1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Viruses on the MapleLegends thing

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by tiredfag, Jan 23, 2016.

1. tiredfag

tiredfag Red Snail

Jan 6, 2016
    10:01 PM
    Beginner
    Hi!

So, my Laptop just recently gave the fuck up on me (which I am kinda mad about) and it didn't really have a reason to so I thought that it might be because of the Virus that's in the Maplelegends folder because my Anti virus thing kept deleting Maplelegends from my computer and my dumb ass just kept allowing the virus to exist on my laptop. So.. basically has anyone elses computer and/or laptop die because of it? And is the Virus in the maplelegends folder even dangerous? Cause I really like this server and I wanna continue playing it, though I refuse to download it again if it is. Thanks, bye!

2. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    It is a false positive. The MapleLegends client is not a virus and even if it is. A simple Trojan Horse (type of virus) does not kill your laptop. Whatever made your laptop/computer stop working. It's either hardware, Operating system related, or a far far more dangerous virus.

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    tiredfag

tiredfag Red Snail

Jan 6, 2016
    Beginner
    Ah, kay! Thank you. I was really hoping that it wasn't because of ML.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If it was because of MapleLegends I think by now a lot more users would have warned other users about it, which is not the case. Also, a lot more virus scanners would detect it. This is our scan results: Click

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Yeah it sucks what has happend, but I can assure you it is not caused by maplelegends.

Are we still running on the 23 October 2015 client?
    (Basically my question is if I have the before christmas patch client, is this the same as the current download?)

6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with it these past few days. Even though I added the folder as an exception on my virus scanner (Bitdefender), it keeps deleting the .exe anyway.
    Luckily I got it backed up though on my Mediafire, so if anyone's fancying to re-download the .exe because they lost it; here you go:
    MapleLegends.exe

I think you mean December 23rd? I have one of December 23rd and December 21st, but they both seem to work. The one I linked above is the 21st one, because that one was included in the latest full installer.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I mean 23 October since in the link that Kim posted you can see the scan has been done 23 October. But I think the one from 23 Oktober is the same as the 23 December one...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I just did a re-scan and its apparently not only Defender that started detect our packer: click

Kinda annoying tbh since in end its all false positive.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
    Hello,
    sorry to hear about your laptop.

First of all, continuing to make the .exe an exception in your firewall/antivirus is indeed the right thing to do, (as mentioned before) it is a false alarm and the maplelegends files do not contain a virus of any kind.

Secondly if you would like some help with your laptop problems (be it maple-related or not), then by all means feel free to contact me here on this thread, or via private message.
    I shall be more than happy to help you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    3:01 PM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    yeah, i used to have norton and it kept deleting the folder. i switched to avast and everything seems fine

11. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I've just tried to reinstall this server on my new laptop which has windows 10, but I can't even install it.
    During the installation, I will get a popup that "windows defender has deleted harmful software", and when I check the folder, the exe is in fact missing. Does anyone know a solution?

12. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Windows defender falsely detects MapleLegends.exe as a virus. Here's how to add it as an exception so it won't delete it anymore:
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index...s-defender-microsoft-security-essential.6688/

And here you can download MapleLegends.exe again. Put this in your folder and run it to launch MapleLegends.
    Or just run the installer again. :)

• Like Like x 1