen hit again? How about the other mages Ults? I think they would kill 5 times as fast as a beginner too. Even 3rd job characters would have a really tough time keeping up. Take a 4th job character to a 3rd job character area and say goodbye to "all of the enemies". Let's say wolf spiders. Do you honestly think I could keep up on my Crusader compared to a 4th job Mage here? I would have a better chance trying to outkill one of the other 4th job characters like a Bowmaster or Marksman. Another map to consider where the Dreamy Ghosts spawn (Yes I call them by their Global name because I prefer to call them by it since I'm from Global and that's what I referred to them as there). Again, a map designed for warriors and for priests to train together at.

Certain classes was the BASE word here, I didn't state ALL classes. There's a HUGE difference between those two words. I just proved myself correct yet again from someone who didn't understand what I typed...

20. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Then we should allow people to get bigfoot leech too then. Then we should revert to all of the scrolls being in shrine and having that place the best place to gachapon again (for scrolls at least). The whole point of changing Gachapon was because no one gached anywhere else (not sure how this was a problem though).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.