1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slightly Increase Gunslinger Double Shot Range

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DarkKirisaki, Mar 29, 2017.

1. DarkKirisaki

DarkKirisaki Red Snail

Mar 29, 2017
    3:36 PM
    Hello there, first post here. Hopefully this is the correct section

As you all might know, in LPQ, gunslingers can't hit the monster in the level that requires ranged attacker unless they have wings (which, in turn, takes a long time). Can the range of the Double Shot skill be slightly increased so that it can hit the mob from that distance? I doubt it will unbalance the game too far if its just a slight increase. Think about it, what if an assassin or bowman is not available in the party? Please, do give it a consideration. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    12:36 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    you can wing and land on the platform
    max kb from wall allows you to pin the ratz on the edge of platform LOL

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    DarkKirisaki

DarkKirisaki Red Snail

Mar 29, 2017
    I disagree. I don't get wings till later levels (had to stabilize damage with mastery and also get a mob skill aka invisible bullet and flag) Can we just shoot from afar like assassins and bowmen?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    Goblin
    Mafia
    idk after 70 LPQs I don't really see a problem

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:36 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I'm sure it wont unbalance the game at all, and would do no harm, like you're saying Kirisaki, but as someone who's LPQed a lot on a Gunslinger I enjoy doing it the way Isaac said. xD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    As much as I like this idea to happen, i feel like this is one of the disadvantages of Corsair ~.~

• Like Like x 2
  7. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    Goblin
    Mafia
    honestly i feel like the struggle of lvl 10-120 really contributes to the corsair experience
    keep it

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    DarkKirisaki

DarkKirisaki Red Snail

Mar 29, 2017
    Actually I do not think this has anything to do with corsairs struggling till they hit 120.The struggle happens because of DAMAGE and I'm talking about RANGE here. I doubt the range difference is that noticeable outside LPQ.

Anyhow, I still stand by the notion that the range should be extended slightly. And just curious... what's your build? I do not get wings and other mobility related skills till late levels. Mastery, Mobbing skills, booster takes priority, don't they?
    Tldr Not every gunslinger has wings and recoil at LPQ levels.

And until this suggestion has been rejected or accepted by the mods, I still stand by my original motion. If someone wants to make a case against my suggestion, please do. I earnestly feel that my idea would not disrupt the game at all and is in fact a helpful one.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yeah, we're all just stating our opinions on the matter, like I said I'm pretty neutral because it never bothered me as a Gunslinger but I also agree that it wouldn't cause any harm.
    Anyway what I did on my Gunslinger is
    Invisible Shot 1
    Mastery 5
    Booster 6
    Max Invisible Shot
    Mastery 19
    Max Wings and Recoil Shot
    Max Booster

10. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    8:36 AM
    Defender
    First we need to know if this is even possible, some of files are hard coded and they are unavailable to adjust. Wait for Mods to come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:36 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Uh, no guys. Gunslingers are supposed to have a lower range. That's the way they were designed, as some weird hybrid class. Archers and sins actually have the skills which improve their range, so it seems basically you want to give gunslingers a free 10-16 skill points for an automatic advantage?

Range is actually a big part of the class's mechanics. And it shouldn't be changed because it will cause a huge difference.

• Like Like x 2
  12. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Slingers are not range like bowmen and sins.
    Its like saying give dits hp buff like warriors cos they are mele

• Like Like x 2
  13. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    3:36 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    I remember doing LPQ and when we got to that stage, everyone freaked out cus we didn't have a bowman class / sin. Then I'd totally save the day with wings + double shot. It takes a bit more time, but you definitely get style points!

Shoutout to sindits! (Bandits who put their points into lucky7 instead of the stab move, allowing them to kill those ratz as well!)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I suggest if grinding LPQ is a high priority for you, just put points in wings now while you still LPQ.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    DarkKirisaki

DarkKirisaki Red Snail

Mar 29, 2017
    Firstly, apologise for the late reply. Been caught up with some work and bad connection lately...

And isn't gunslinger a ranged class? I was of the impression it is. In fact the way the bullets works and how they need to be recharged strongly remind me of an assassin. Furthermore, I recalled the range was eventually extended slightly in a later update in GMS. Kinda shows that gunslingers were intended by the devs to be ranged class after all eh?

And United... your analogy about giving dit more HP since its melee is invalid. Firstly, I am not saying to increase EVERY gunslinger skill range, but just the double shot skill range. It's already quite far and increasing a little bit more, just enough for gunslinger to hit the ranged monster in LPQ won't make too much of a difference right? Outside of LPQ, would anyone even notice that little increase? If I said to increase range of other skills like invisible bullet and flag then it might potentially make things imbalance as those skills are more medium range than long range.

Also... Why the hell does everyone insisting Wings? Mobility skills are a waste of point and should be low priority in favour offensive skill. But fine, I would put some skills points in just in case.

Lastly, think of the good it can do. If a party has no bowmen and assassins it saves time to just float and shoot the rats in LPQ right? I am sure the party inside LPQ would be glad not to wait for the gunslinger to float, shoot climb up again and repeat if they have no other ranged class available.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Why is United's analogy invalid? lol all you did was say so and move on like it was fact without supplying any reason or evidence. But it seemed pretty damn legit to me. All analogies are by definition inexact, otherwise you end up with a tautology: increasing gunslinger range is like increasing gunslinger range!

LPQ also requires a magician for teleport and a thief for dark sight, but I'm pretty sure a gunslinger with enough jump to reach the mage portal could do the mage portal with wings, and a brawler that put points in oak barrel could do the thief portal. Well, at least half the time without dying.

The point is, a variety of classes are required to do LPQ. If you want to be able to just magically fill in or void those requirements based on your opinions of what gunslinger should be like, and not even put points in the skills we said would alleviate those problems, well, tough cookies.