1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Pirate's double shot

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Prophet, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    9:24 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Right now Pirate's double shot is way too weak. At lvl 20, it does 80% x 2 of attack damage. By comparison, bowman's double shot does 130% x 2 of attack. Plus bows have higher base att than guns too. So I think pirates' double shot needs to be buffed to 110% x 2 like what's on bbb hiddenstreet.

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:24 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    but pirates double shot is muchhhh faster than archers double shot or thieves L7.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Even though it's faster, we're doing significantly less damage on each hit AND we don't ever get crit :(

4. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Pirates/gunners are known for their crappy first 3job adv srry but thats just how it is

5. OP
    OP
    Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Even more reason to give them a buff. Gunslingers have a hard enough time trying to lvl to 3rd job. And even harder trying to pq w/ no party skill and outclassed damage. For example, in the early lvl 40s, a lukless mage 5-6 lvls below me could do double my damage -_-
    Also, it's unviable to go str-less on this server due to lack of maple guns. This isn't a buff I'm asking as a favor, this is something that was patched in GMS pre big bang, and I think should be the case here too.

6. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Why pick a job if its to hard? U play it for fun not to @dpm at lvl 30

And what do you mean with no pq cuz no pt skill? Partyquest=Party you gotta finish it with a pt noone cares who deals dmg or has a skill all that matters is that you can end it

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  7. moopmoop

moopmoop Brown Teddy

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    America's Hat
    10:24 AM
    MoopMoop
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    The thing about corsairs is they're like carries in MOBAs
    Early game is rough but the end game payoff is some of the highest single target dps in the game.
    I do agree the early game of gunslingers is just awful, especially since other classes like bowmen and sins have decent early game dmg and get about the same late game dps boost.
    But Cozy is right, the speed of using double shot with booster standing still and being able to jump shot make gunslingers better than they appear imho
    Source: have outlaw, early game hit about as much as my hunter because of attack speed

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:24 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The thing about pirates is that say you're trying to do doubleshot in close quarters, but then you get mobbed. Then you can start doing somersault kick.

From the get go, they are like a hybrid/weird class, so there's no point expecting 100% equality from two skills that seem similar.

9. OP
    OP
    Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Of course people care who can deal damage in a pq. The more dmg = faster pq time = more exp/hr.

Maple isn't like a moba though, in mobas you don't have to play for months to reach endgame. Also weak early carries in mobas tend to have their team support them a lot more.

I had a ranger on another server and Im sure I did more dps in the 40s-50s than slinger because of crit and better mobbing skill.

Also, do singers use ssk? I thought it's only for first job so they can lvl faster. Once they get gun mastery ssk falls off in damage.

10. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    7:24 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I used ssk until level 30 with a surfboard/tuna. Damage was fine in KPQ as far as I remember; I think I actually killed faster than bowmen since I mobbed 3 gators at once. People in LPQ didn't give two shits that I did no damage; I actually PQ'd with randoms on my 240 base int sin who didn't attack. I always did 2 portals + lead stage 8 on both chars to compensate for the damage though.

I think double shot right now is fine, and I levelled two slingers to level 50 with no leech. The real pain is level 80 to 108 if you don't own a mage or can afford leech, but that applies to most classes in v.62 Maple anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    The only skill that should be buffed/improved is battleship

notKappa

12. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    10:24 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    I WRECKED LPQ WITH MY GUNSLINGER.

Yes, the numbers may look low, but we got mobility + accuracy + speed. The damage really adds up.
    On the other hand, slingers are known to suck until 4th job, I feel you.