1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Community Poll) OPTION for Boat Ride Skipping

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hiyo, Mar 20, 2017.

Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY

111 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes! An option to skip would be nice

74 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes! An option to skip would be nice, but make sure it's expensive

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    4:00 PM
    Shadower
    Disorder
    Make the fast boat ride 5mil and be done with it (satire)

I think there's a lot to take into consideration here..

If you're thinking of doing it cause the new playerbase is complaining that boat rides take too long well sorry not sorry that's just how things go sometimes, it is a different server after all.

I think the magic of the boat ride is gone for me because most of the time it's empty or other people are afk on the boat (myself included).

Is it really that nostalgic or are we just telling ourselves it was a major part of the game? Granted I do enjoy the down time to go do something outside of the game, like making food or doing dishes or whatever other mundane task that needs to get done, but those things get done mostly because you're trapped on a boat for like 10 minutes at a time and I quite literally have nothing else to do.

Having a fast boat travel will not break the game. I'm totally for it because we're not children anymore and we're (mostly) all adults and have better things to do then sit on a boat for 10 minutes when we already know what we want to do. This seems like a pretty small change, I dunno why everyone is freaking out about it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Brandomon

Brandomon Snail

Mar 20, 2017
    Male
    Dankberg
    Gunslinger
    Honour
    I totally agree with you! Back when I was in grade 3, riding on the boat was awesome, you could socialize, trade, etc. However, no one is ever on the boat, so it's just a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    11:00 PM
    Was a test about how the staff members work here you idiot

4. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    10:00 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I agree with snowingsnowing too.

Boat rides were fun the first 50 times, but after that, it's just really tedious :p I'm all for making boats skip-able, but it's clear that's not what everyone wants.
    My suggestion is, like snowingsnowing , make skipping boats expensive enough for most people to still ride them. If it's like 1-5m each ride, I believe most people would still choose the boat ride, and pretty much all new players would do so to. In that way it doesn't ruin the "nostalgic" boat riding feeling some people seem to hold so dearly :p It's nice to have an alternative, if let's say you're late for a boss run or a GM event. I've missed plenty of events due to boats :) And please don't say "We already have VIP rocks as an alternative". Those are NX only, which we have a very limited source of, and are not always available :)

If you like riding the boats so much, I don't see why this change would bother you. Just continue riding the boats. If it's because you want to socialize and meet new people, you still will be able to if the price to skip is expensive enough.

iCheccoiChecco ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    This shit shouldn't even be considered as an option, tells a lot about the staff members.

6. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    It really doesn't.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    So now it's a rich and poor thing? Is that how you want this server to work? Rich people survive and poor people suffer the most? Don't join boss runs if you're hanging out in FM.

8. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    Yesterday i was on my way to orbis with 4 players, it was fun actually.

9. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    Shadower
    Disorder
    Pls no 5 mil boat ride, that was a joke OnionF4

Anything from like 750k-2m would be fine though

• Like Like x 2
  10. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    That's still a lot to many players. That's millions a week tbh, not all of us are rich here. And even if i would, i wouldn't pay for my way to teleport instantly. That's the same way how the fk can't you realize it. You have 2 bils that's still teleporting to other cities, that's like mapleroyals tbh. Makes now fkin difference to rich players.

11. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    4:00 AM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    Personally feel that having the option to choose whether to skip boat rides when you're in a rush of time is a awesome thing. Boat rides will still be available and for those that wishes to skip the ride, just pay a high amount mesos. Also for those that are rushing somewhere because they have something to do irl, having the option to skip boat rides would be really nice. Putting in the option to skip boat ride doesnt really change anything for players that wishes the boat rides to be still available but make it less tedious for players who doesnt wish to take boat ride. So i think its a win win situation. Just my opinion :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:00 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Wow, look how fast this thread is going...

Well, I would have voted option 3, but personally I don't think the staff here would make the cost as high as I think is fair. That, and we already have the teleport rocks.

OOPS, SORRY YozichYozich

But really, the fact that teleport rocks are "limited" is the reason that makes skipping the boat rides remotely fair. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to just have some saved up vote cash, you know? Buy a pack of 6 rocks every now and then and just use it in those situations when you WILL be late for a boss run and hold everyone up.. or you are just saying "fuck it" to yourself.

Also, I have another relevant suggestion.

Since meeting people is the only remotely fun part of being on the boats in the first place, why not have the boats only available on channel 1?

• Like Like x 8
  13. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    Shadower
    Disorder
    I find it really hilarious and hypocritical that you're arguing that you want this to stay as OLD SCHOOL as possible... well guess what, being poor is part of what an old server is about. Everyone started off poor, including myself.

Your argument doesn't really make sense because it would be an OPTION anyway. People who can't afford it (or those who don't wanna pay an outrageous price every time) would just ride the boat like a normal person. I don't think people who have 150+ characters really wanna waste their time waiting on a boat when they just wanna go do a boss run.

I hear your opinion and I'm glad you're passionate about Old MS, but you really needa relax my dude. This is simply a poll for a video game, nothing is set in stone.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    +1 to the boats only being available on channel 1

• Like Like x 10
  15. Hurt

Hurt Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    1:00 PM
    Hurt
    Assassin
    Mafia
    +1 on the tele rock point, +1 on the ch.1 suggestion!

Regardless of this thread's outcome, how about a new thread on boats being available only on channel 1? :p

EDIT: But actually, now that I think about it wouldn't this get in the way of the option of crimson balrog hunting?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ok, so you whine about us even talking about this subject and complain we are "copying" Royals. Then someone suggests a really high price, and you complain again because you want the price lowered... But lowering the price to something easily affordable would make this feature more like Royals than anything.

OnionMuha

Imo 5m would be the right price to skip it. We really need some kind of tax for the uber rich because when you can farm 15m mesos an hour in pure mesos, that adds up quickly and isn't good for the server's health.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just a note that FairyWing wasn't banned for having an argument here on forums but because the user has 2 forum accounts.

I also would like to request to stop focus on him, since he was permanent banned on this server.

Discuss on besides that. Posts will stay.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    Keep in mind I actually haven't had a to chance to hunt Crimson Balrogs yet, so I'm not sure how many users frequently hunt them. I think an easy fix for Balrog hunting would be both a slight buff to spawn rate, as well as a more frequently occurring ship. Adjusting the frequency of the ships arrival time would be a dual pronged attack in regards to correcting wait times, as well as the amount of Balrogs any given user is able to hunt. I'd be interested in hearing what other users think of this idea.

Edit: Keep in mind, this would be a correction that is only necessary if the CH1 ship change goes through.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don't think crog hunting is that common. The drop you need for warriors is quite frequent, and their other drops are simply terrible.

I mean, theoretically it's possible we could have fierce drama and competition over crogs with only 1 channel, but because their drops are so bad, it just won't happen.

20. Ramissus

Ramissus Red Snail

Mar 1, 2017
    Male
    Ramidus
    Bandit
    Eternal
    I agree with snowingsnowing

Back then, ship rides were fun because people would often be on the boat, however, that is not the case anymore. Besides, a lot of the socializing happens in FM (which I don't mind, it's relaxing to sit in FM and chat with other people). I feel like if you want to socialize, simply go to FM or add the people you really want to socialize with on your buddy list.

In addition, the 3rd option could work, but you would need to find a reasonable price to put it as. Making it something like 1 million mesos per teleport is ridiculous, as it may deter new players from wanting to continue on the server. If you could just make it so that they still have to buy the ticket or something, then I think that's perfectly reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.