1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread about crafting, or trying to craft, NRCs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nikki, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    5:25 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    So, you're saying you have TWO possible weapons of choice? Dang being a DK would be like christmas. How many sky skiis and pinakas do you think have came into the server versus the amount of NRCs? Honest question

+1 postcount

2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:25 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Pinakas + Sky skiis vs. NRCs + Cravens, pretty sure NLs win
    You have TWO possible weapons of choice, but you decided NRC, that's your fault

• Like Like x 1
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    You have more opportunities than DK, after all, craven drops more often and is more. common and you are an NL, being dexless is a choice and is not a different class. NRCs can be forged, sky skis can't, your logic is flawless Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I can't use nor plan on using cravens, whereas any DK could use either one :confused:

I mean.. or post a thread suggesting a buff in the crafting of NRCs after illustrating many good points that include the vast availability of Cravens. Lets be real, you'd be on my side if you hadn't pumped in all that dex brotato.

I didn't expect this idea to be popular, because of my reputation and because of the reputation of dexless sins. I expected the important parts to be seen by who needed to see them, and hopefully for changes to be made. I know that there is only 1-2 other people on this server that this would benefit.

It's not a popularity contest, its a facts contest. And I think I presented the most accurate facts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    4:25 AM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Well you hit the nail on the head there Sherlock. Closed case.
    You complain about how long it takes to make this item, as if your even spending the time to make it? If you want change you've got to be the change. Want to see more of them on the market, get to work. In the time it would take, let's say SucreSucre to farm out a max stat pinaka from DBirks, you could have completed not one, but probably 2 NRC's. Yet you're not putting the effort in to even try.

There is a reason all the best NL's in the server are low-dex. Being dexless is a huge commitment post 120, and NRC's are the reason. The Time:Reward scale is daunting, and usually not worth it to most players. Does that make it to imbalanced. No.

Let's take Crimson Arclancer as an example. If I wanted to craft myself up a CA (Similar stats to a VERY COMMON normal item.) It would take an insane amount of effort and time. Would it be worth it to 100% of people, no. Should it be? No. I want one because I like the item over the Standard. Similar argument to what you're making here. Will it be harder to scroll? Of course, not many other people are gonna waste their time making one, so if I want it to be good, I gotta put that effort in myself.

Irregardless of how common the standard item's drop rates are, or how much easier they are to scroll, asking for a specialty item of the same caliber to be easier to obtain just for the sake of self-gratification is not a solid ground to base a suggestion on.
    They're insanely hard to get items, because they are insanely good. We had no problems with them before now, and we wont have any problems with them after this gets denied. If you want something special, you gotta be ready to jump through the flaming hoops the ringleaders at Neckson lit on fire for you.

Exactly this.

This is the path you chose, you don't get to bitch and whine when the going gets tough. You put up, or shut up.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    That's because you chose NRC and then bought leech. If you would have chosen for craven and grinded regularly instead of level 50 to 120 leeching you would have the gear to wear the craven already.

7. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Good luck with your whining, clearly you like to ignore arguments that are inconvenient to you, have fun not getting anywhere with this. Just to reiterate once more, YOU ARE AN NL, not using dex claws is a CHOICE, you are NOT in ANYWAY FORCED to be dexless.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    1. Irregardless? Please.. real words not words that you think make you look clever http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=irregardless
    2. can I get some numbers on that dual birks grinding hype? I mean.. aside from the fact that you are using the absolute slowest method of pinaka finding.
    3. I'm not asking it for the sake of self gratification, i'm asking it for the sake of making it slightly more equally available. 35 hours is too long for one crafted item and none of the other classes items take that long
    4. Your example took the SAME unbalanced exchange quest and used it as an example.. I think those should be a bit easier to make also.

I know. I'm choosing to be dexless.. and i'm also choosing to post a thread that outlines why the difference in crafting time nerf's my chosen class to un-competable levels. You are choosing to post in my thread about it accusing me of ignoring arguments when I have not o_o
    ------
    I bought luk equips and NRC knowing full well that I was always going to be dexless. I had never planned to switch to a Craven, but to craft a better NRC than I had currently scrolled once I reached a high enough level to grind Nightshadows effectively.

Upon testing the speed of crafting at nightshadows, I posted this thread.

..and here I am. Nikki the big bad leech wolf :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Your chosen class is NL, not dexless NL. Your chosen class has lots of options, dexless with luk gear, dexless with dex gear or lowdex. The fact you choose the hardest path and go for dexless with NRC does not transform that into a different class. YOUR class has 3 options, if you choose the hardest one then be prepared to put in the work needed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Exactly, grind at NS to get the materials to craft the NRC. Even if it takes long, at least you get something out of it, exp. I can assure you that hunting pinakas from manon and dual birks aren't very exp efficient. Zakum is, but then again not the best way to level and can only do it twice a day anyways.

11. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I don't understand why ya god damn weirdos are posting in this thread 'encouraging' me to go grind for 35 hours to attain 1 NRC after having attacked me repeatedly. Doing that would be bad for my health. I am requesting a buff in the rate so that I don't have to suffer through that, but rather suffer through something similar (but a bit harder) to what nisrock, craven, and pinaka farmers go through.

Christ, I should have just posted in the 'change the droprates' thread. Should have known that a thread posted by me would receive to much negative attention to be taken seriously

#NikkiIsLegends
    #famous
    #NRCs4Nikki

12. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    4:25 AM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Well, this is officially a lost cause. She's blind to all counter-arguments, and has played the victim card. No use following this thread any further.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:25 PM
    Moderator Post
    Going close this thread now since it was more a suggestion aimed towards us than the users, and all users gave their opinion by now, or saw this topic.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.