1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    9:59 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    In no way was I attempting to personally insult you. I was just letting you know that you are advocating a monopoly and was asking you whether you knew what a monopoly is or not. I was asking you this because I was attempting to figure out if you were supporting this idea ignorantly or if you were supporting it because it is in your rational best interest to.

Either way, the support of it is a bit juvenile. It either comes from a place of inexperience regarding economic systems, or selfishness. I cannot and will not respect either position, as they do not deserve respect. Selfishness in real life is respectable imo, but not in a silly game like this :p The goal should be equality, here.

I did not say you said that we should limit the possibility to get good things. I said that you (and others that not surprisingly all grind high level monsters alot) are advocating we limit the ability to obtain 'highvalueitems' to high level monsters/boss monsters. This limits opportunity.

I'm saying that a bishop should be able to kill the 15 mobs at once with one skill, but they should not be able to do it in the pursuit of obtaining high value items in any other way than they currently can, which is by gathering the largest amount of mesos/npcable equips possible in the game.

2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:59 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    welp guys, looks like Chaos Scrolls are going to drop from HHG1 mobs in the future PogChampPogChampPogChamp

3. Jas

Jas Horny Mushroom

Jun 16, 2015
    Female
    The6ix
    10:59 AM
    Hawt
    Buccaneer
    Descendants*
    (I honestly couldn't be assed to read every single post on this thread but some points stood out to me.)

As someone who didn't start at the beginning of the server. I just put the time in when I can and I chose my classes to better use my time and my enjoyment of the game.

The fact is catering to 'new players' is good and grand but you can't forget that most of the people that play this server everyday religious are in fact higher lvl. 120+ 130+ 140+

My opinion is that scrolls can drop from whatever mobs you see fit. It doesn't matter if it's low level or high level they'll be farmed if people put in the time to farm. Maple is essentially a Time to Win game. If you have/make time you level more.

I created a bishop because I know that I'm ot great at merching. But now I have a Bucc which will be one of my final end game chars. Its a choice to make whatever character you make. If you chose to make an attakcker you're better at taking down bosses than a mage would be. There are items scrolls that drop only from bosses. You know what I'm not going to do on my bishop? Try to Solo Manon or griffey or dodo. So while you main deem it 'unfair' that classes farm better than others. You made the choice when you chose that class. They all have different benefits.

:T

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    A lot of this was filler so i'm just going to go ahead and address some of the points that are related to the thread.

-ToT drops are not that bad, the EXP is. I agree with you, EXP at ToT should be raised to rival that of Skeles. Buffing drops at ToT is simply a bad idea relating to equality, though, as they currently already drop a high amount of mesos and npcable equips in relation to low lvls. More mesos and NPCable equips should be dropped from higher lvl monsters, and are value that can be used to buy things in the FM that have been obtained with Gachapon or 'InsertFarmingMethodHere.' We absolutely cannot make it so that high levels can have their cake and eat it too.

-Making a new character does influence server growth as it provides actual new players with the belief that there are other low leveled players playing alongside them. It also makes PQs more crowded, providing more leveling options for said new players. It also helps server growth by way of limiting inequality that only gets bigger with 'have your cake and eat it too' high level training areas.

-Selling Zakum helmets, while being an example of another market high leveled players have a monopoly over (and rightfully so, that is something they have worked for), does not encourage server growth. If anything, you guys gouging players many mils for helms/skills limits the ability of them to buy other highvalueitems.. you know.. the ones that you guys want all of so that you can continue to improve your already good gear.. what this is all about :confused:

-Contrarily to your opinion, in the equality sense, my idea makes the most sense and is also the most radical/selfless in terms of what, as a high leveled player with only one character, I am willing to give up for equality. Logically no, farming low level monsters to obtain 'highvalueitems' does not make sense. But we are trying to provide the most equality possible within a formerly P2W game that has deep rooted inequality systems like Gachapon and Bishop/Archmage ultimates. This is the only way that I can think of that pushes equality, limits ultimate farming, and weakens the time2win factor gachapon introduces.

