1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread about crafting, or trying to craft, NRCs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nikki, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    9:02 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    After spending some time farming Nightshadow badges, examining the crimsonwood exchange quest, and comparing the time required to craft Night Raven Claws to the time required to attain other end game weapons, I think crafting Night Raven Claw's deserves some sort of change.

This post also took into consideration the 'OPness' of Night Raven Claw's in comparison to the 'OPness' of other possible endgame weapons, both within class and not-within class. I used a thread made by 'thetavi' comparing lowdex to dexless, but quickly realized the low dex claw attacks are vastly understated compared to what is easily available here.

I have calculated that currently, for me (lvl 125 NL, 1198-2160 range), it takes 19-23 minutes to farm 11 Nightshadow badges. The exchange quest requires 50 badges per completion, and there is an equal 1/11 chance (correct me if i'm wrong here, I very well could be) to receive either a Raven Claw or a Tao of Shadows. This means that, on average, it will take a person 550 Night Shadow badges to craft one NRC. 11 is 2% of 550.

21 minutes * 50(%) / 60(minutes) = 17 hours to create 1 Night Ravens Claw. Assuming you are using stimulators, an average of 35 hours to create 1 scrollable Night Ravens Claw. I'm sure this is MUCH faster for bishops, maybe taking them 20 hours total to create one scrollable Night Ravens Claw, but this isn't a thread about the ridiculous farming inequality (on top of leech selling) power Bishops currently hold.

On top of this, the tao required to create the NRC is also one of the taos required to create Balanced Fury throwing stars.

Now for comparisons:

Compared to lowdex NLs: 48-50 atk Cravens have been dropping from both Zakum, Black Kents, and Gacha(?) for months and are widely available for scrolling or upgrading to sleeve.. crafting a 53-55 attack sleeve and landing a 2-4 30s on it is not very hard, aside from the expensiveness/rarity of Claw for 30% attack scrolls.

Compared to Heroes: have been able to locate many of their OP endgame weapon, Stonetooth, via Gachapon. Finding (and apparently, perfecting :rolleyes:) one is not so hard.

Compared to a less used class such as dexless sins (one in which crafting is required), Corsairs: Using the FM it takes an average of 6m to upgrade a gun to a Dragon Revolver (thanks, mesowine)

Compared to Dark Knights: A bit tougher, but both Zakum and Manon drop dat naka'

I do not believe everything should be easy or equal. However, equality in endgame weapon creation is the single most important factor (besides skills) that impacts the equality between classes :eek:

Thoughts, ideas, endgame weapon stories, and an average time it takes to farm 11 nightshadow badges for a bishop are all much encouraged in this here thread MapleF14

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    3:02 AM
    But shouldn't dexless have it harder at the later stage since they got it "easyer" early on?
    Afterall there should be a difference between dexless, low dex and regular right?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    8:02 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Thieves were never meant to be purely dexless.
    The dexless lifestyle is almost solely to make the first 100-120 lvls easier.
    Even if this was made more easily available, it would only delay the inevitability that low-dex thiefs just straight up outscale dexless. Irregardless of the weapons they use.

4. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Yes, but with this completely in mind, I still would like to remain a dexless thief. I would like to do this because I like the uniqueness and nostalgia it provides. My best times in Maple Story were as a 35-70 dexless sin, and in a private server as a dexless Skanda user. Neither time was I the most OP, I just have more fun that way. All assassins get it much harder pre 3rd job than almost any other class besides gunslingers, including dexless assassins. This is because >nomobskill

Yes, but at this point being a level 90-100 sin and creating an NRC is not only unrealistic without outside help (or having your own bishop), it's virtually impossible unless you are willing to spend multiple days on crafting just ONE of your preferred weapon.

Even with a giant buff towards NRC crafting, simply being lowdex and training 90-120 with an easily obtained casters/scarab rather than wasting time crafting an NRC is definitely the quicker, more sane option.

In short, I am asking for this buff because I am insane.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Eh, low-dex sins can't outclass dexless sins. You need insane dex gears and fully egged HTP to even make low-dex sins compare.

