1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread about crafting, or trying to craft, NRCs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nikki, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:17 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol anything we say that disagrees with you is "nothing of value". No "legitimate arguments." Almost no point posting here in this thread honestly. But yeah.

Think of all the MILLIONS of mesos you spent leeching. I think you spent well over 200m. You could have bought a much better WG. You could have bought a NRC yourself and maybe 30% the first slot and 60/70% the rest. You could have gotten other improvements. Your DPS would be vastly improved.

Instead you took the easy way to level, but as a result, your character is now weaker than someone else around the same level who actually trained.. well, if people who train actually exist anymore.

Point is, you're just whining. Get a better glove, settle for a NRC that isn't godly scrolled, and you will go back to out-damaging your peers just fine..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:17 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    As a former NL that aimed to be dexless and forged about 10 NRCs total with the best one being 43 att and over half of them under 40 (36-45) and then failed 30s on those good enough to scroll. I kinda can see where you are coming from.
    However as many ppl have said, dexless sins are already really easy to gear and even with bad gear you will outdamage or do similar damage to other low-dex (unless they have really good gear/more levels) Having at least one thing be hard to obtain and scroll is only fair and makes sense.
    Only reason I myself went low-dex is because I know how much rng hates me thus I knew that the chances of getting a "godly" NRC were minimal at best. So either go low-dex or suck it up and spend the required amount of time needed to get your claw.

3. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    3:17 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Me leeching has nothing to do with the thread and yet you AGAIN made it the main part of your post. Me arguing pointless posts without substance isn't the point either, but you made it the secondary part of your post. None of these responses even TRIED to refute that obtaining an NRC is harder than obtaining any other endgame weapon. None of these responses even TRIED to refute that the 6 months of Craven spam has ALREADY made low dex sins OP in comparison even though they already were before.

I'm looking for responses that refute those two things, because I think they are un-refutable. I'm not looking for responses that cry about me not having enough time or patience to grind to level 120 in a timely matter. I'm not looking for responses that complain about their weapon also being hard to create when its in the fm often for a price I would buy an NRC for. I'm not looking for responses that say no from an observational standpoint without going any further into the problem.

If no viable responses present themselves, I stand by the opinion that the crafting of NRCs needs some kind of buff.

!!!! The only person in this server who has crafted a large enough amount of NRCs to scroll (that I know of??) has been grounded for playing maple story to much

I DONT WANT TO BE GROUNDED!!! I WANT TO KEEP PLAYING LEGENDS! #NRCS4NIKKI

4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    You are a very funny person, talking without even having all the info. Good luck being a shit NL (clearly not willing to put in any effort whatsoever) Too petty for me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Mages rely on elemental wands. Those are GASH ONLY. And gash has since been retweaked to make it worse for everyone as a whole! What is harder than relying on gash!? At least you (and others) get to put in the effort to obtain your fabled endgame weapons as much as you wish!

The DKs have stated that pinakas are hard to farm and sky-skis are gash only as well! Funnily enough, you ignore that too and insist that no one gives you the arguments you seek.

The leching part is going to be a major part of my posts regardless of your smoke and mirrors. Its because you whine and whine you are underpowered and you deserve to be able to "compete" with low-dex sins, but the reality is it's your fault!

Like I already stated: if those hundreds of millions of mesos you had went to gear improvements, you would not be outdamaged, and thus you would have no basis for any of your arguments here.

6. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    wah wah wah, u petty.

In other news, more shitting up of my thread and still no sound reasoning as to why this weapon should take much longer than others of equal or greater caliber to farm.

Smoke and Mirrors? Those normally come when falsehoods are being presented. I have been nothing but honest and transparent. I am CLEARLY presenting a large crafting inequality that exists within the game and you are CLEARLY attempting to refute that by assuming that it is because I leeched. You want so desperately to be right about your anti leech stand that you are invading my thread about it.

I'll try to explain this really slowly for you lionheart.. the basis for my argument is that every single other endgame weapon item is easier to come across. I do not care about being under powered, I will improve my gear eventually. I care about the inequality problems that make attaining a +20-25 attack Craven/Sleeve/Nisrock/Pinaka/Stonetooth MUCH EASIER than creating a +20-25 Night Raven Claw. That is what this thread is about.

It is not about your fantasies of proving that leech is evil and that faeries will rule the world. Save that shit for ur bbs cultheart

Elemental Wand Part: They were extremely widely available earlier in the game that there is absolutely NO reason to mention them unless you'd like to strengthen my argument

You know damn well I refute every point before making such an all encompassing statement like those. Quit strawmanning, lionheart. Debate team, get gud.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    4:17 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Unless you want this thread closed and denied I'd suggest you cut the personal attacks out of your post.

This will be my only warning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol Nikki. You can say all you want we've presented no arguments to refute you. It's just a lie. It's almost the very definition of a straw man, claiming that whatever we say is irrelevant or not worthy or ad hominem.

