1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

✨Scroll changes✨

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ju, May 24, 2022.

1. Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    11:49 AM
    Warrior
    Since this section of the forum has ruined the game, I might as well make an absurd change so I can ruin it myself. I don't read the forums so apologies if my proposed changes I am about to reveal is up like 3 years ago or something.

FoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpatFoxpat

The reason for doing so comes with the not-so-recent P.coin changes and the fact that my shadower will not hit lvl180 before the game is destroyed by the economy ceteris paribus.

I don't disagree with the implementation of P.coins. It is actually very good for new players(who know the system but most don't, I don't sympathize with most of them anyway). I wrote this also because I remembered someone said that the P.coin was supposed to keep the prices of CS/WS at a range of 100-200mil? I think it is absurd and since we are heading toward that direction, I would like to propose changes to how scrolls work and some minor tweaks to various sources of scrolls.

The idea is simple: Peg the value of scrolls to P.coins.
    With that, I propose that all scrolls can be traded for their counterpart e.g. WAND 30-> STAFF 30.

Just add a messo sink like how you trade P.coins for CS/WS haha

Don't ask me, it's quite arbitrary to begin with. CS and WS were never equal until P.coins happened. I'm sure the value doesn't really matter

There's going to be a fair bit of balancing involved since the most valuable scrolls are the dark scrolls, the simplest way is to remove it from mobs. This makes farming less organic, and more absurd! :heart:

Extending from this idea, I propose a few new scrolls replacing all weapon scrolls where the scroll for weapon for MA and scroll for weapon for WA, ACC, etc.(the values will follow the original 10%,30%,60%,70% and the x5%s if any) will be useable for ALL WEAPONS. Simplifying scrolling to the maximum! (omg we can have STR mages swinging their weapons lmaooo)

[​IMG]

For top, bottom, overall, face, eye, helm, shoes, gloves and whatever I missed out on, if you wish to ruin it, they can be traded for stat equivalent e.g. EAR DEX for EAR INT. with

Many ways to go about it but the replacement of every one of these items for it's equivalent. Idk, no sympathy for your losses from hoarding. Besides, the value of your scrolls is going to be pegged to something that will go to the moon

Rates from gacha and boss drops can be controlled. I'm sure it's not too hard to figure what the rate should be once you have determined everything to a corresponding coin rate. I think quests should still give those lovely scrolls. You don't want people to not quest do you?

In an attempt to convince you, imagine the stability of the GFA prices and INT gears. One yellow line in Gachapon will guarantee that you can get something substantial! Isn't that crazy?! MapleF14 Of course, how much you get depends on the arbitrarily determined value that P.coins and scrolls are going to be traded for.

Ceteris Paribus, I'm sure that my absurd suggestions will surely save the economy!Foxpat

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    8:49 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Noice.

It’d be cool to use P Coins for all Dark Scrolls (if dark scrolls are removed from mobs).

it’d also be interesting to have 1 scroll that can be used for all WA/MA/ACC on any weapon.

Everything you said is good… yes fix the broken market system.

Except farming since it’s IRL time spent, rather than RNG:
    • Farming takes effort
    • Setting up takes effort
    • Less mesos gained than selling skele/5-6 leech
    • Only a symptom/result of a broken market

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1