The part that pushes it over the 'yes, lets do this' edge for me is that it will fill lower level areas and PQs. This is what old school maple story was. It was clicking into PQs, it was grinding '999' quests at Ant Tunnel with many characters. It was not 50 or less dedicated players playing 1 character and fighting with eachother over 4 OP skele maps

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    This. Adding scrolls to ToT would most definitely keep players who have been around awhile stay around. It will also lower the price of scrolls since players can grind for the scrolls and there will be more scrolls in the economy. Then again, one could argue that none of them would be getting sold and be getting used instead aka Monopoly. As long as players can trade with other players, a Monopoly will exist unless you make exchange limits (Like Runescape did with all of the items in the game). No one liked the game as much after that though.

6. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Economically (not logically, of course, but this game shouldn't be judged logically but rather economically because both [ridiculous] Gachapon items and a Free Market exist), putting those drops in lvl 30-100 training areas is less 'stupid' than putting them in lvl 100+ grinding areas which already drop a large amount of the mesos/'npcable equips that provide mesos' circulating.

7. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I think there's a balance to be found here. ToT mobs should drop some of the more exclusive end game items because, well, ToT is endgame (or at least it should be, apparently skeles 108-200 is the way to go). the 30/70 scrolls should drop from whatever level mobs, just to make it normal like any other scroll. I think pq bosses could also give some of these scrolls, but not exclusively because that encourages people to just make characters within the level range to just farm the item. In addition, there are some mobs that deserve huge buffs in their drops like Crimson Guardians (which I've mentioned before but are perfect for some of the end game items like chaos scrolls). There shouldn't be perfect equality in the game - better weapons and items is obviously natural progression of any game. It makes simple sense that some of the strongest monsters you can train at will have some of the best items you can get. Besides, there are already opportunities for newer/lower level players to get some good items, such as the BWG exchange in showa that you can start doing as early as around lvl 40.

There's no need for that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I can definitely live with this compromise. But I do think that PQs/'Unfarmable by high level low level grinding rewards' should be scroll supply buffed a whole hell of a lot more so than monsters who already drop a high amount of mesos are scroll supply buffed.

9. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Higher levels wouldn't be going to a place to farm items to sell lol. That's what lower levels would do, since they have no need for the item when they get it. You already see this happening with lvl 40s getting PACs and PGCs and immediately selling them. Higher levels typically don't need to make money, as you have said many times higher level mobs drop much more mesos in terms of npc-able equips. They aren't looking to make money, but instead they want to actually get these items. Higher levels have a need for end game gear, lower levels just want them so that they can sell them to make money.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jas

Jas Horny Mushroom

Jun 16, 2015
    Female
    The6ix
    Hawt
    Buccaneer
    Descendants*
    I spent all this time making my cake, why can't I eat it?

• Like Like x 7
  11. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Eh, high levels still definitely do go to places to farm items to sell more than you'd think. Or at the very least they prefer places that drop multiple valuable items at once in addition to the one they're looking for. Other than that, yes of course the rest of your post is obvious fact.

Cause you only made one cake silly. Having it and eating it to would be consuming it twice, which is impossible. And should remain impossible.

12. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    4:59 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    even if you puke it up and eat it again ? Keepo
    ^its not impossible doe

13. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    ToT mobs rarely drop equips. Can confirm this. Iv been farming there for over 30 hours (before spawn buff included) and rarely get drops. Main reason is because you kill them slower and the map layout isn't great either compared to skeles, vikings, and other grind spots that are favorable down the line. Also Vikings good exp and drop ilbis / Dex earrings 60%. This "Issue" of getting High EXP value "and" drops is already a common thing. Same goes for Wolf Spiders but I are not going to make this list longer. You get my point.

Ok, every high level player makes a new character now. Game progress is dead now congrats. The players that still want to play there high level characters now can't do much because there is nobody to do things with. This is just pushing the issue to an other corner. PQ is already changed from 5 to 3 members so the issue about PQs not being active is already being dealt with in a different fashion.

A lot of new players are continuing to level because they do not have to struggle like we did (specially warriors. Andyman99999Andyman99999 can confirm accuracy benefits from this helmet) to obtain a helmet and it is a huge factor for them to get the helmet early on. Monopoly is a good thing and it will happen with every item no matter what you do. Monopoly was a huge factor for competing guilds to try and keep up with the competition like Aeon and Halcyon. This pushed many players on all sides including my self to get more levels and better gear.