But I'm done here (for reals!). This will never happen because everyone already sees nothing wrong with the current situation. NL is already the strongest bossing class, Dexless NL even more so. They're quite popular too, second only to bishops. The reason NRC should remain harder to obtain is a thing called balance. If it was super easy to obtain above average NRC, there would be absolutely no point to having any dex at all, and there would be an even bigger disparity between the power of Nightlords and other classes.

It ain't gonna happen.

9. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Since I can't resist but to let you know you're wrong..

1. I didn't start the attacking in this here thread, and it appears I also haven't ended it
    2. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Weeaboo
    3. I am not weak, I have a pgc, ilbis, a luke robe, and an average atk wg. All of which I could afford even while buying leech. This thread is strictly stating that the weapon I have (+12 of an average NRC) is less than what the average craven/sleeve user has (+15-25 on an above average craven/sleeve) due to the inequality of accessibility.

I have not ignored any facts in this entire thread. I also do not appreciate your (random as hell) political polarization.

LionheartLionheart

WHERE are you pulling out of your ass that dexless sins are more powerful than low dex sins? Dexless sins are currently LESS powerful than almost any other attacker class with average accessibility to their end game weapon and I have spent the entire thread proving that. Read number #3 18 times before responding to this thread again.

LatteLatte

When the personal attacks are cut out of every post above mine, I will cut them out of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Such poorly crafted statements along with no effort given to the opposition's view makes it hard to believe you're on any debate team. Also that is an internet's version of weaboo which is a slang and not an accepted term. The actual term of weaboo from japan itself is what was already stated.

11. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Effort was given to refuting every 'point' the opposition made and it was all presented in clear concise english. Look at one of your posts, than look at one of my posts. Come on, silly man. Dun be silly.

12. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Well duh. Standard items for the class are common.
    Specialty items for a class are hard to get.

How is this hard to understand?

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Read the thread?

1. I wouldn't be opposed to them being a bit harder to get, but as I illustrated with maths, they are a LOT harder to get. 35 hours for an above average one compared to the ability of buying 1-5 a day if you are any other class. And it isn't about getting one. It's about getting at least 20. You could obtain 100 cravens before you obtained 20 NRCs.
    2. Elemental Staffs and Wands.. specialty item.. largely available for the bishop class to be OP and 2 hit skeles IMMEDIATELY upon hitting level 130 (?????????????)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Oh, please tell me where you found that Pinaka fountain, I want some

• Like Like x 5
  15. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    1) A specialty item is a lot harder to get than a common drop you say? Heresy. You don't need 20, you need 2, 60% one, yolo the other, if it booms, try again. If you want something extra special, you better be ready to put in the extra hours, no matter how many.

2) Ele-weps aren't a specialty item. They were super available in gms, and were equally available here. Neckson made 4th job mages way to strong, for no reason, so comparing their itemization to a NL's is just a mute point. There's no relevance between the two.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    15-25 on an above average craven-sleeve??? What are you smoking? I wanna know cause it seems really potent. Just FYI, the top 3 NLs in the server have claws that range from 69-71 attack and they are all sleeves. Considering that sleeve max att is 55, that is at most a +16 on a max att claw.
    So like I said, where are you getting your info? You seem to be pulling stuff out of your ass.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    1. Yes.. if you read the thread you would see that it takes on average 35 hours to farm a good NRC, whereas EVERY OTHER weapon that people use for endgame is obtainable through multiple methods and/or purchasable in the fm. The NRC is not often in the FM.. because its never crafted.. because it takes forever.. AND because it shares an crafting item with Balanced Furys

2. The relevance they share is being the two only statless weapons that can be considered end game. Compared to NRC, the benefits Elemental Wands/Staffs provide are completely OP. Instantly two hitting skeles (thus being able to sell leech for 7m/hr, which is not far off from the price of most clean end game weapons) or MAYBE being able to compete with an average equipped low dex sin if you get lucky, which is more powerful?

We aren't talking about your problems, here. Aside from the fact that pinakas sell for around 10-15m, you could be killing manon, zakum, AND dual birks for one. I understand that you probably have enabling parents that ignore your whining because having the computer raise you is much easier than doing it for themselves, but please don't come into my thread and make it my problem now go run to coffee and tell on me like a good little boy :p

My buddy comes in from colorado every couple weeks. It is.

I see, that is rather unimpressive. It doesn't mean i'm pulling anything out of my ass, though. +15-25 is what most people are eventually looking for in the endgame weapon range unless they are looking for a perfect. Just because da rng man hates all NLs so far and you are in possession of that knowledge doesn't mean i'm talking out of my ass. It also doesn't mean it should take a level 125 NL 35 hours to farm 1 above average weapon to scroll.

18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I wasn't talking about my "problems" either, I was just refuting what you said. Here let me quote again so you notice your mistake.
    This doesn't apply for pinakas, hence you are wrong. I do kill manons and zakum, so don't come tell me I don't do it. Dual birks hunting for pinakas will probably drop 1 in the time you get 1 or 2 nrcs

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    So... you're saying, again, that your class has more opportunity to obtain your weapon of choice than mine does? I like you in this thread, you should stay :)

20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    No, my weapon of choice is Sky Skiis, but gach you know?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.