My opinion is No, sorry. Everyone probably loves mages (especially bishops) for their exp leech potential, but at the end of the day they're the ugly stepchild of bossing and only used as mules to level up the "real attackers". Sins' DPS is extremely high on bosses. So suffer.

OnionNinja

+1 for that :rolleyes: face though.

6. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    MapleF5 why do i hav to suffer more dan lowdex lionhart MapleF5

7. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    "O wow, my op takes hours upon hours to get." That pretty much sums the thread. It is apparent you aren't used to struggling, and as i have stated before, to make it to the top, you have to struggle. I'm going to be honest here. I bitch a lot about pinakas. I've spent 2 8hrs sesh for nothing, at dual birks, losj with 16hr for one, and over 24hrs for Salmander for none. So what did i do about it? I made a bishop to aid in the pinaka hunt. I'd also like to mention Dragon faltz isn't even the best spear in the game. Sky ski are only gach and go for 40m+. You also don't really need nrc considering there are many end game claws available, whereas atm we dks have only faltz

8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:02 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I disagree, if you say you are making dexless because it's nostalgic to be pure dexless then you should bare wih the difficulties it brings
    I got 2 from Manon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    You mentioned there are multiple ways and weapons that you could use most with multiple ways of getting them. This means that anytime anyone is zakking, manoning, grinding at dual birks, there is a chance for a Pinaka to be created that you could buy with mesos you obtained participating in various different types of gameplay.

The only way to obtain an NRC is to grind for Nightshadow badges. The NRC is the only weapon available that is dexless besides the shinobi bracer. Pinaka's max attack is just three away from the Faltizan's. Also, you began your post by attacking me for no reason.. kek why? :roflmao:

Yes, but these difficulties didn't exist for GMS dexless sins while crimsonwood and NRC's existed, as there were plenty of people grinding nightshadows and plenty of raven claws/taos to be bought and sold from the marketplace. I believe these items were also available from CWKPQ. Also, I already have to deal with the fact that low dex sins outdamage me for most of fourth job and in the long run

There are often multiple opportunities for others to buy or craft the endgame weapon/s available for their class.

Two cravens from manon, further strengthening my argument. Are you saying that NRCs should drop from Manon? because I agree!

----------------------------------------------

It seems as though we do a lot of finger pointing and calling people lazy around here.. reflect on your own time.. I just don't have time to spend 35 hours crafting each scrollable end game item (not an OP end game item at that, average really in comparison to some of the claws, swords, and polearms that already exist) and noticed that every single class and subclass has it at least twice as easy.

You should suffer because i'm not in your shoes is a :poop: answer

Forgot to refute this. That math done in that thread about NRCs vs Lowdex comparison earlier used very low attack claws in its first two examples. A 46 attack Craven and a 50 attack Sleeve were used, BUT cravens and sleeves are so common and easy to craft that nobody scrolls anything less than a 49 attack craven and 53-54 attack sleeves. Taking into consideration all the claws that have been scrolled under these circumstances further 'OPifys' lowdex sins in comparison to dexless.

see for yourself:
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index...you-should-always-be-dexless.3450/#post-31985

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    But in GMS there were also more people farming cravens, so the relation between the two is still there. Also, I'm pretty sure cwkpq wasn't released v62

11. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Ah making claims when you don't even know dk. No one trains at dual birks. NO ONE. Multiple weapons? I stated 3 with two of them being linked. You wanted the best claw in the game which is farmable. We don't even have a chance at that as sky skis are GACH ONLY. In the dk community, all of us wash 6 whole fcking months of nx giving us no chance at this, and having to rely on some lucky guy to pull it. Twice as easy? Come here play a 80 int dk where from levels 90-130 all points go into hp. Then go farm the shitty map where dual birks are just to realize not even a quarter of the map is dual birks. There's 4677338 dks and only so many pinakas. The moment one is up under 10m it's gone, while there's a ton of cravens out there sitting in leisure. Sure, cfa is expensive, but that is farmable as well and comes from a nice weak and high in scroll drop mob. Sfa comes from the heavily nerfed, in drop rate, wolf spider. Hell i think even the pirates have it worse than the sins, before and after the gach rev. Before it was 10% only on weapons, and now its pray to gach for the scrolls. Don't go claiming shit about other classes about end game when you don't have proof on the time it takes to make, or hell even find them. You don't have to have the best end game claw, no one is forcing you to make one. Many other sins like Franco, Next, and Aero and doing just fine as low dex.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Yes, making both items widely available to those who wanted to either purchase them or the items to craft them.. unlike it currently is for one of the items mentioned.. the NRC. If cravens/sleeves are better anyway, than why should they remain more accessible than my weapon?