Nobody wants equality on this part. You are not able to farm these items "yet" there for you are heavily against this idea. If you do not have the motivation and determination to reach the end is a "YOU" problem. Please do not try to drag us down with your issue. Also a lot of players who are high level have several characters at that level. FrancoFranco has several characters above 170, MMopQrsMMopQrs has several characters above 150, ShavedShaved has several characters above 150, AutoassembleAutoassemble also has several characters above 150. This shows that people who have the mind set to reach it can reach it several times yet other players do not? It is because they lack the motivation, determination and time to invest into this game. The majority of players agree that you should get rewarded for reaching the end game content. I do not want to see players obtain end game gear when they are level 80~100. If you want equality you should remove the levels from this game completely so everyone is equal. We have stats in this game like LionheartLionheart beautifully explained how we grow as a character. This growth should be stimulated so that more players have yet an other reason to keep playing.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    11:59 AM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Holy crap. People here need to step back and realize that not everything has to be farmed themselves. Adding drops to low level mobs doesn't mean you have to go out and make a new char over and over again to farm these scrolls. The idea is that they will naturally drop to players in the course of leveling and be put on the market for the higher levels to use.

Everyone seems to fixated on this idea that you have to farm everything yourself, because that's how it works now. Ideally we want an economy which has enough of whatever good that market forces can set reasonable prices on those goods. LosjLosj and NekoNeko need to understand that this is a MMO, and the multiplayer portion of that affects the grinding or bossing as well as the exchange of items.
    Like wtf is this... I don't even...

LionheartLionheart also argued:
    Which is wierd, last time I checked this was a Korean game, and was designed this way from the start. Unlike WoW for example, which has highly tiered and segmented equip categories, we have a linear progression of equips. There is no 'low level' market for those players to compete in.
    While it's true. They have less of a chance than older players, so I'm not sure why you're arguing this as if this is somehow leveling the playing field.
    The rest of LionheartLionheart 's post is basically all conjecture and fairly baseless, so I'll just reply to that part.

15. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    This post is silly and you should feel silly. I don't want to waste brainpower on breaking the entire thing down and explaining exactly why, so i'm pointing out a couple things.

1. monopolies are never good. period.
    2. 'game progress' is something that has been progressing rather quickly for some higher tiered players and slowing it down by providing more options would not be a bad thing
    3. I am able to farm almost any valuable item that I want in the game currently besides horntail items. Maybe not as quickly because my items/level aren't quite as complete as some other players and because I do not have a bishop, but I can. The ENTIRE post revolves around 'equality in farming,' which I just illustrated in point 3.
    if you do this I request both a video of the occurrence and the inclusion of pukey cake crumblies visible in your majestic neckbeard OnionGirlLove

Marry me OnionGirlLove

16. Jas

Jas Horny Mushroom

Jun 16, 2015
    Female
    The6ix
    Hawt
    Buccaneer
    Descendants*
    Except I made about three cakes. All of them are high level because I'm invested in eating a tasty frigging cake.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    3:59 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    You seem to misunderstand, people are not arguing about the idea that a lot of the missing scrolls in the market should be added as drops to low-mid teir mobs. The argument is about making end-game items and scrolls (such as white scroll, chaos scroll or pac) only available through end-game monsters rather than making all of these items be exclusively available through low teir monsters and pq's.

18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Protip: Use the value and experience you have amassed while making those cakes to buy more cakes from other players who are in search of value. Heck, attempt to control the price of the cakes you're purchasing, as you have both the demand and the value. If need be, make more cakes yourself!

The right cards seem to be in your hands, here.. :p

19. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    I have been playing a lot more mmo's than just maple so im pretty sure i know how they work (x wow/archage/tera/gw2/skyforge/wildstar & much much more~

is someone else going to farm that untradeable uber op endgame boss gear & other endgame stuffs for you ?... cuz welp thats not how it works in other mmo's last time i checked

• Like Like x 1
  20. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    1. You got TT and a helmet because of this.
    Nikki.jpg
    2. There is a difference between going there in Dark Sight and actually killing the mobs we are talking about here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.