Cwkpq wasn't released in v62, but Crimsonwood is released in this server. And CWKPQ is scheduled to eventually be released.

This is the only part of your post that had a point that relates to this thread. That point you made strengthened my thread, as I would likely have to pay 5 times that for an average NRC. I saw one of the crafting equipments, the shadow tao, for sale in the FM for 30m a day or two ago.

Also, I cannot use cravens as I am a dexless sin and want to stay that way.

Also, the NRC is not 'the best' end game claw. I am only a dexless sin because I consider it a novelty I would like to pursue. With or without NRC's being available more widely, I will be weaker.

------------------------------------------------------

So far, there has been 0 legitimately sound reasoning as to why dexless sins less powerful end game claw should be exponentially less obtainable than all other end game gear.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    10:02 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    There used to be a thread about how easy it was to make NRCs :whistling:

14. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:02 AM
    Personally, since sins are supposed to add DEX to wear their normal equips, I think the difficulty of obtaining NRC is fine since it's a special weapon anyways and Cravens can be farmed from mobs like other classes. Playing a dexless sin is already quite easy, all you do is scroll for luk and wear dexless equips, if you have to put in more effort and only get your end-game dexless claw at levels 100+ then it's not a big problem. If you're planning to stay dexless for life, then get an average NRC and throw 60%s first, since being dexless your damage is already good, and a simple 60% scrolled average NRC is good enough for grinding purposes, and then you can slowly farm materials for more if you want to try for a better claw since you don't have a lot of stuff to scroll.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/night-ravens-claw.3274/

This one? The thread where the person is going purely off observation with 0 statistics.. and doesn't know at all how long it 'will' take to craft one, as nobody was a high enough level at the time

What makes the item 'special' ....? Do level 130 elemental wands count as special? Everyone seemed quite fine with them being streamed from gachapon at a high rate at the servers beginning.

I don't understand why this item needs to take 17 hours to craft while that one is widely available, they are both end game weapons of the statless variety..

What does Cravens being farmable from mobs have too do with NRCs crafting being to slow compared to things like CRAVENS and PINAKAS and NISROCKS? If anything it strengthens my argument, especially since lowdex sins outpower dexless sins o_o If I was a low dex sin my max range would be at least 2400 right now, but it is 2150ish because my claw of choice is unavailable. Or, atleast unavailable in the volume that cravens, pinakas, stonetooths, ewands, nisrocks, etc etc etc are

16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    10:02 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    People were crafting them then. There was a time when raven claws were abundant for like ~10m and taos were 5mish. I guess people have stopped farming for cwk exchange quest so now there are hardly any.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What low-dex sins are outdamaging you?

18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    She is being outdamaged because she spent most of her mesos on buying leech instead of gear

• Like Like x 11
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    LOL. I was going to say this, but I wanted some specific names to compare gear and stuff to before I rubbed it in her face. :p

20. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I am being out damaged by most every low-dex sin with even average equips because Cravens and Sleeves are exponentially more ACCESSIBLE and therefore more SCROLLABLE than my weapon. It has nothing to do with me buying leech. I have average/above average gear aside from my claw and wg. I would also buy the tao of shadows and raven claws if I could because I have the mesos to do so. Just because you two have a hard time funding yourselves doesn't mean I do. Leeching, especially duo leech, is often more or just as cost effective as training for third job sins due to meso up.

Wish you guys would just look at the obvious mathematical explanation in my thread rather than try to draw conclusions based on who you think I am and/or what your observational opinion is. Go be cancer in somebody else's thread. Cept you lionheart, your criticism burns like a hot faerie wand branding my back with the words 'LEECHER'

something something about a neckbeard who is sucking on his irresponsible enabling parents tittys that got deleted by the bigbad coffee drink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.